• Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: any experts here knows dosage of Baytril to make medicated food for koi?????

Elsonkoi is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

any experts here knows dosage of Baytril to make medicated food for koi?????

the local store here has 10% and 5% options in 1 L bottle. its an expensive medicine !!

icu2 is online now Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is playing on Koiphen

Feeling:
      Friendly

https://www.koiphen.com/forums/showt...ive-Discussion
      Go to Part 19...

Here's a chart that you'll find at that link too:

Koi length(inches)----5% Baytril-----Naxcel----Nuflor-----Cefotan-----Azactam

4"-----------------------0.1-------------0.2-------0.2---------0.2---------.08
      8"-----------------------0.2-------------0.5-------0.5---------0.5---------.15
      12"----------------------0.3-------------0.9-------0.9---------0.9---------.2
      14"----------------------0.5-------------1.0-------1.0---------1.0---------.4
      16"----------------------0.6-------------1.3-------1.3---------1.3---------.5
      18"----------------------0.8-------------1.6-------1.6---------1.6---------.6
      20"----------------------0.9-------------1.7-------1.7---------1.7---------.8
      22"----------------------1.0-------------1.9-------1.9---------1.9---------.9
      24"----------------------1.2-------------2.2-------2.2---------2.2--------1.0
      26"----------------------1.3-------------2.4-------2.4---------2.4--------1.1
      28"----------------------1.5-------------2.8-------2.8---------2.8--------1.3
      30"----------------------1.7-------------3.2-------3.2---------3.2--------1.5
      --Steve

Control your own destiny or someone else will.

---Jack Welch

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Thanks for your input Steve, i want to make medicated food for my whole stock. some will eat more some will eat less, that's the only concerned i have based on the chart you sent.

icu2 is online now Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is playing on Koiphen

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Elsonkoi View Post
      Thanks for your input Steve, i want to make medicated food for my whole stock. some will eat more some will eat less, that's the only concerned i have based on the chart you sent.
      My bad... I misread the post.
      --Steve

Control your own destiny or someone else will.

---Jack Welch

RichToyBox is online now Administrator ~
      Koi Health Care Committee Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Awesome

I am not sure how to make Baytril in food. I have always seen it as an injectible. Past threads on antibiotic food have had people discourage its use as most fish that need antibiotics tend to be off their feed so they don't necessarily get enough antibiotic to do them any good. I would encourage giving injections to the fish that need it and not feeding all fish and potentially killing filters with unneeded/uneaten antibiotics.

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

Zone 7 A/B
      Keep your words sweet. You never know when you may have to eat them.
      Richard

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by RichToyBox View Post
      I am not sure how to make Baytril in food. I have always seen it as an injectible. Past threads on antibiotic food have had people discourage its use as most fish that need antibiotics tend to be off their feed so they don't necessarily get enough antibiotic to do them any good. I would encourage giving injections to the fish that need it and not feeding all fish and potentially killing filters with unneeded/uneaten antibiotics.
      Hi Richard. i always clean remaining food if they don finish them in 5 mins when i do dosage of medication. injection is kinda hard no ?

RichToyBox is online now Administrator ~
      Koi Health Care Committee Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Awesome

First time is daunting, second time not so much and by the third time it is old hat. The fish needs to be sedated to keep the fish from hurting itself, then the appropriate dosage drawn up based on measured length. Insert the needle under one of the ventral fins (arm pit has no scales) aimed toward the mouth, inject and remove needle. Place fish in clean water to await wakening and then put back in the pond. You will have plenty of time for the procedure without causing the fish any harm, so get organized, take your time and after the first treatment, you will be a pro.

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

Zone 7 A/B
      Keep your words sweet. You never know when you may have to eat them.
      Richard

KOIAnon is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I use ciprofloxacin tablets (much cheaper) and just turn them to powder using a mortar and pestle which I then add to gel food. Once the gel cures it's locked in and doesn't taste bad.

This includes doses for birds unless otherwise specified.

Name:  2020-10-27 14_23_05-dosing.xlsx - Excel.png
Views: 21
Size:  21.8 KB