• Tired
  • Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Nualgi

gray cat is offline Administrator
      is looking forward to Spring

Feeling:
      Happy

Nualgi

I just recieved my order of Nualgi for ponds. On the bottle it says to dose the pond every 7 days. Also to dose first thing in the morning and best not to use my UV. I will uncover my pond this Monday and dose it the same day, after I do a water change and clean my filter out. I will report here the results that I see.
      Anyone who is using it , please post your results here as well.

Nualgi ponds has been developed specifically to starve nuisance algae, reduce foul odors, and increase oxygen levels in your pond. Nualgi promotes greater fish and plant health while keeping the water crystal clear. Enjoy your new habitat and show off your pond as your fish become more active and your plants gain more color. What is NUALGI? based on over 15 years of research, Nualgi is the fourth generation of a patented nano-silica-based micro-nutrient supplement for all types of ponds, lakes & water gardens. Based on 9 years of lab research and 8 years of field research for applications in commercial and municipal water management. The Nualgi formula specifically helps pond owners improve water quality and manage algae on a much smaller scale. How does it work? within 3 – 5 hours of applying Nualgi ponds, a bloom of diatom algae (the good kind!) will develop. The diatom algae bloom out-competes nuisance algae for co2, n, p and other nutrients, causing the bad algae to die off. It then locks away some of the harmful nutrients in the new bio mass that is consumed as live food for your fish and zooplankton. By kick-starting this natural process, the diatom algae out-compete the nuisance algae for nutrients, thus starving and eventually eliminating the bad algae from your tank! 125ml sized bottle is good for ponds sized under 5,000 gallons.

Eliminate nuisance algae & get crystal clear water - without an algaecide!
      • Safe for fish, plants & all types of ponds & water gardens
      • Safely improves water quality and balances the nitrogen cycle in your pond to reduce algae, maintenance and bad odors
      • Improves fish health, color & activity
      • Improves aquatic plant growth & coloration

When you supplement your regular maintenance with Nualgi Ponds, you will be able to:
      •WATCH YOUR POND FLOURISH – Nualgi Ponds will significantly improve water quality as well as the health of fish and plants. For many eutrophic ponds, results may be visible by afternoon on the first dose- starting with the bubbling up of oxygen, elimination of odor, and Blue Green Algae crashing and floating to the surface.
      •SEE MORE – By reducing nuisance algae growth, Nualgi Ponds improves water clarity and visibility to reveal more of the pond’s environment and its inhabitants.
      •FEED LESS – By restoring missing nutrients, Nualgi Ponds brings balance to the natural marine food chain from the bottom up by promoting the growth of diatoms and zooplakton – free food for your fish and shrimp!
      •SHOW IT OFF – Enjoy peace of mind knowing that your pond is healthy, clear, and odor-free. Friends and guests will be impressed, and we won’t tell them how easy it was to restore the natural beauty of your pond.

Click on link below for FAQs
      http://nualgiponds.com/about-us/faqs/
      Nancy

Koiphen 2013 Koi Person of the Year!

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

nmtsaki is offline Moderator ~ WWKC Secretary
      is hanging in there, waiting for
      warmer weather

Feeling:
      Awesome

I will be interested to see how this works. I thought they were diatoms, I guess it's something that allows diatoms to grow!

Favorite Quotes:
      The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too. -- Samuel Butler.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. -- Edith Wharton.

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. -- Gilda Radner

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement. -- Snoopy

BWG is offline Senior Member
      is 999875421235621456478541.1

Feeling:
      Happy

125ml treats 125,000 gallons at a cost of $35. Looks to be reasonable costs if anyone wants to trial it.

Russell Peters is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I have been using it since 8/14 and have had all of my UV lights off since then. It saves me app. $100.00 a month in electricity costs and I don't have to buy replacement bulbs.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

BWG is offline Senior Member
      is 999875421235621456478541.1

Feeling:
      Happy

That's enough to convince me to try some. I am placing an order today.

JL41 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I decided to try it this year so I added it to my pond last week and turned UV lights off. I have never had green water since adding UV 5 years ago. Let's see if I get it this year.

DarleneD is offline Supporting Member
      is crocheting

Feeling:
      Meh

Does this just treat green water or will it also get rid of string algae?

KatieVL is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I picked up a bottle at the Orlando show and added my first dose last week. I put a double dose in the first time to load the pond. Since I do a lot of flow through I may add it twice a week. My UV's are off.

K.O.I.

Start something you will never finish...A koi pond
      "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." -Dalai Lama

warmer weather

Feeling:
      Awesome

I think I read on their website that is does control string algae

Favorite Quotes:
      The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too. -- Samuel Butler.

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. -- Gilda Radner

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement. -- Snoopy

Feeling:
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by KatieVL View Post
      I picked up a bottle at the Orlando show and added my first dose last week. I put a double dose in the first time to load the pond. Since I do a lot of flow through I may add it twice a week. My UV's are off.
      I read somewhere in the info to be careful not to overdose the pond. Reason is because it does contain some copper.
      Nancy

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by gray cat View Post
      I read somewhere in the info to be careful not to overdose the pond. Reason is because it does contain some copper.
      I do not think think this is correct. I was told that, no matter how much you put in, it is absolutely harmless to Koi. There are no chemicals or metals in this product.
      Last edited by Russell Peters; 03-27-2015 at 10:55 AM.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

RickF is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
      his is correct

I do not think think this is correct. I was told that, no matter how much you put in, it is absolutely harmless to Koi. There are no chemicals or metals in this product.
      At the recommend dose, it is safe, but it does contain chemicals and metals. According to their web site "Nualgi contains a special formulation of Fe, Mn, Zn, Co, Cu, Mo, B, S, Ca, Mg, P, K & Si developed for use in ponds and small bodies of water". All of those are chemicals, and most of those are metals. For those who have forgotten high school chemistry, Cu is copper. The concentrations of these metals are low enough that it would take a significant overdose to have a toxic effect. I do not think doubling the dose the first time would do anything worse than waste money. Chronic use without regular water changes, though, will allow these metals to accumulate, potentially to toxic concentrations, so this product is not going to diminish the need for water changes.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by rickf View Post
      at the recommend dose, it is safe, but it does contain chemicals and metals. According to their web site "nualgi contains a special formulation of fe, mn, zn, co, cu, mo, b, s, ca, mg, p, k & si developed for use in ponds and small bodies of water". All of those are chemicals, and most of those are metals. For those who have forgotten high school chemistry, cu is copper. The concentrations of these metals are low enough that it would take a significant overdose to have a toxic effect. I do not think doubling the dose the first time would do anything worse than waste money. Chronic use without regular water changes, though, will allow these metals to accumulate, potentially to toxic concentrations, so this product is not going to diminish the need for water changes.

ok

wfhoffmaniii is offline Senior Member
      is waiting for spring

Feeling:
      ----

Copper is an essential element as well as a poison. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_in_health It's all in the dose.........

Bill

Feeling:
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by wfhoffmaniii View Post
      Copper is an essential element as well as a poison. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_in_health It's all in the dose.........

Bill
      True. As Rick said above " Chronic use without regular water changes, though, will allow these metals to accumulate, potentially to toxic concentrations."
      We will need to do regular water changes. I will do early morning water changes then add the Nualgi. They state it is best added in the early morning.
      Nancy

Paultergeist is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
      I have been using it since 8/14 and have had all of my UV lights off since then. It saves me app. $100.00 a month in electricity costs and I don't have to buy replacement bulbs.
      I am very intrigued by Russ's observations with this product. I have some very serious green water at this time (no UV currently), and I bought some of this Nualgi stuff at the San Diego Koi Show. I guess I have been now using it about 3 weeks (at double the usual dose, as per the Nualgi representative at the show). I cannot tell any difference just yet, but my finger are crossed........

avorancher is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
      I am very intrigued by Russ's observations with this product. I have some very serious green water at this time (no UV currently), and I bought some of this Nualgi stuff at the San Diego Koi Show. I guess I have been now using it about 3 weeks (at double the usual dose, as per the Nualgi representative at the show). I cannot tell any difference just yet, but my finger are crossed........
      I purchased a bottle last year and gave it a shot. I don't have "green" water as much as small particulates (mostly algae) that cloud my water in summer when feeding. I didn't see much difference after using it and didn't buy any more. The sales people at the San Diego show said that it should have worked in my pond and to fill out a form on their website and they would help me. To be honest, I thought it was typical sales speak that it would cure anything including ingrown toenails and insomnia and dismissed it. That said, I may give it another shot if people here have any success. The concept is good.

koiman1950 is offline Supporting Member
      is semi retired

Feeling:
      Tired

According to their web site "Nualgi contains a special formulation of Fe, Mn, Zn, Co, Cu, Mo, B, S, Ca, Mg, P, K & Si developed for use in ponds and small bodies of water". All of those are chemicals, and most of those are metals.

As this product isn't as natural as some claim (based on the list above), I'll stick with Algaefix. Oh, and I don't have to remember to dose it every week. Even though the Algaefix recommends weekly doses in smaller amounts, I use it only when I see the algae on the walls get to more than 1" long. That means, for me, I treat no more than once/month and usually once every 2-3 months! So, their comparative analysis of cost, for me, is useless.
      Mike

check out our website at: http://www.pond-life.net

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

warmer weather

Feeling:
      Awesome

Well, I'm trying it for my chronically green walled aquarium. I'm wondering if I should clean the glass first. it doesn't say to on the website, just to take pictures and document your results.

Favorite Quotes:

koiman1950 is offline Supporting Member
      is semi retired

Feeling:
      Tired

I would certainly clean the glass first. Any way you eliminate some/most of the current algae problem, the faster a product will usually work. But the rest is just feeding their marketing machine by providing yet another testimonial for them, provided it's a positive one.lol
      Mike

check out our website at: http://www.pond-life.net

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast