• Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: Flubendazole, Praziquantel, Salt

LobsterOfJustice is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Flubendazole, Praziquantel, Salt

My main question is, can you use flubendazole and praziquantel at the same time? Would this be a more complete and effective treatment for flukes? If not, I may just try them back to back, but doing at the same time might hit the flukes twice as hard and would save some time, and I assume would not be any harder on the fish as they are different active ingredients.

As a side note, I will be dosing both of these with 0.1% salt in the water, as I recently used salt to confirm my volume. Iím pretty sure salt is fine with both of these medications as I have used them in saltwater aquariums but figured I would mention it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russell Peters is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Why do both? They do the same thing. All you need to do is double your dose of one of them. The dose is 10 grams per thousand gallons and I used to do 20 grams per thousand gallons. The problem is the Koi have to invest it to be affective so, if they don’t ingest it, it won’t work at any dose. This is why I switched to FlukeM as they do not have to invest it for it to work.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

LobsterOfJustice is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Iíve just been dealing with what Iím pretty sure are flukes for a few months now and it seems to get better but not really go away, so Iím just trying to really nuke them and be done with it. I did two doses of the prazi earlier this season but despite shaking the heck out of it, I donít think it all went into solution and much of it ended up in the sieve, so I may have under dosed them. I also recently confirmed the volume of my pond because I thought I may have underestimated my volume as well but that turned out to be spot on.

So youíre saying I can safely 2x the dose strength of either of these medications?

icu2 is online now Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is is old and cranky

Feeling:
      Friendly

Try mixing it with a little vodka too. The alcohol seems to make it dissolve better.
      --Steve

Control your own destiny or someone else will.

---Jack Welch

Russell Peters is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterOfJustice View Post
      Iíve just been dealing with what Iím pretty sure are flukes for a few months now and it seems to get better but not really go away, so Iím just trying to really nuke them and be done with it. I did two doses of the prazi earlier this season but despite shaking the heck out of it, I donít think it all went into solution and much of it ended up in the sieve, so I may have under dosed them. I also recently confirmed the volume of my pond because I thought I may have underestimated my volume as well but that turned out to be spot on.

So youíre saying I can safely 2x the dose strength of either of these medications?

Yes, I did it for years with thousands and thousands of Koi

BTW, another reason meds don't work for people, besides not knowing their pond volume, is that the ponds are dirtier than you know. Dissolved organics absorb the meds rendering them useless.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better