• Tired

Thread: Q on koi food

nmtsaki is offline Moderator ~ WWKC Secretary ~
      Koi Health Care Committee Member
      is doing OK

Feeling:
      Cool

Q on koi food

Hi, I have a quick question on Koi food. I usually purchase a no-name brand from the koifoodshack, because they have the large pellets and itís a food my fish like. That being said, nextdaykoi has blue ridge koi and goldfish food (large pellets) on sale, and what Iím buying essentially works out to the same price. I actually ended up with four more pounds of fish food from next day koi. Has anyone used this brand of fish food and is it considered a good fish food?

Oh, the last fish food I used was from a group buy we had on here and it was blackwater premium koi and goldfish food, large pellets, and the fish liked that as well. Guess my big fish arenít fussy, as long as I feed them, they will eat!

Iím going to check out other sites as well, but essentially, Iím looking for a good buy on large pellets, summer staple food.

If anyone knows of anything on sale, please let me know!

Thanks,

Nancy

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

Favorite Quotes:
      The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too. -- Samuel Butler.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. -- Edith Wharton.

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. -- Gilda Radner

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement. -- Snoopy

Russell Peters is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by nmtsaki View Post
      Hi, I have a quick question on Koi food. I usually purchase a no-name brand from the koifoodshack, because they have the large pellets and itís a food my fish like. That being said, nextdaykoi has blue ridge koi and goldfish food (large pellets) on sale, and what Iím buying essentially works out to the same price. I actually ended up with four more pounds of fish food from next day koi. Has anyone used this brand of fish food and is it considered a good fish food?

Oh, the last fish food I used was from a group buy we had on here and it was blackwater premium koi and goldfish food, large pellets, and the fish liked that as well. Guess my big fish arenít fussy, as long as I feed them, they will eat!

Iím going to check out other sites as well, but essentially, Iím looking for a good buy on large pellets, summer staple food.

If anyone knows of anything on sale, please let me know!

Thanks,

Nancy

I used Blue Ridge food for 6 years. I fed it to all of my Koi and I think it is an excellent food. The only reason I no longer use it is that I found something just as good for less.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

Hope J is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Mine don't seem to care for it all that much but to be fair, I think it's them, not the food. They don't even like Hikari, they want to live off of freeze dried brine shrimp cubes which ain't happening...

nmtsaki is offline Moderator ~ WWKC Secretary ~
      Koi Health Care Committee Member
      is doing OK

Feeling:
      Cool

Is the food you use large pellet? If so, can you tell me what you currently use? You probably get a better price though, because I would imagine you buy a much larger quantitthatn I use!

Thanks

—Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
      I used Blue Ridge food for 6 years. I fed it to all of my Koi and I think it is an excellent food. The only reason I no longer use it is that I found something just as good for less.

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

Favorite Quotes:
      The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too. -- Samuel Butler.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. -- Edith Wharton.

I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. -- Gilda Radner

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement. -- Snoopy

joe09 is offline Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by nmtsaki View Post
      Is the food you use large pellet? If so, can you tell me what you currently use? You probably get a better price though, because I would imagine you buy a much larger quantitthatn I use!

Thanks

óNancy
      i use big strike fish food from agway,it is as good as any food around,32%protein,it sells for 25$ for a 40 lb bag

totallyvictorian is online now Supporting Member
      is Warmth is Back :)

Feeling:
      Awesome

Nancy, I tried Blue Ridge but found I had a lot of waste ?? I went back to Blackwater. Works best for my koi and my price range. I'd like
      to know what Russ is using also

Pam

Montgomery County Water Garden Society
      Clarksville, Tn

Russell Peters is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I buy my food wholesale and I am not sure if it is available retail.
      people like to vehemently defend their purchases and find it incredulous that anything could be better

totallyvictorian is online now Supporting Member
      is Warmth is Back :)

Feeling:
      Awesome

Nancy I saw that Life Aquaria has the Blackwater large pellets. I need to order food but the medium staple is $139 for 40# that is double what I paid the last time
      I ordered. I sure do miss Petsolutions

Pam

Montgomery County Water Garden Society
      Clarksville, Tn

hacnp is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I have been buying blackwater creek from AES, now known as pentair AES. paid 96$ a bag for 3 40 lb. bags plus shipping.
      Regards, Ken

The most powerful point of suction in the pond occurs at our checking account. It's all Marges fault!