• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Results 201 to 220 of 229

    Thread: Rotary drum filter under $2000 listed on EBAY

    1. #201
      NaturalK is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      348

      Stupid DHL

      I had to go and collect mine today after a week of waiting and 2 delivery scheduling that DHL wouldn't fulfill. Unit is fairly light and compact, the rinse pump itself is probably 1/3 of the box's weight. Mine came with a UV bulb so that's cool. Also took the recommendation to replace all the fuses so I replace all 3 to 15amp slow burning. The internal fuse was a nightmare to access. Only problem is I need a pump fed configuration so I'll have to remove the sensor somehow and drill into the drill new holes for the brackets where I want to relocate it to. I'm thinking of just forgetting that and do a timer for the rinse, just gotta find one that allow only 15-30 seconds turn on that can be repeated many times a day... Here's some pics.

      EDIT: I also asked for a High Flow Panel before shipping but I think it was too late so I got a standard one.

      2nd EDIT: I just realized now that it actually says HF 30 on the sticker.
      Attached Images Attached Images       
      Last edited by NaturalK; 04-26-2021 at 07:24 PM.

    2. #202
      wildwolfdisco is offline Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2020
      Location
      Southern California
      Posts
      90
      Quote Originally Posted by NaturalK View Post
      I had to go and collect mine today after a week of waiting and 2 delivery scheduling that DHL wouldn't fulfill. Unit is fairly light and compact, the rinse pump itself is probably 1/3 of the box's weight. Mine came with a UV bulb so that's cool. Also took the recommendation to replace all the fuses so I replace all 3 to 15amp slow burning. The internal fuse was a nightmare to access. Only problem is I need a pump fed configuration so I'll have to remove the sensor somehow and drill into the drill new holes for the brackets where I want to relocate it to. I'm thinking of just forgetting that and do a timer for the rinse, just gotta find one that allow only 15-30 seconds turn on that can be repeated many times a day... Here's some pics.

      EDIT: I also asked for a High Flow Panel before shipping but I think it was too late so I got a standard one.

      2nd EDIT: I just realized now that it actually says HF 30 on the sticker.
      Looks awesome, good luck with your system. And if possible give us a review and/or video of an update. I am interested in getting this for my pool set up later on.

      EDIT:

      This thread has like 10 pages of discussion but still the only footage of this thing running is a 30 sec video. Hopefully you could give us a more comprehensive video
      Last edited by wildwolfdisco; 04-26-2021 at 07:46 PM.

    3. #203
      Nuspeed007 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Location
      San Jose, CA
      Posts
      120
      Quote Originally Posted by NaturalK View Post
      I had to go and collect mine today after a week of waiting and 2 delivery scheduling that DHL wouldn't fulfill. Unit is fairly light and compact, the rinse pump itself is probably 1/3 of the box's weight. Mine came with a UV bulb so that's cool. Also took the recommendation to replace all the fuses so I replace all 3 to 15amp slow burning. The internal fuse was a nightmare to access. Only problem is I need a pump fed configuration so I'll have to remove the sensor somehow and drill into the drill new holes for the brackets where I want to relocate it to. I'm thinking of just forgetting that and do a timer for the rinse, just gotta find one that allow only 15-30 seconds turn on that can be repeated many times a day... Here's some pics.

      EDIT: I also asked for a High Flow Panel before shipping but I think it was too late so I got a standard one.

      2nd EDIT: I just realized now that it actually says HF 30 on the sticker.
      Suggestion for first time RDF installation: plumb the pond --> RDF-->Pump(s)-->Pond with simple fernco couplings and evaluate the fluid transfer dynamic for a week. That way you can adjust the pond water level, the RDF height, anticipate draw down for optimum & maximum flow. In case of something goes wrong the RDF can be removed. Once you establish the sweet spot then hard plumb the PVC piping.

    4. #204
      batman's Avatar
      batman is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      Gotham
      Posts
      1,245
      Since this thread has started 3 different drum opening slot sizes have been pictured. At one time available spare parts listed a standard and high flow screen with different drum slot sizes. Now only one is offered. Looking at factory photos as of today 2 different smaller slot sizes shown. Looks like large opening one has been dropped.

      At one time 70 and 120 micron screens were offered.

      First photo is from NaturalK's new unit.
      Attached Images Attached Images   
      Last edited by batman; 04-27-2021 at 10:05 AM.
      The real Batman wears polyester! Don't be fooled by the plastic imposter.

    5. #205
      NaturalK is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      348
      Quote Originally Posted by Nuspeed007 View Post
      Suggestion for first time RDF installation: plumb the pond --> RDF-->Pump(s)-->Pond with simple fernco couplings and evaluate the fluid transfer dynamic for a week. That way you can adjust the pond water level, the RDF height, anticipate draw down for optimum & maximum flow. In case of something goes wrong the RDF can be removed. Once you establish the sweet spot then hard plumb the PVC piping.
      I have to do pump-fed as my pond is wooden fully raised so I'm not going to try to drill through it. BD -> Periha 20k -> RDF -> Bio -> pond. I'm going to be using the coupling for now as I'm planning to move in a few years.

      EDIT:

      Does anyone know how much weight can a 55 gallons drum hold up vertically? I kind of want to put the RDF on top of the bio barrel and have the way go down into it from the bottom, then up and back into the pond. The RDF is maybe 50lbs, if that, plus maybe 150lbs at most of water sitting on top of a barrel filled with water.
      Last edited by NaturalK; 04-27-2021 at 11:28 PM.

    6. #206
      TuanP is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Camas, WA
      Posts
      212
      Hi NaturalK,

      I'm on the fence of getting the RDF, either this unit or SeaSide Eco-22. Is yours up and running?

    7. #207
      NaturalK is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      348
      Quote Originally Posted by TuanP View Post
      Hi NaturalK,

      I'm on the fence of getting the RDF, either this unit or SeaSide Eco-22. Is yours up and running?
      Hi Tuan,
      Yes mine is but it's setted up in a way that's terrible by design so I don't want to show it, lol. I can say it is working well. Obviously I can't say anything longevity as I've only had it running for a month. However, I do like it for my small pond. I opted out of using the control box and just put it on a timer instead. I also dont have the UV running because my pond gets only about 3 hours of sun a day. If your pond is running a pump with more than 6000gph and your pond is over 3000 ish, I'd get a bigger one.

      Seaside Eco 22 is not really comparable to this in price, honestly. If Eco-22 is in the budget, then put a FREE 20 rdf from BeyondKoi against it. Stainless steel made in vietnam. I'd get that over the Seaside if I wanted to spend $3k. BeyondKoi's owner is very responsive and there are replacement parts through him, from his words.
      Last edited by NaturalK; 05-27-2021 at 10:53 PM.

    8. #208
      batman's Avatar
      batman is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      Gotham
      Posts
      1,245
      Seaside has a reputation of quickly switching products. They don't manufacture and just put their brand on someone else's. Typically making future support more risky.
      The real Batman wears polyester! Don't be fooled by the plastic imposter.

    9. #209
      Fishmover is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2020
      Location
      indiana
      Posts
      389
      Quick update for those interested.
      Crazy rain resulted in flooding of filter pit, which resulted in the control Unit, Drum motor (half way flooded), and Rinse Pump to get flooded, twice. First time power was still running when water flooded the pit. I pulled the control unit out, opened it up, replaced fuses and air dried it. Connected it all back up the next day and worked like a champ.
      Then, super crazy rain again, Thought I had set enough precautions so that water would get pump out by the sump pump fast enough, but unfortunately the main pumps controller got wet and stopped, resulting in way too much water coming into the filter pit. Again, pulled the control unit, changed fused, air dry, runs like a champ again.

      My biggest concern with the RDF was always what if it floods. Now, I still have the worry, but so far it has been able to bounce back twice.

      Also for the record, my 3 Periha Pumps controllers got flooded as well. Took those apart, air dried, they also are back up and running again.


      Been ponding for a while, with lots of successes, and lots of failures.

    10. #210
      NaturalK is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      348
      I have mine running on a timer washing 6seconds every 6minutes since my pond is so overstocked and 3-4x turnover. Seems to do well even through all the rain and storm. Good thing is that I turn over 100 gallons a day so it works great for my water change, bad thing is I turn over 100gallons a day.
      Last edited by NaturalK; 07-07-2021 at 04:37 PM.

    11. #211
      Billy's Avatar
      Billy is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Oregon USA
      Posts
      9,002
      I've sold 6 of them with no complaints.

      Other Sites Sale prices are our everyday prices.
      Vice President Oregon Koi and Watergarden Society


    12. #212
      Kathy is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Hawi, Hawaii
      Posts
      106
      NaturalK--How did you set the rdf up on a timer? We may need to do this as our float switch keeps having issues causing the rdf to run constantly, and draining the pond. We have a shut off on the pump so it drains about 1/3 the pond.

    13. #213
      NaturalK is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      348
      Quote Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
      NaturalK--How did you set the rdf up on a timer? We may need to do this as our float switch keeps having issues causing the rdf to run constantly, and draining the pond. We have a shut off on the pump so it drains about 1/3 the pond.
      I'm using this timer outlet that lets you program down to the seconds. It's kind of complicated but just read the instruction to do so and make sure to find the one that uses seconds and minutes, not the minutes and hours. I just have a splitter plug into it then the pressure pump and drum motor.

      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    14. #214
      Kathy is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Hawi, Hawaii
      Posts
      106
      Quote Originally Posted by NaturalK View Post
      I'm using this timer outlet that lets you program down to the seconds. It's kind of complicated but just read the instruction to do so and make sure to find the one that uses seconds and minutes, not the minutes and hours. I just have a splitter plug into it then the pressure pump and drum motor.

      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      Thank you! I just ordered the timer and splitter plugs.

    15. #215
      NaturalK is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      348
      Anyone know about Koi's physical waste production? From about 9pm of the day previous to 2-3pm the next day, my drum filter can be ran at 10-15 mins interval before needing a rinse (up to 30mins in the early morning), but then after that it would clog up so fast. I even starve them the whole yesterday and my drum would clog/overflow as fast as within 4mins.
      Not trying to bring up topic regarding stocking, but does koi just absolutely dump all of their waste in the afternoon?

    16. #216
      icu2's Avatar
      icu2 is online now Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      ~ 2021 KPOTY
      is is growing tired of trolls
       
      Feeling:
      Meh
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Location
      Poulsbo, WA
      Posts
      33,159
      Quote Originally Posted by NaturalK View Post
      Anyone know about Koi's physical waste production? From about 9pm of the day previous to 2-3pm the next day, my drum filter can be ran at 10-15 mins interval before needing a rinse (up to 30mins in the early morning), but then after that it would clog up so fast. I even starve them the whole yesterday and my drum would clog/overflow as fast as within 4mins.
      Not trying to bring up topic regarding stocking, but does koi just absolutely dump all of their waste in the afternoon?
      Mine runs on a timer too but the only time I have to adjust it is if I stir up the stream which dumps more debris than
      normal in the pond, or I use low dose of PP. Those things cause the "off time" to be as low as 5 min. but I can change it back
      to the normal interval which is about 25 min. in about 24 hours. I don't see any change throughout a normal day though.
      Fwiw, 5 fish in 4k gallons, all 24+ inches. I was thinking of adding a couple of fish that are about 30" each for a total of 7 and
      it might be interesting to see if the time needs to be more frequent.
      --Steve
      ..WWKC Treasurer


    17. #217
      NaturalK is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      348
      Quote Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
      NaturalK--How did you set the rdf up on a timer? We may need to do this as our float switch keeps having issues causing the rdf to run constantly, and draining the pond. We have a shut off on the pump so it drains about 1/3 the pond.
      Have you watched your rdf's float switch malfunction? My rdf is getting overwhelmed and overflowing so easily in the afternoon to night that I have to put my timer down to 4 mins cycle. Your switch might be fine and it's the filter that is to small...
      Even on a day that I starve them, it would be fine in the morning and then creeps up around 3, and at 4 or 5 it would require 4mins wash for no reason. My pond is fully cover so there isnt much algae if at all
      Last edited by NaturalK; 07-24-2021 at 05:34 PM.

    18. #218
      Kathy is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Hawi, Hawaii
      Posts
      106
      We partially cleaned the screen and that helped. We actually used lemons and limes to clean since we have so many. It worked very well.

      The rdf float would get stuck in the lowest position so that the pump and drum ran constantly. I tried manually moving the float and got the spray pump to stop, but the drum would continue to run. With the timer, it's been flawless.

      We have the rdf on a 1700 gal pond with 300 gal anoxic filter. The pond is heavily stocked with 17 male red ear sliders about 5 to 7" long that are heavy waste producers, and lots of mosquito fish and toads. We also live in a windy area so grass and other debris are always blowing into the pond. To avoid the scutes plugging up the waste pipe, we set up a coarse matala pad in the original mechanical filter barrel (that the rdf replaced) to catch them. Before putting the rdf on the timer, it was running 10 seconds on, 5 minutes average off. We set the timer to reflect this and don't have any issues with overflow. Maybe try cleaning the screen?

      Thanks again for the info on the timer switch. It's helped us immensely!

    19. #219
      NaturalK is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      348
      Quote Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
      We partially cleaned the screen and that helped. We actually used lemons and limes to clean since we have so many. It worked very well.

      The rdf float would get stuck in the lowest position so that the pump and drum ran constantly. I tried manually moving the float and got the spray pump to stop, but the drum would continue to run. With the timer, it's been flawless.

      We have the rdf on a 1700 gal pond with 300 gal anoxic filter. The pond is heavily stocked with 17 male red ear sliders about 5 to 7" long that are heavy waste producers, and lots of mosquito fish and toads. We also live in a windy area so grass and other debris are always blowing into the pond. To avoid the scutes plugging up the waste pipe, we set up a coarse matala pad in the original mechanical filter barrel (that the rdf replaced) to catch them. Before putting the rdf on the timer, it was running 10 seconds on, 5 minutes average off. We set the timer to reflect this and don't have any issues with overflow. Maybe try cleaning the screen?

      Thanks again for the info on the timer switch. It's helped us immensely!
      Glad it helped you!
      My pond is super overcrowded so that's most likely why, haha. I havent turned on my uv light at all, maybe I should to reduce the bio film

    20. #220
      Quyle is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2021
      Location
      California
      Posts
      1
      Did you ordered this RDF on ebay or on website? Thank you!

    Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •