• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021
    Results 401 to 414 of 414

    Thread: Getting back into koi - 4000g DIY build in a tiny yard

    1. #401
      jcardona1's Avatar
      jcardona1 is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      CA, USA
      Posts
      923
      Quote Originally Posted by Fishmover View Post
      The Shimis on that Benigoi are very distracting, you should get rid of it ASAP. To make rehoming easier on you, I will PM you my address so that you can send it to me.

      Pond looks great and the fish look fantastic. I have enjoyed your build thread.


      Thanks! But in all seriousness, it's a bummer about those shimis. The benigoi has the best body conformation from all my fish. Super thick body and tail for being only 23". The shimis are quite deep too. I watched some videos on Youtube about how to remove them and decided it wasn't worth it, I'll just let them be. Maybe one day she'll turn into a nice Bekko
      ~ Jose

    2. #402
      delbert is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      Location
      NE Arkansas 7a
      Posts
      2,979
      Yeah you got a real problem there .
      Beautiful koi

    3. #403
      Fishmover is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2020
      Location
      indiana
      Posts
      384
      Quote Originally Posted by jcardona1 View Post


      Thanks! But in all seriousness, it's a bummer about those shimis. The benigoi has the best body conformation from all my fish. Super thick body and tail for being only 23". The shimis are quite deep too. I watched some videos on Youtube about how to remove them and decided it wasn't worth it, I'll just let them be. Maybe one day she'll turn into a nice Bekko
      I have the same problem as go, except it is a ginrin benigoi. Not only are there a couple Shimis, but there are not so subtle hints of sumi coming through on the head.

      Name:  Benigoi.JPG
Views: 373
Size:  57.8 KB
      Last edited by Fishmover; 10-29-2020 at 08:59 PM.


      Been ponding for a while, with lots of successes, and lots of failures.

    4. #404
      jcardona1's Avatar
      jcardona1 is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      CA, USA
      Posts
      923
      Not much to update as of late so here's an updated picture! Fish are still fasting, haven't fed them since late November. Water temps are in the low 50s. Probably won't feed again until perhaps April.



      Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      ~ Jose

    5. #405
      jcardona1's Avatar
      jcardona1 is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      CA, USA
      Posts
      923
      Water temps finally hit 60 degrees this past weekend. May start lightly feeding in a week or two. Cheers!


      ~ Jose

    6. #406
      kevins2ooo is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2019
      Location
      Sacramento
      Posts
      274
      Hi Jose, saw your post on Facebook. Truly beautiful pond. I am in Sacramento too, and have started feeding lightly.

    7. #407
      EmeraldDragon's Avatar
      EmeraldDragon is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Mar 2021
      Location
      Walnut, California
      Posts
      262
      Oooo, seeing those pictures of your Discusses makes me missed mine. I had them in my 55 gallon tank with an Angel fish. They are all gone to heaven now... I blamed that on the Angel Fish I had, it was too aggressive. It took care of attacking everything in the tank as soon as it got big enough. **crying** After that every fishes starts dying left and right. My son has guppies in the 55 gallon tank now.
      Failure is not an option! You just have to try harder the next time around!
      Regards,
      Sunny
      https://www.youtube.com/user/mongthummai

      Visit my site and see my progress of my Backyard and Garden

    8. #408
      jcardona1's Avatar
      jcardona1 is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      CA, USA
      Posts
      923
      Quote Originally Posted by kevins2ooo View Post
      Hi Jose, saw your post on Facebook. Truly beautiful pond. I am in Sacramento too, and have started feeding lightly.
      Thanks Kevin! I think I've seen some of your posts as well. You purchased some fish from Kent in SJ too right?

      Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldDragon View Post
      Oooo, seeing those pictures of your Discusses makes me missed mine. I had them in my 55 gallon tank with an Angel fish. They are all gone to heaven now... I blamed that on the Angel Fish I had, it was too aggressive. It took care of attacking everything in the tank as soon as it got big enough. **crying** After that every fishes starts dying left and right. My son has guppies in the 55 gallon tank now.
      Thanks Sunny! I really wanted to succeed with the discus but boy those fish were hard to keep. I tried domestics and wild caught and had issues with both. Something about my water they just didn't like. Beautiful fish but some of the most delicate tropicals I've ever kept!
      ~ Jose

    9. #409
      EmeraldDragon's Avatar
      EmeraldDragon is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Mar 2021
      Location
      Walnut, California
      Posts
      262
      Quote Originally Posted by jcardona1 View Post
      Thanks Sunny! I really wanted to succeed with the discus but boy those fish were hard to keep. I tried domestics and wild caught and had issues with both. Something about my water they just didn't like. Beautiful fish but some of the most delicate tropicals I've ever kept!
      Yeah! They were (and still are) my passions for many years since I was young (in my twenties years while I was working in a fish store). When I first saw them I felt in loved with them and wanted to have them for a long time. Once I had my tank setup, I raised them successfully from baby sizes (1 - 1 1/2 inches), some of them grown to be about 3 1/2 inches. I think some of them even come close to 4 inches. I had them for about 2 - 3 years until they starts dying one by one, until they all die. After that, I didn't feel like starting all over again. That's why my son took over the tank and put the guppies in there. Now it's self-contained and the guppies are running wild with babies.
      Failure is not an option! You just have to try harder the next time around!
      Regards,
      Sunny
      https://www.youtube.com/user/mongthummai

      Visit my site and see my progress of my Backyard and Garden

    10. #410
      408koi is offline Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2020
      Location
      San Jose California
      Posts
      39
      That water is so freaking clear!!!!

    11. #411
      EmeraldDragon's Avatar
      EmeraldDragon is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Mar 2021
      Location
      Walnut, California
      Posts
      262
      Quote Originally Posted by jcardona1 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen365 View Post
      your koi are growing big quick... We want a detailed video walk around your pond
      can you come and build me a pond when it is time for me to upgrade my pond
      When the coping is done I promise!

      Bakersfield is kinda far but I'm always available for remote tech support
      I should have asked for helps when I built mine a three week ago. I might have gotten a pond like your.

      BTW, Jose, I was told to check with you on the Pond Filter that you did. I want to build one like your for K1/K2 media with a 50 gallon drum (blue). Assistance would be greatly appreciated.
      Failure is not an option! You just have to try harder the next time around!
      Regards,
      Sunny
      https://www.youtube.com/user/mongthummai

      Visit my site and see my progress of my Backyard and Garden

    12. #412
      jcardona1's Avatar
      jcardona1 is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      CA, USA
      Posts
      923
      Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldDragon View Post
      I should have asked for helps when I built mine a three week ago. I might have gotten a pond like your.

      BTW, Jose, I was told to check with you on the Pond Filter that you did. I want to build one like your for K1/K2 media with a 50 gallon drum (blue). Assistance would be greatly appreciated.
      Yeah sure thing. Happy to help, just let me know what questions you have.

      Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      ~ Jose

    13. #413
      jmajid is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Location
      Houston
      Posts
      26
      Jose,
      What a build thread and some very nice fish along the way and now. Read it all - took me 3 days on/off.
      Thanks for sharing as you went through
      Liked your chagoi and soragoi - reminded me of mine that i lost.

      Quite liked your filter setup for your QT with the pans... very nice idea.

      What do you use for your GoPro when you shoot underwater? I mean for holding it under water?


      thanks,

    14. #414
      EmeraldDragon's Avatar
      EmeraldDragon is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Mar 2021
      Location
      Walnut, California
      Posts
      262
      Quote Originally Posted by jcardona1 View Post
      Yeah sure thing. Happy to help, just let me know what questions you have.

      Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      Oops, how did I missed your post last week. LOL! PM sent!
      Failure is not an option! You just have to try harder the next time around!
      Regards,
      Sunny
      https://www.youtube.com/user/mongthummai

      Visit my site and see my progress of my Backyard and Garden

    Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •