• Tired

Thread: Ich, Proform C

Crazyshot97 is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Ich, Proform C

Hey,

After some research it seems like proform C is the preferred ich treatment of many. With the rising spring temperatures, I am having an ich outbreak in a new pond with sarassa, shubunkin and comet goldfish as well as 2 small koi. I seem to have caught the infection fairly early, as only two fish appear to have spots.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with proform c treating ich. I have an elephant ear and hardy water lily in the pond, will it be necessary to remove those plants during treatment? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I couldnít find any meds locally and had to resort to eBay. The shipping estimate is within the next week, Iím hoping that the water temperature is still low enough to allow the fish to last that long before treating (60-75 degrees)

RichToyBox is offline Administrator ~
      Koi Health Care Committee Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Awesome

Yes, Proform C would be the treatment of choice for all of the microscopic parasites except flukes. You do not need to remove plants during treatment.

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

Zone 7 A/B
      Keep your words sweet. You never know when you may have to eat them.
      Richard

Rich8888ri is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I just want to add that koi pox can be mistaken for ich. Its also white but its much bigger. Koi pox cannot be cured. Its brought out in this time of year as the pond temps change. You can Google images of it to see if its similar to what you have. If its ich it will go away with treatment. If it doesn't then its probably koi pox (which will go away on its own when the water temp warms up).

Crazyshot97 is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Yes I’ve read up on that a bit. I have a lot of experience with aquariums though and pretty quickly identified it as ich, tiny grains of salt on the fins mostly. Appreciate the advice