• Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: Submersible lights with remote control

EmeraldDragon is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Awesome

Submersible lights with remote control

I needs to find a submersible lights with remote control to put into my Koi Pond for night/evening viewing. Since my pond is a wooden raised pond built with 2x6 and 2x8, and the surrounding are congregate. It is hard to affix anything like lighting to it. It usually will falls off after a certain amount of time.

I knows that I can affix the light to the pond top counter areas, but it will not look good. I am trying not to have anything on top that does not look like they belong there.

Anyone has good experiences with submersible lights with remote control? Any recommendations would be great.
      -=[Sunny]=-

I have served, I have fought to defends the rights and freedom for all Americans. I am a proud Retired Veteran!

two_wheeled is offline Senior Member
      is TGIF

Feeling:
      Meh

Looks like you have a wall or ceiling above your pond. Can you mount the light overhead instead?
      -Steve in Phx.
      Novice Extraordinaire

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by two_wheeled View Post
      Looks like you have a wall or ceiling above your pond. Can you mount the light overhead instead?
      There is a story behind this wall/celling thing that I will not touch it. There used to be a bee hive inside there a while ago, we got rid of the bees. But not the honeycomb inside. If I drill anything to it, it could cause it to fall down into the pond. And I do not want to take that chance.

I also have a light already mounted on the opposite side hanging down, but there is not enough lighting at night into the pond.
      -=[Sunny]=-

I have served, I have fought to defends the rights and freedom for all Americans. I am a proud Retired Veteran!

stevek is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I think you'll be sorry about putting submerged lights in. Although they do like nice for awhile, the cords and light fixtures will trap algae and detritus , and soon be a pain in the *ss . When my ponds were put in, the contractor had convinced me to put all kinds of submerged lights in. After a couple of years, I took them all out and put them above ground. Much better !!!!!!!!!

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Awesome

I am actually looking for the ones without cords. Batteries operated to be exact (I think).

Yeah, if my pond is like most everyone else rocks and glasses on the ground. Not raised wooden pond like mine, I would definitely go for putting lights around the edge of the ponds. I can hide the lights behinds the plants and others things.
      -=[Sunny]=-

CharlieQ is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

That item ur describing does not exist

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Awesome

Something similar exist, but it's not what I am looking for. I know this submersible lights on Amazon is not the same thing as what I am looking for. It's for swimming pool, but if I can't find it.
      -=[Sunny]=-

NaturalK is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Are you planning to fish it out every week to change battery?
      I have a fully wooden raised pond too, and the pond is even under a roof but I wouldn't want to have to fish lights out every week.

coolwon is offline Senior Member
      is Garfield is my name DIY is my
      game

Feeling:
      Cool

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldDragon View Post
      I needs to find a submersible lights with remote control to put into my Koi Pond for night/evening viewing. Since my pond is a wooden raised pond built with 2x6 and 2x8, and the surrounding are congregate. It is hard to affix anything like lighting to it. It usually will falls off after a certain amount of time.

I knows that I can affix the light to the pond top counter areas, but it will not look good. I am trying not to have anything on top that does not look like they belong there.

Anyone has good experiences with submersible lights with remote control? Any recommendations would be great.

Is your pond water GIN or VODKA clean?

The rays of the light, cutting through the suspension from a side mount, will not be a pretty sight.

LED flood lights of different low wattage's 10,20,30 watt have hit our shores.(China of course)

I fitted a 20 watt flood on my verandah,very powerful with a big bright coverage.

The light is emitted from a rectangle of many yellow diodes mounted in the center of the polished reflector.

Makes standard model light globes/tubes history.

Consider one directly and squarely mounted above your pond on a sky hook.

It will bring those patterns and colors out like they should be seen, standing above the water.
      Find more about Weather in Durban, ZA

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Awesome

It's pretty clear, but I am not sure if it is GIN or VODKA clean.

Thanks for the advice. Not sure if I can do that.

I might go with another alternative and mount the lights on the deck and used rocks to hides cables. Not sure yet thou.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwon View Post
      Is your pond water GIN or VODKA clean?

The rays of the light, cutting through the suspension from a side mount, will not be a pretty sight.

LED flood lights of different low wattage's 10,20,30 watt have hit our shores.(China of course)

I fitted a 20 watt flood on my verandah,very powerful with a big bright coverage.

The light is emitted from a rectangle of many yellow diodes mounted in the center of the polished reflector.

Makes standard model light globes/tubes history.

Consider one directly and squarely mounted above your pond on a sky hook.

It will bring those patterns and colors out like they should be seen, standing above the water.
      -=[Sunny]=-