• Tired

Thread: Attaching Liner to BF1000

Teer912 is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Attaching Liner to BF1000

Hi all,

First of all, i would like to say hi to everyone. Iím new to this forum. Recently started getting into the hobby. Before i found out about koiphen, iíve been watching a few videos on youtube on how to build a pond and recently started doing so. However, i, without enough researching, have order a filterfall BF1000 and struggling with how to attach the liner to it, since it doesnít have a faceplate. It only comes with a flanger. Does anyone have experience working with this filterfall before? If u do, how do u attach the liner to it? Do u have to drill holes onto the filter? If i need to return it, what other suggestions do u guys have? Any help and advices are appreciated. Here are the pictures of the filter for reference, thank you in advance!!
      Name:  0A405EAC-16CF-4622-961E-1C90F4B9751B.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  60.9 KB
      Name:  4DC1D008-A622-4ECB-94ED-4BD064239C36.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  71.4 KB
      Last edited by Teer912; 08-22-2020 at 04:10 PM.

icu2 is online now Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is is old and cranky

Feeling:
      Friendly

Welcome and thanks for joining Koiphen!

These really can't handle much of a fish load and probably are best suited for a small goldfish pond.
      What type of pond do you want? How much water are you filtering? Member's here might be able to
      help you avoid costly errors if you can give us more about your whole plan.

Good luck and enjoy the forum!

Edit:
      I removed my earlier comment because most videos I've found shows them attaching the liner but I'm
      not sure how they're doing it yours doesn't have holes. I'd contact who you bought it from for sure. Here's another
      that looks like it's an actual Biofalls filter but doesn't show much:

I found this video too which shows an install of a different biofall filter design which might help, but I'd hesitate
      drilling holes in yours if it didn't say to or like you said, returning might be impossible:

--Steve

Control your own destiny or someone else will.

---Jack Welch

danzcool is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Benicia, CA, still on the bay so that it cools off nightly but far enough from the coast to be nice.
      I believe it is designed to drop the water into the pond over a waterfall... the triangle drip lines underneath the lip keep water from traveling back to the body. If you really want to attach the liner to it you could use some of the liner tape used to connect 2 liners together or patch holes, I htink they even have double sided tape. But it's not necessary to attach the liner to the falls container.
      Koiphen member since 05-13-2004
      This one time, at band camp....

Teer912 is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Thank you for responding, i’ve only planned to build a small goldfish pond, looking to have some shubunkins and comets. I thought about having maybe 1 koi but with the size 6x4.5x3 and about 500 gallon, that’s maybe too tight for the koi. So i prob keep it strictly goldfish.

Quote Originally Posted by danzcool View Post
      I believe it is designed to drop the water into the pond over a waterfall... the triangle drip lines underneath the lip keep water from traveling back to the body. If you really want to attach the liner to it you could use some of the liner tape used to connect 2 liners together or patch holes, I htink they even have double sided tape. But it's not necessary to attach the liner to the falls container.
      Thank you. I’m just worry the water might be travelling back n causing a leak. Do u think superglue would work?

danzcool is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Benicia, CA, still on the bay so that it cools off nightly but far enough from the coast to be nice.
      I wouldn't use superglue. the double sided seem tape would be the easy solution... something like https://www.amazon.com/Tite-Seal-PLS...S9CG1Y556Z6YBX

otherwise I would get a piece of aluminum flat bar and a few stainless steel bolts and locknuts and some polyurethane roof and flashing sealant, the aluminum bar would go on the bottom side and sandwich the liner and sealant with the lip. you would need to drill holes through it all and put the bolts down through the holes and fasten them with the locknuts from the bottom,, apply more of the sealant to the bolts and holes before placing them.

The double sided tape would be easier, and would not put additional holes in the liner and lip.
      Koiphen member since 05-13-2004
      This one time, at band camp....