• Tired
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zakki Sieve Alternatives

fatsachs is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Zakki Sieve Alternatives

Hello all- I've been unable to get in touch with Zac over the last 4-5 months to purchase his large sieve. The way my pond is designed, the easiest modification for mechanical filtration would be a pre pump filter.

My current setup- The pond exit line goes over the liner (with check valve in pond) directly to the pump, then to a modified pool filter with plastic media, then to UV and back to pond. My filter isn't able to keep up with smaller debris.

I'm wondering if there are any DIY Zakki-type pre pump filters? Or anything on the market I'm unaware of? Another thought of mine was to somehow make a pressurized sand and gravel filter, but I'm thinking that would not work.

Does anyone have any thoughts? My only alternative at this point is to cut into the liner and make it a gravity based system that flows into a sieve, but my line is only 2", so I'm unsure if I would get enough flow out of that.

Thanks!

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Traitimkh8 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Build you 2-3 Birdman’ sand filter depends on your pump and pond size and place it after your pool filter. That’ll help.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Thanks for the reply. I have no doubt that will help tremendously. The problem is my pump and current setup is down hill, and getting the birdman out of view, and be higher than the pond level is quite some distance from the pump.

icu2 is offline Administrator ~ WWKC President
      ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is sorry otters exist

Feeling:
      Annoyed

I know I saw someone build a suction sieve recently but I'll be danged if I can find it now....
      But I also remember reading the thread and knew the level of craftsmanship the person had was well beyond
      anything I could accomplish.

Edit: Found it!
      Read the whole thread... it's terrific and shows a lot of skill.

https://www.koiphen.com/forums/showt...96#post2687296
      --Steve

Koiphen 2021 Koi Person of the Year!

catfish whiskers is offline Supporting Member ~ WWKC President
      is Looking forward to a better
      year

Feeling:
      Friendly

Zac is building an upgraded version of His sieves right now , try Him again .

https://www.facebook.com/38532963829...2252459936841/

It will be worth the wait especially with the upgrades .

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by icu2 View Post
      I know I saw someone build a suction sieve recently but I'll be danged if I can find it now....
      But I also remember reading the thread and knew the level of craftsmanship the person had was well beyond
      anything I could accomplish.

Edit: Found it!
      Read the whole thread... it's terrific and shows a lot of skill.

https://www.koiphen.com/forums/showt...96#post2687296
      Oh nice! That is indeed some craftsmanship there! It may be a bit beyond my skill level, but definitely something to consider.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by catfish whiskers View Post
      Zac is building an upgraded version of His sieves right now , try Him again .

https://www.facebook.com/38532963829...2252459936841/

It will be worth the wait especially with the upgrades .
      That's great news! I feel bad about harassing him further after a number of emails and voicemails, but it appears he's been busy making that amazing, updated filter! That's exactly what I need...

RustedBucket is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Zac just launched an updated version of the Sieve. He is very hard to get ahold of, as he's been down fabrication help and is backed up. I have to email him a couple times to get a response but he does respond. I've found the best way is email and best times are first thing in the morning.

Zac Penn is offline Supporting Member
      is the owner of Deepwater Koi
      Innovations

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by RustedBucket View Post
      Zac just launched an updated version of the Sieve. He is very hard to get ahold of, as he's been down fabrication help and is backed up. I have to email him a couple times to get a response but he does respond. I've found the best way is email and best times are first thing in the morning.
      Don't you go giving away my secrets!!!!!!!

Yes I am VERRRRRYYYYYYYY hard to get in touch with. I have over 2k unread emails right now I need to get through and I don't have the time to deal with it at the moment. I know that is making people frustrated but I have customers that paid for their filters over 7 months ago that are still waiting on me to get them their updated sieves. If i spent the time to look over new customer e-mails right now i would be delaying their filters even more. Please be patient with me as I deal with a lack of fabrication help and all sorts of other issues. Once I am back to full steam I will be much easier to get ahold of and I will reply in a timely manner.
      Zac Penn.... Please sign-up for our MAILING LIST HERE
      904-294-2231
      Zac@DeepwaterKoi.com
      www.DeepwaterKoi.com

stevek is online now Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Penn View Post
      Don't you go giving away my secrets!!!!!!!

Yes I am VERRRRRYYYYYYYY hard to get in touch with. I have over 2k unread emails right now I need to get through and I don't have the time to deal with it at the moment. I know that is making people frustrated but I have customers that paid for their filters over 7 months ago that are still waiting on me to get them their updated sieves. If i spent the time to look over new customer e-mails right now i would be delaying their filters even more. Please be patient with me as I deal with a lack of fabrication help and all sorts of other issues. Once I am back to full steam I will be much easier to get ahold of and I will reply in a timely manner.
      Zac- you need to go on Shark Tank and raise some capital so that you can expand your manufacturing capability . You have fantastic products, which everybody loves, they work great, last forever, but it seems you are always backed up and behind in your production capability. Got to be a better way !

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

LTHYNE is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I know he had some family things with parents and out of the office the past week...I was able to talk to him a few weeks ago and he mentioned he hired a new helper to assist with his work load..give him another call......his workmanship is top notch.....pretty sure 90 percent of my pond says built by zac :-)

cottagefog is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I have two Zakki's, and he responded to my issue via email within 24 hours. So thanks to him. I wish I lived closer, I would retire and start working for him!

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Has anyone heard from Zac recently? My last correspondence was from November saying the sieve should ship that next week, but that was the last conversation. I hope everything is ok with him.

Smittyskoi is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

He replied to one of my emails about two weeks ago. So he is still kicking.

stevek is online now Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I still don't understand it....he has been backed up in orders for several years now. He has a successful product which has received universal positive reviews, but sounds like he needs more skilled help to match supply with demand. I wasn't kidding about Shark Tank assistance, but I guess a Sieve would not have the kind of mass market appeal needed to get TV ratings. Cottage Fog, please consider a move to sunny Florida and help him out. Got to be a lot warmer in Jacksonville than in Illinois !

Nguyen365 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Zac sells those Draco rdf might as well upgrade to those no need to rinse the sieves anymore imo

batman is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Not sure about the Draco drum status. Zero Draco info on company web and FB sites. No active push to sell product.
      Last edited by batman; 03-06-2021 at 10:54 PM.
      The real Batman wears polyester! Don't be fooled by the plastic imposter.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Anyone hear from Zac lately? Order was placed back in Aug of last year. Sporadic communication the whole time, but nothing at all recently. I knew it would be a wait, but this is pretty extreme. I do hope he is ok.

I just don't know any other avenue on how to get in touch with him. Most of our communication is through FB messenger.

RustedBucket is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by fatsachs View Post
      Anyone hear from Zac lately? Order was placed back in Aug of last year. Sporadic communication the whole time, but nothing at all recently. I knew it would be a wait, but this is pretty extreme. I do hope he is ok.

I just don't know any other avenue on how to get in touch with him. Most of our communication is through FB messenger.
      Go to his website and get his email. You just about have to spam him but he does answer email. It's just him and he is way behind from COVID and some family things he's had to deal with.

Paultergeist is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by fatsachs View Post

A ten-month wait (thus far) does indeed seem pretty extreme. It may be time to consider some other pre-filter options, and ask your bank if any deposit paid can be refunded.

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast