• Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: Lily Trade (Charlotte, NC)

KoiNC is offline Member
      is is Relaxing by the Pond

Feeling:
      ----

Lily Trade (Charlotte, NC)

Hi there, I have 4 of these nice big Peach/Pink lillies, they're putting up a new flower about every 2 days at this point. You can see in this picture there is one open and two new buds pushing up out of the water, and a bunch more under the leaves growing. Nice and healthy. I have them in a pot about 15" round by about a foot deep. It is a sealed pot as well so no soil seeps out.

I'm looking to trade for other water plants. I'd specifically be interested in other Lillies and Lotus.

Thanks.
      Attached Images Attached Images   
      Last edited by KoiNC; 05-21-2019 at 12:28 PM.

CraigP is offline Senior Member
      is Needing No Insane Clown Posse

Feeling:
      Amused

I have a Wanvisa you are welcome to. The lily in your picture looks likely to be Strawn's Colorado'. Some confuse it with his 'Denver', but 'Denver' is a yellow lily ( http://www.victoria-adventure.org/wa...r_gallery.html ). Anyway, give a yell if you are interested in the Wanvisa.
      "Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." ~ Jimi Hendrix

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”― Stephen Hawking

"On entering this world our starting-point is ignorance. None, however, but idiots remain there."~ Horace Mann

Craig

icu2 is offline Administrator ~ WWKC Treasurer
      is usually here but if not I'm
      probably off flying

Feeling:
      Piratey

Great offer... thanks Craig!
      --Steve
      Find more about Weather in Poulsbo, WA

"I know what I have to do now. I got to keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise.
      Who knows what the tide could bring." --Tom Hanks in Cast Away

KoiNC is offline Member

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
      I have a Wanvisa you are welcome to. The lily in your picture looks likely to be Strawn's Colorado'. Some confuse it with his 'Denver', but 'Denver' is a yellow lily ( http://www.victoria-adventure.org/wa...r_gallery.html ). Anyway, give a yell if you are interested in the Wanvisa.
      I am interested, but you're in FL so that's a heck of a drive for a lily.

But thank you for the ID- that's super helpful as someone else did mention it likely being a Denver.

KoiNC is offline Member

Feeling:
      ----

Here's a few better pictures that really show the "true color".
      Attached Images Attached Images   

CraigP is offline Senior Member
      is Needing No Insane Clown Posse

Feeling:
      Amused

Lol....sorry I was not more clear. I have spare lilies and not looking for anything in return, just thought it would be a lily you would enjoy. It would be bare root, but I do have some experience in shipping waterlilies and can assure you it will arrive in good shape and recover quickly. Seriously, I am closing my ponds and am more than happy to send you the Wanvisa. I just need a ship to address. You can either google Craig Presnell or ask other members, but I am not trying to run a scam....just happy to share what I have in excess. < g >
      "Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." ~ Jimi Hendrix

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”― Stephen Hawking

"On entering this world our starting-point is ignorance. None, however, but idiots remain there."~ Horace Mann

Craig

gray cat is offline Administrator ~ WWKC BOD ~ Facebook Administrator
      is looking forward to Spring.

Feeling:
      Awesome

Lol....sorry I was not more clear. I have spare lilies and not looking for anything in return, just thought it would be a lily you would enjoy. It would be bare root, but I do have some experience in shipping waterlilies and can assure you it will arrive in good shape and recover quickly. Seriously, I am closing my ponds and am more than happy to send you the Wanvisa. I just need a ship to address. You can either google Craig Presnell or ask other members, but I am not trying to run a scam....just happy to share what I have in excess. < g >

Craig has been a member on Koiphen since 2005. That is a awesome gesture for him to offer to send you a Wanvisa.
      Nancy

Koiphen 2013 Koi Person of the Year!

KoiNC is offline Member

Feeling:
      ----

That is very kind of you. I will name my new lily Craig!

I'll PM you my address, but I insist on at least covering shipping costs. I can send you a paypal.

Very kind. Thank you!