• Tired
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pond redo bond beam

FishAddict12 is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by icu2 View Post
      Yes, just less dirt to move and a narrower path to dig.

Good Idea. I think that is the same as a trenching shovel. I'll definetly use one of those since I have to go under 5ft of concrete at 5ft deep I started digging out the inside of my bond beam and took one step forward then a giant step back..I ran into my main water line just inside the pond from my bond beam. The only options I could think of is to make a wall on the inide of the pond and fill it with sand around the pipe or do a new trench and water line around the outside of the bond beam. I decided to go with a new water line outside the bond beam so that new trench took the whole day and I'm still need to tunnel under a sidewalk. While it's great to have the pond as a feature when someone comes to the house being so close to the utilities is a real challenge.
      Attached Images Attached Images   

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Crazy

I got my main water line rerouted and removed from the pond area. It set me back a few days, but I finally got some digging in last night and today, and got my first TPR installed. I have it at 3ft deep now and I'm going for 4ft straight down from the bond beam. I'm trying to decide how deep my 4 inch Rhino II bottom drain needs to be compared to the sides? I'm thinking at least 54 inches? or possibly 5ft? The dimensions inside the bond beam are 12 ft x 8 ft. Thanks in advance for any tips at this stage. I'm really thankfull for the feedback many of you have given me during this project.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Crazy

Another day of digging and I'm at 4ft on the edges and 5ft in the middle. I think I'm going to try and get my bottom drain trench done now and the BD set at the 5ft level I want then finish grading to the drain. Any issues with doing it this way? It's been a lot of dirt to move with 5 gallon buckets as the area is too small to get any equipment in.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Crazy

I installed the bottom drain today and set it in a concrete anchor. The gray electrical sweeps are so big I donít think Iíll be able to use it on my top sweep. Should I use a long 90 sweep ABS 4 inch or do they make a long 90 sweep 4 inch in white schedule 40 pvc?

icu2 is offline Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is is old and cranky

Feeling:
      Friendly

I just used ABS but they do make them in white pvc too but my HD and Lowe's doesn't carry them.
      Be sure to use a transition glue that will work for both ABS and PVC if you use a combination.
      --Steve

In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave,
      and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him,
      for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

---Mark Twain

Grumpy is offline Senior Member
      is Retired with SO much yet to
      learn

Feeling:
      Annoyed

There are PVC electric sweeps with varying radius curves. You would need to go to an electric supply house probably.

https://www.platt.com/platt-electric...D=51&CatID=292

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Crazy

found the long 90 in PVC at my local Lowe’s. I’m hoping that my use of the low pressure fittings such as the 4 inch electrical conduit doesn’t keep me from being able to use a product like a Zakki Sieve. I’m not really sure what effect the “vacuum” has on the inlet to a Sieve. I would think the pressure is still very low?

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      Crazy

Angry

Roughed in the remote skimmer and what Russell Water Gardens calls their HydroSieve that I got a few years ago which I'm told is a really expensive leaf basket lol...Anyway it will have to work for now until I figure out what other Sieve products will work in my application. It is a 4 inch input from the Rhino II (4 inch ball valve arrives tomorrow) and I'm going to run 3" out to the pump (to hopefully give me more options for upgrading). I think I will be able to adapt it later to something like a Zakki Sieve or other Sieve that will work with a pump. I suppose the other option I have is to put a pit next to my remote station and install a gravity sieve. Would a gravity Sieve work with 40 ft from the pond?

icu2 is offline Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is is old and cranky

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by FishAddict12 View Post
      Roughed in the remote skimmer and what Russell Water Gardens calls their HydroSieve that I got a few years ago which I'm told is a really expensive leaf basket lol...Anyway it will have to work for now until I figure out what other Sieve products will work in my application. It is a 4 inch input from the Rhino II (4 inch ball valve arrives tomorrow) and I'm going to run 3" out to the pump (to hopefully give me more options for upgrading). I think I will be able to adapt it later to something like a Zakki Sieve or other Sieve that will work with a pump. I suppose the other option I have is to put a pit next to my remote station and install a gravity sieve. Would a gravity Sieve work with 40 ft from the pond?
      Yes, it should work fine. I remember visiting birdman's ponds and he used two Cetus sieves that were at least 40' and
      maybe more from the pond.
      --Steve

In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave,
      and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him,
      for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

---Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12