• Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: I have couple koi's scratching their self's inside my pond does blue methylene can tr

bossxxxl is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I have couple koi's scratching their self's inside my pond does blue methylene can tr

I have couple koi's scratching their self's inside my pond does blue methylene can treat this problem as fluke and costia problems parasites in general.

RichToyBox is offline Administrator ~
      Koi Health Care Committee Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Awesome

We like to start with numbers for test results for ammonia, nitrite, pH, KH, and temperature as it is much easier and cheaper to correct water issues than to treat for parasites. Ammonia burns the skin and gills and will cause fish to flash just like parasites. A low KH will result in large swings in pH from very basic in the evening to very acidic in the morning, again acid burns. The liquid drop tests are much better, easier to read, and more consistent than the dip strips. If you don't have the KH test, then test the pH early in the morning, before the sun has hit the pond, and late afternoon just before the sun stops hitting the pond to see what the pH swing is.

You have listed your location as "in the world" and that is a pretty vague description. Usually we can tell something about the weather (winter or summer) by the location. This is important information on recommendations for treatments.

As for your question, see https://koiorganisationinternational...methylene-blue

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

Zone 7 A/B
      Keep your words sweet. You never know when you may have to eat them.
      Richard

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I can't afford nitrate and nitrate ammonia tests not available here i just got ph tds and temperature and I got like 3 fishes shining like grey

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Morning ph 7.63 tempreture around 23 celsius. I put some blue methylene on the pond fish become more swimming better no clamped fins i already remove **** from buttom of the pond and add some water and put blue methylene water become blue the pond of 2000 leters of water do i need to change water again if the fish still itching from amonia ? Is it amonia problem ? Because last time i clean it like 2 weeks and **** collwcted again the button so i remove it and add some water do i have to do it again when **** get collected ?
      Last edited by bossxxxl; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:23 PM.

SimonW is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by bossxxxl View Post
      Morning ph 7.63 tempreture around 23 celsius. I put some blue methylene on the pond fish become more swimming better no clamped fins i already remove **** from buttom of the pond and add some water and put blue methylene water become blue the pond of 2000 leters of water do i need to change water again if the fish still itching from amonia ? Is it amonia problem ? Because last time i clean it like 2 weeks and **** collwcted again the button so i remove it and add some water do i have to do it again when **** get collected ?
      If you want to get effective help, you must be able to provide the relevant data to identify the problem, like the numbers Richard asked for.

And of course you also need to do scrapings and look at them under microscope to identify the parasites.

Without these your koi cannot get any effective help.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I want to know does blue methylene kill flukes and the other parasites costia?

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by bossxxxl View Post
      I want to know does blue methylene kill flukes and the other parasites costia?
      I have not used methylene blue, but according to some information on the Internet it will kill fluke and costia.

Please tell us how it has worked after you have tried, thanks!

RichToyBox is offline Administrator ~
      Koi Health Care Committee Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Awesome

The link that I provided stated it worked against almost all external parasites, so yes it takes care of flukes and others, but if it is put in your pond, it will kill the beneficial bacteria that convert the ammonia to nitrite and nitrite to nitrate, so you can expect ammonia levels to climb.

Again, you need to run the tests to know whether the problem is parasites or water quality issues. If there is a shop that sells aquarium supplies, they will have the test kits and they are much cheaper than koi.

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

Zone 7 A/B
      Keep your words sweet. You never know when you may have to eat them.
      Richard

icu2 is online now Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is playing on Koiphen

Feeling:
      Friendly

Malachite green and formalin is usually used for costia and most other parasites besides flukes.
      Skin and gill flukes are treated with flubendazole or praziquantel. I buy these pre mixed so I don't
      know the exact concentrations.

http://www.cascade-pond-supply.com/M...ENT-p-885.html

http://www.cascade-pond-supply.com/K...-M-p-1005.html
      --Steve

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I vacuumed the button of the bond and put blue methylene for the second day and koi feels no more scratching and no more fins clamped Here the koi more cheaper than the test kit koi 30 cm like 45 test kit 60 ������ and it's not available i put blue methylene in the pond i feel the fish feels better no more scratches is that a sign of parasites or amonia or both ����
      i feel some sick small fish no more sick have like grey body color like huminity or so whatt does that means ? I don't even feed my koi they are eating algea so no idea why ammonia rise if but always remove algea fish poops i vaccumed every time i change water

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

And i want to know how many days i should leave the blue methylene than i should change water ?

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Methylene blue is a powerful dye and will adhere to various biomolecules. Therefore no organism can become immune to it, so I would just wait and see, and apply it if the parasites come back.

But read Richardīs post (#8) and be aware that it also kills your bio-filter.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I add salt like 2 kilos for 2000 liters and 2 botlles of blue methylene the fish no more itching and no more clamped gills or fins so far .the treatment going for like 2 days now