• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Results 1 to 11 of 11

    Thread: Can you judge these showas, please?

    1. #1
      BenDalat is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2021
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      140

      Can you judge these showas, please?

      Good morning Koiphen family,

      Can you judge these showa, please?
      Are they females?

      Thank you,

      Name:  showas.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  52.6 KB

      Name:  Lisa and Moca 04-19-20241.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  56.9 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by BenDalat; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:37 AM.

      • Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

         

    2. #2
      Orlando is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Orlando
      Posts
      1,927
      Body lines look ok but the skin luster looks flat on all of the pictures, too me these are ones to hope they improve.
      Koiphen 2023 Koi Person of the Year!

    3. #3
      BenDalat is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2021
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      140
      Thanks Orlando.

      Is the skin luster depending on genetic or the environment?

      Thanks again.

    4. #4
      Orlando is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Orlando
      Posts
      1,927
      Quote Originally Posted by BenDalat View Post
      Thanks Orlando.

      Is the skin luster depending on genetic or the environment?

      Thanks again.
      I would say both but genetics would carry the larger percentage. A koi with great skin could be ruined in a substandard environment.
      Koiphen 2023 Koi Person of the Year!

    5. #5
      coolwon is online now Senior Member
      is Garfield is my name DIY is my
      game
       
      Feeling:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Durban South Africa
      Posts
      3,879
      2nd question, are they females?

      Judging by the body shape directly from above,I would say males.

      An angled side ways viewed picture, would be more telling.

      Female fish tend to show a tummy taper, or slimming reduction just before the fishes vent.
      Find more about Weather in Durban, ZA

    6. #6
      BenDalat is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2021
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      140
      Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
      I would say both but genetics would carry the larger percentage. A koi with great skin could be ruined in a substandard environment.
      Thank you Orlando

    7. #7
      BenDalat is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2021
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      140
      Quote Originally Posted by coolwon View Post
      2nd question, are they females?

      Judging by the body shape directly from above,I would say males.

      An angled side ways viewed picture, would be more telling.

      Female fish tend to show a tummy taper, or slimming reduction just before the fishes vent.
      Thank you Coolwon

    8. #8
      fly4koi is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Location
      WA
      Posts
      857
      I like the body, they are strong and should grow big, the patterns though they are okay, but again it depends on the price.

    9. #9
      BenDalat is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2021
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      140
      Quote Originally Posted by fly4koi View Post
      I like the body, they are strong and should grow big, the patterns though they are okay, but again it depends on the price.
      Thanks fly4koi.
      I hope the sumi will appear improve the patterns.

    10. #10
      fly4koi is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Location
      WA
      Posts
      857
      Quote Originally Posted by BenDalat View Post
      Thanks fly4koi.
      I hope the sumi will appear improve the patterns.
      Report back after a year, looking forward to it.

      • Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

         

    11. #11
      BenDalat is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2021
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      140
      Quote Originally Posted by fly4koi View Post
      Report back after a year, looking forward to it.
      I sure will.

      • Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

         

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •