• Tired
  • Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Rotary drum filter under $2000 listed on EBAY

kimini is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmover View Post
      ...Root cause for the blown fuse was temperature. There was one day that mu filter pit dropped below freezing, resulting in the supply line for the rinse pump freezing. Causing rinse pump to run until fuze blew....
      A properly-sized fuse only handles overload conditions, so the pump should have continued running. Causes of the fuse blowing may include: Someone at the factory putting in one too small (too low a current), poor controller design, something jammed the pump (ice jamming the impeller), or the pump momentarily shorting (unlikely).

And FWIW, a "fuze" is what sets off a bomb
      Last edited by kimini; 03-21-2021 at 04:41 PM.

headman is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Nuspeed007 View Post
      They carry 20/40 watt submersible UV light ($200/300).
      https://aqua.studio/product/mountain...uv-sterilizer/
      I did receive an email from aqua studio about the UV ... they donít come with one. I asked if there is a area to install one or if we need to make one ourselves.... waiting for a reply back
      Last edited by headman; 03-21-2021 at 05:25 PM.

headman is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

We could drop one of these in if they are any good. I currently have a UV piped in my setup but I guess to keep the drum clean one of these would work
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by headman; 03-21-2021 at 05:41 PM.

Nuspeed007 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by headman View Post
      I did receive an email from aqua studio about the UV ... they don’t come with one. I asked if there is a area to install one or if we need to make one ourselves.... waiting for a reply back
      I remove all the plastic part bin from the RDF in and throw a 54W UV in there, other places it on the clean side to keep the screen algae free. Make sure it is anchored securely, don't allow it to get wrapped up with the drum moving part. Enjoy your RDF, please shelter it well.

QueensKoi is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Hi, i ordered one two weeks ago using my HSBC credit card (no foreign transition fee which Amex has)also you may have to inform your card company as to large transaction. Alpha-exclusive customer service via live chat is very good, anyway they had a backlog of the units main shaft which they said should be coming at the end of the week,it did and they shipped out the unit via DHL on Wednesday, tracking shows it here in New York this morning and it should arrive at my address sometime this afternoon. Will post update once i open it this weekend.

cvostmyer is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I agree about their chat help, other communications are limited. Didn't get any email when it shipped, only from DHL. A second was shipped, and then both were redirected to other addresses. Chat was able to sort it all out once it was morning there, but I did have to redirect the shipment back to my address once they clarified which item was mine.

My advice would be to sign up with DHL to get updates on the shipment once you get you the tracking number. That's what notified me that the package was redirected to NY.

QueensKoi, was there a customs fee on the shipment? The second shipment notified me that there was a ~$65 tax, but I haven't seen it on mine. It may not have been processed in US yet. It should be delivered Monday.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Yes, unfortunately i did not realize that DHL had sent me an e mail at 5 am letting me know that they had paid a $62 duty payment on my behalf, only saw the e-mail at 2:30 pm and then paid it through a link in the same e-mail, but by then it was to late for the delivery today so it's scheduled to be delivered on Monday. Also you have 5 days to pay the duty or it gets returned.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

cvostmyer, there was a mix up between my tracking # and someone else's shipment to Minnesota, it's quite possible that it was yours. Is your tracking #266759963 i left out a number. The actual customs duty was $63.56

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Yep, that was my tracking number. Was that yours as well?

Billy is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by headman View Post
      We could drop one of these in if they are any good. I currently have a UV piped in my setup but I guess to keep the drum clean one of these would work
      I have them in my rdf's

Other Sites Sale prices are our everyday prices.
      Vice President Oregon Koi and Watergarden Society

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Well at first that was the number they sent and after waiting 3 days there was no movement on tracking, so i contacted DHL and was told the tracking number did not correspond with my information, l then contacted Aqua-Exclusive and they corrected the mix up and sent me the true tracking number for my delivery. How ironic that we meet on Koiphen, at first I wasn't going to join but then said what the heck, there's members who wanted to know if the RDF site was legit, so here i am.

NaturalK is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by cvostmyer View Post
      Yep, that was my tracking number. Was that yours as well?
      I got a tracking number for Minnesota, too. Seems like you got it delivered today.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Yep, got mine this morning. No movement yesterday, all of a sudden they posted it was "out for delivery", and it was then here. There was a hole in one side, but it looks like it missed everything. I unpacked it quickly and inspected it. We'll see how far I get on instillation this weekend.

I think they created all the shipping labels at the same time a week before they actually had them ready for pickup, then sent out a bunch at the same time and messed up the orders.

NaturalK is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by cvostmyer View Post
      Yep, got mine this morning. No movement yesterday, all of a sudden they posted it was "out for delivery", and it was then here. There was a hole in one side, but it looks like it missed everything. I unpacked it quickly and inspected it. We'll see how far I get on instillation this weekend.

I think they created all the shipping labels at the same time a week before they actually had them ready for pickup, then sent out a bunch at the same time and messed up the orders.
      I might or might not have to do with why it's delivered today and not yesterday. It was texted to my phone and I had to be out yesterday so I rescheduled it to today, didn't know it was your package, of course.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

No, the driver said he had it on his truck but got stuck in Rochester (a little out of the way as I live ten minutes from the DHL hub at the airport) and didn't get back until after 9:00 PM.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I had to go collect mine at the dhl hub near JFK which is 15 mins from where I live because they did update Monday as the delivery date and as a result it was not on the truck for delivery, anyway inspected the crate and it was good got it home and opened it, seems every thing is in there and in great condition

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Did NOT update Monday

SocialWilliam is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I bought this and received the filter. It was in great condition though the shipping was 3weeks late as published (5days to Canada). I'm trying to set up in my basement/indoors with 2 IBC tanks as my "pond". Can anyone share pictures of their up? Manual was not that helpful.. I saw some pictures in the thread but need more details/angles. Thanks!

SocialWilliam is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by batman View Post
      Only a few RDFs have a failsafe built into the controls for over cycling due to stuck/malfunctioning switches. This seems to be a very common issue with all RDF makes. If I get one of these I'll eliminate the control box and switches and just run off a straight timed cycle. Put pond on autofill and count water used as weekly water change. Need to check voltages of motors first.
      Seems like a good solution. I have mine setup in my basement and my "dirty water container" overflowed and flooded my basement because of over cycling.. The only thing is if this could handle the pump..

icu2 is online now Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is playing on Koiphen

Feeling:
      Friendly

For late mod approval
      --Steve

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast