• Tired
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toshio Sakai in Seminar February 23-24 2008

Russell Peters is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Toshio Sakai in Seminar February 23-24 2008

Mr. Toshio Sakai of the Isawa Nishikigoi Center, one of the most notable and highly regarded Nishikigoi breeders in Japan, is coming to the San Francisco Bay Area in February 2008 to present another 2 day seminar on Nishikigoi. The first day will feature a series of lectures by Mr. Sakai followed by a banquet, and the second day of the seminar will feature a judging competition for the participants. The judging we be with Koi provided for the event by Mr. Sakai. The Grand Prize for the winner is TBA by Peters and Sons Koi. The Camellia Koi Club will hold this educational event at the Sheraton Hotel in Pleasanton California(near the Oakland airport). They are able to present the event through the generosity of Peters and Sons Koi, the event sponsor and Grand Prize provider. All proceeds from this event benefit the Camellia Koi Club, a non-profit organization.

In 1974 the Matsunosuke bloodline was created by the Sakai family. After many years of development, Matsunosuke Koi became the All Japan Koi Show Grand Champions in 1994, 1995, 1997 and 2002. Toshio Sakai went on to develope a Matsunosuke bloodline for Showa that has become highly respected and shows great quality because of the stability and depth of the Sumi. His knowledge and expertise in the selection of Nishikigoi will be shared with the participants of the Camellia Koi Club event. For more registration and hotel information please visit www.camelliakoi.org. This event will be limited to 80 participants.
      Last edited by Russell Peters; 01-04-2008 at 10:28 PM.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Carl is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Sounds like a great event, Russ. I hope our west coast members make an effort to get there.
      -- Carl --

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by cppond View Post
      Sounds like a great event, Russ. I hope our west coast members make an effort to get there.

They are always welcome. What about you East coast guys?
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
      They are always welcome. What about you East coast guys?
      I am sure that several of us might make it, but my schedule is much too busy right now for me to make it. I haven't even made an east coast event yet.
      -- Carl --

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I am sure that several of us might make it, but my schedule is much too busy right now for me to make it. I haven't even made an east coast event yet.
      We will have to work on finding a way to get you to something someday. Maybe you need an assistant.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

We will have to work on finding a way to get you to something someday. Maybe you need an assistant.
      I have been thinking about making some changes.
      -- Carl --

Luck is offline Samurai
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I have been thinking about making some changes.
      more koi, less work. Good changes
      Watch your thoughts; they become words.
      Watch your words; they become actions.
      Watch your actions; they become habits.
      Watch your habits; they become character.
      Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Dustin

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Luck View Post
      more koi, less work. Good changes
      -- Carl --

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Seminar Topics

We have received several requests for seminar topics so far and they have been forwarded to Mr. Sakai. the response was "Excellant". if you have any questions you would like answered or any topics discussed please feel free to post them here or e-mail them to us at peters@pskoi.com.
      Here are the requests that have been submitted so far;

1). Shiroji - What are the different types (for Sakai Koi), and what do you look for starting at Tosai?

2). Water Quality - What parameters are best for Mr. Sakai's Koi to reach their full potential? Does it change with each season?

3). Condition - when there is good growth in Mr.Sakai's Koi during the summer months, what do you look for in the Beni, Shiroji and Sumi to indicate whether or not it is weak and failing or if the quality is good but the condition is down? Describe and show the four seasons of his Koi.

4). Quality - Discuss elastic and soft Beni, Showa Sumi, Sanke Sumi and the different bloodlines he uses including Magoi.

5). High quality Tosai and Nisai - How can one tell if it is a finished Koi or if it is a very high quality Koi and will continue to improve? A lot of Koi that come to the US look very nice but after a year or so the condition goes down.

6). Water Quality - Are there different water quality parameters needed for growing Koi as opposed to finishing Koi?

7). Mud Ponds - There are times when a Koi needs to be allowed time out of a mud pond andspend time in a cement pond? What are the signs that this needs to be done? Is there a point that a Koi will no longer benefit from growing in a mud pond? How does one recognize this?

hkmp5k is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Mr. Toshio Sakai of the Isawa Nishikigoi Center, one of the most notable and highly regarded Nishikigoi breeders in Japan, is coming to the San Francisco Bay Area in February 2008 to present another 2 day seminar on Nishikigoi. The first day will feature a series of lectures by Mr. Sakai followed by a banquet, and the second day of the seminar will feature a judging competition for the participants. The judging we be with Koi provided for the event by Mr. Sakai. The Grand Prize for the winner is TBA by Peters and Sons Koi. The Camellia Koi Club will hold this educational event at the Sheraton Hotel in Pleasanton California(near the Oakland airport). They are able to present the event through the generosity of Peters and Sons Koi, the event sponsor and Grand Prize provider. All proceeds from this event benefit the Camellia Koi Club, a non-profit organization.

In 1974 the Matsunosuke bloodline was created by the Sakai family. After many years of development, Matsunosuke Koi became the All Japan Koi Show Grand Champions in 1994, 1995, 1997 and 2002. Toshio Sakai went on to develope a Matsunosuke bloodline for Showa that has become highly respected and shows great quality because of the stability and depth of the Sumi. His knowledge and expertise in the selection of Nishikigoi will be shared with the participants of the Camellia Koi Club event. For more registration and hotel information please visit www.camellikoi.org. This event will be limited to 80 participants.
      Hey Russ,
      Your www.camellikoi.org link doesn't work. I know it is misspelled. I'll let you fix it......

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by hkmp5k View Post
      Hey Russ,
      Your www.camellikoi.org link doesn't work. I know it is misspelled. I'll let you fix it......
      Sorry about that, it is fixed!

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Seminar Pins

We are having pins made up for the event. Every one that attends will receive one of these. This is a rough draft and we did spell Camellia wrong. It was changed.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Mr. Sakai's Bio!

Toshio Sakai was born in Mushigame of Yamakoshi Village in Niigata, Japan. After his apprenticeship of Koi breeding under his father, Toshio left Niigata for Isawa to become an independent Koi Breeder. He founded Isawa Nishikigoi Center at age 18. He succeeded the first breeding of Matsunosuke Sanshoku in Isawa. The offspring of the original Matsunosuke Sanshoku have received numerous awards. Among many, Chiba Grand Championship, Saitama Grand Championship, kanto Koshin-Chiku Grand Championship, and all Japan Nishikigoi Shinkou-Kai Kokugyo (national fish) awards and grand Championship.

While developing solid award records, Matsunosuke Sanshoku siblings continued to spawn for over thirty eight years and continued to produce numerous award winning champions of matsunosuke Sanshoku. His Goshiki received the first place award for five consecutive years and its siblings produced the championship fish in Koromo, Budo-Koromo and Kawarimono.

His challenge continues to be the production of Koi with further improvement in size, quality and long lasting beauty. He has served as the member of director of All Japan Nishikigoi Shinkoukai.

Please visit www.matsunosuke.com

dick benbow is offline "The Koi Coach"
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Last year I was fortunate to get to the seminar with toshio and dispite the fact I have intensely studied this man's koi for over 20 years was able to pick up lots of new info regarding his marusome coloration. I also had an opportunity to meet many folks I'd talked with on line in person on this chatline. That was an additional treat. Thank-you Russ for making this opportunity available, and I hope your event will be well supported!
      Dick Benbow
      "The Koi Coach"
      member Team Purdin

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
      Last year I was fortunate to get to the seminar with toshio and dispite the fact I have intensely studied this man's koi for over 20 years was able to pick up lots of new info regarding his marusome coloration. I also had an opportunity to meet many folks I'd talked with on line in person on this chatline. That was an additional treat. Thank-you Russ for making this opportunity available, and I hope your event will be well supported!
      Thank you Dick, there should be a lot of new information this year as well.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Correct Pins!

here is an update on the pins with the correct spelling.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Update

The discounted room rates at the Sheraton in Pleasanton expire on Jan uary 31st. If you are coming then book soon.

janemm is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Following is an excerpt from a post by Brett Rowley (Fishbreeder) on KoiShack referencing the PNKCA seminar in Idaho. An opinion from one of our top domestic breeders shoud be worth something

"Yall got a great opportunity with Matt and Toshio Sakai as speakers. Listen up close. Toshio Sakai came to my farm many years ago and gave a presentation to the AKCA judges. It was among the best learning experiences of my life. He (Sakai) taught me more about my own fish than I ever thought there was to know. Unfortunately, attending a koi show not long after that, it was painfully obvious that some of the judges did not pay close attention to what was taught, or opted to ignore it."

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Grand Prize

This years prize for the judging competition will be a Sansai Gosanke picked by Mr. Sakai. I will post pictures as soon as I have them.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

This years prize for the judging competition will be a Sansai Gosanke picked by Mr. Sakai. I will post pictures as soon as I have them.
      Any word on those pics, Russ?
      -- Carl --

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast