• Tired
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Koi Pond 6400

Primitive is online now Senior Member
      is House remodeling

Feeling:
      Geeky

Quote Originally Posted by coolwon View Post
      Are you familiar what effect a column of air from the bottom of your pond has on the water that your fish thrive in with it.

A fountain of water from your water pump placed at the bottom of the pond, could compensate for the air pump.
      For the same wattage I think a pump to move water is better at the bottom of the pond than an air pump. Although I did use a medo 80L pump without an air diffuser and that also created a tremendous amount of water movement, but it was also loud since u can't submerged it.

coolwon is offline Senior Member
      is Garfield is my name DIY is my
      game

Feeling:
      Cool

Its about all the stale water, brought up by the column of bubbles rolling over on the surface and interfacing with the oxygen in the air, dissolving back into the water to replenish what's been used up by the pond

inhabitants.
      Find more about Weather in Durban, ZA

REVIV is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Pond is looking good!
      I am building a similar size pond and have a couple questions about your BD air...

1. What size pump are you using?
      2. Are you sharing one pump for both BDs and is so how difficult is is to get them balanced one you turn off the air?

I like the circulation created by the BD air, but I do not want a boil to obscure my view. I was thinking to use a timer to turn off the air during prime viewing times, but Bill at Cascade advised that if you share a pump, it can take some tweaking each time the pump turns on to get both air diffusers balanced. I haven't bought my pump (or pumps) yet so any input to a getting a good flow and not a boil would be appreciated. Right now, I am leaning toward separate pumps and splitting each with a smaller line to quarantine tank and another pond.

My pond is 4.5' deep, ~13x19' extended octagon - pic below.
      Name:  ready for winter.PNG
Views: 35
Size:  559.0 KB

red_pdx is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by REVIV View Post
      Pond is looking good!
      I am building a similar size pond and have a couple questions about your BD air...

1. What size pump are you using?
      2. Are you sharing one pump for both BDs and is so how difficult is is to get them balanced one you turn off the air?

I like the circulation created by the BD air, but I do not want a boil to obscure my view. I was thinking to use a timer to turn off the air during prime viewing times, but Bill at Cascade advised that if you share a pump, it can take some tweaking each time the pump turns on to get both air diffusers balanced. I haven't bought my pump (or pumps) yet so any input to a getting a good flow and not a boil would be appreciated. Right now, I am leaning toward separate pumps and splitting each with a smaller line to quarantine tank and another pond.

My pond is 4.5' deep, ~13x19' extended octagon - pic below.
      Name:  ready for winter.PNG
Views: 35
Size:  559.0 KB
      Thanks! We have both BDs connected to our UltraSieve and 8000 GPH pump. I havenít tried to balance the air yet but bought a valve manifold from Matala and will mess with it more once we get the bead filter installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345