• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 21 to 29 of 29

    Thread: Thoughts on old style Dainichi Showa…

    1. #21
      kdh is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      NW Arkansas
      Posts
      8,655
      Quote Originally Posted by KoiStash View Post
      For sure! In 3 years when the sumi pops I'll post an update lol!
      tick tick tick

      • Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

         

    2. #22
      KoiStash is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Mar 2024
      Location
      PA USA
      Posts
      24
      Quote Originally Posted by fly4koi View Post
      I'm not an expert but is this a showa or a goshiki?
      Showa

    3. #23
      fly4koi is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Location
      WA
      Posts
      805
      Quote Originally Posted by KoiStash View Post
      Showa
      Thanks. It has a lot of net pattern instead of solid blocks for the black so I'm confused.

    4. #24
      kdh is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      NW Arkansas
      Posts
      8,655
      Quote Originally Posted by fly4koi View Post
      Thanks. It has a lot of net pattern instead of solid blocks for the black so I'm confused.
      google goshiki koi

    5. #25
      fly4koi is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Location
      WA
      Posts
      805
      Quote Originally Posted by kdh View Post
      google goshiki koi
      They look like these here to my untrained eyes: https://www.koiphen.com/forums/showt...wa-from-Otsuka

    6. #26
      kdh is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      NW Arkansas
      Posts
      8,655
      Quote Originally Posted by fly4koi View Post
      They look like these here to my untrained eyes: https://www.koiphen.com/forums/showt...wa-from-Otsuka
      Here is a better thread

      https://www.koiphen.com/forums/showt...s-talk-goshiki

    7. #27
      fly4koi is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Location
      WA
      Posts
      805
      Quote Originally Posted by kdh View Post
      Thanks, so looks like in general bigger red patches as the key indicator.

    8. #28
      kdh is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      NW Arkansas
      Posts
      8,655
      Quote Originally Posted by fly4koi View Post
      Thanks, so looks like in general bigger red patches as the key indicator.
      Well it gets a little complicated with varieties. But generally the koi has a full netting key indicator.. The showa you saw was partly.

      Think of it as a kohaku with (full) netting. Patches of red can be large or small
      Last edited by kdh; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:31 PM.

    9. #29
      fly4koi is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Location
      WA
      Posts
      805
      Quote Originally Posted by kdh View Post
      Well it gets a little complicated with varieties. But generally the koi has a full netting key indicator.. The showa you saw was partly.

      Think of it as a kohaku with (full) netting. Patches of red can be large or small
      That's a clever way of describing it.

      • Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

         

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •