• Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: Heartbroken!!!! Selling house but what should we do with the pond.

rustykoi is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Heartbroken!!!! Selling house but what should we do with the pond.

We are selling the house and my backyard is about 35 feet by 75 feet in size- so it not very big.
      My pond is about 16 feet by 18 feet and about 5 feet deep so it is a big chunk of the yard.

We live in a very suburban neighborhood and it we believe people that will be looking at our home will have children.

Should we fill in the pond????
      If we show it with the pond it could be a negative...,,
      It is a DYI pond so basically an oveal shape surrounded with rocks.

What should we do- this is a tough one.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

TuanP is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

The housing market is hot, I would leave it and let the buyer decide.

SoloBucky is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I agree with TuanP. The housing market is crazy hot all over the county. Unless your location is an exception, I'd leave it. In this market a buyer would just fill it in. You'd have some time between sale and closing to re-home the fish if the buyer didn't want the pond.

Good luck!

EmeraldDragon is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Friendly

Agreed with both TuanP and SoloBuck. The Pond might be the selling point of the house too. They might even asked for the Koi. (I know you won't want to parted with them)
      -=[Sunny]=-

I have served, I have fought to defends the rights and freedom for all Americans. I am a proud Retired Veteran!

Zen's Pond and Garden - The Zen Zone that keeps our sanity alive every day!

johnc808 is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I also agree with TuanP. I'm listing my house in a month or so and the buyer can decide what to do with the pond. I've had a new pond built at the place we are moving to, so will take my fish with me. Thinking of buying a few cheap ones for when we show the house.

pickerel is offline Supporting Member
      is enjoying new pond

Feeling:
      Happy

People always assume the buyer will not want the pond, but the opposite might be true. You might just have someone who will love your pretty little oasis and it will seal the deal. It's worth a try to leave it. Your agent can let people know you are willing to fill it in.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by johnc808 View Post
      I also agree with TuanP. I'm listing my house in a month or so and the buyer can decide what to do with the pond. I've had a new pond built at the place we are moving to, so will take my fish with me. Thinking of buying a few cheap ones for when we show the house.
      That's a good idea John. So, what are you going to do with the cheap ones after the house is sold? If the buyer decided to filled the hole or don't want them.
      -=[Sunny]=-

I have served, I have fought to defends the rights and freedom for all Americans. I am a proud Retired Veteran!

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by pickerel View Post
      People always assume the buyer will not want the pond, but the opposite might be true. You might just have someone who will love your pretty little oasis and it will seal the deal. It's worth a try to leave it. Your agent can let people know you are willing to fill it in.
      I have a realtor that also became my friend over time. He have taught me a lot about selling/renting houses. Something are not a selling point other are, like swimming pool (not a selling point, not unless you are specifically looking for it). Other things are, like kitchen, backyard looks (pond could be part of it) where they can go out and relax after a hard day work, etc...
      -=[Sunny]=-

johnc808 is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I have a friend that builds/services ponds that has taken fish for me when I wanted to reduce my population and rehomed them at ponds in malls and at military bases. I'm sure he could find homes for them.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by johnc808 View Post
      I have a friend that builds/services ponds that has taken fish for me when I wanted to reduce my population and rehomed them at ponds in malls and at military bases. I'm sure he could find homes for them.
      Ah! I see, that's cool!
      -=[Sunny]=-