• Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: Koi Clay - The Story, how it came to be.

Gene is offline Supporting Member
      is Still Alive!

Feeling:
      Happy

Koi Clay - The Story, how it came to be.

I had not intended to bring "Ultimate Koi Clay" back to the market. I had only intended to write the story telling how koi clay came into being. Until I registered the domain koiclay.com the term koi clay had never been used before. When I first started selling my clay it was called Koi Clay.

I finished the story and uploaded it to my original http://koiclay.com/ site. On the site there is probably more than you ever wanted to know about bentonite / montmorillonite clay, but it only scratches the surface.

I hope to have my e-commerce site "Ultimate Koi Clay" up before long.

Gene
      Gene

WWKC Lifetime Pro Member #1

http://www.koiclay.com

The only failures are those that stop trying! There is a very thin line between procrastination and delayed gratification. You won't be happy with what you want, if you aren't happy with what you have. It's not what you are looking at, but where you are looking from.

GoldieGirl is offline Senior Member
      is in pond building mode!

Feeling:
      Friendly

Interesting article, I didn’t know you were the pioneer behind ‘koi clay’.
      It is your dedication, research and attention to detail, as well as the affordability aspect that keeps me using your clay for my koi and goldfish, and also for my personal needs as opposed to a branded, ‘human grade’ cosmetic product. I coat fish pellets, add it to gel foods, feed it to my dogs daily, and use it in DIY hair products, toothpaste, mud masks.
      Do I remember reading that you took koi clay yourself as a tonic/detox/anti-parasitic?I also do that a couple times a year.
      I am very glad you are back in business!

is Still Alive!

Feeling:
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by GoldieGirl View Post
      Interesting article, I didn’t know you were the pioneer behind ‘koi clay’.
      It is your dedication, research and attention to detail, as well as the affordability aspect that keeps me using your clay for my koi and goldfish, and also for my personal needs as opposed to a branded, ‘human grade’ cosmetic product. I coat fish pellets, add it to gel foods, feed it to my dogs daily, and use it in DIY hair products, toothpaste, mud masks.
      Do I remember reading that you took koi clay yourself as a tonic/detox/anti-parasitic?I also do that a couple times a year.
      I am very glad you are back in business!
      Thanks! Yes, I do use the clay myself as do some of my other friends. However, that said, I cannot recommend it for human internal consumption. I looked into putting it on the market in health food stores, but the requirements by the FDA are so rigid I couldn't afford it. That is why some of the bentonite clay products are so expensive. Every time the mfg gets a new load of clay from the mine they have to send 600 lbs. to the FDA and let the test it before they can sell. That's just one of the expenses.
      Last edited by Gene; 07-15-2018 at 06:19 PM.
      Gene

The only failures are those that stop trying! There is a very thin line between procrastination and delayed gratification. You won't be happy with what you want, if you aren't happy with what you have. It's not what you are looking at, but where you are looking from.

Debbie W is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

WOW! That is great! Thank you for sharing!

ricshaw is offline Supporting Member
      is who misses his Koi.

Feeling:
      Bemused

Thanks!!! I learned that “Refresh” from Japan has been changed to “KoiNendo”.

kevin32 is offline Inactivated
      is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Gene some say if you have hard water then the clay is not good to add. I'm not sure this is true and wanted to get your opinion on it. I haven't used clay in awhile because of this reason. I did notice though the clay seemed to boost my kois appetite and also the beni seemed to improve as well as skin quality. So I'm guessing it doesn't add more hardness to the water perhaps? Or the little amount it doesn't have much effect.

is Still Alive!

Feeling:
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
      Gene some say if you have hard water then the clay is not good to add. I'm not sure this is true and wanted to get your opinion on it. I haven't used clay in awhile because of this reason. I did notice though the clay seemed to boost my kois appetite and also the beni seemed to improve as well as skin quality. So I'm guessing it doesn't add more hardness to the water perhaps? Or the little amount it doesn't have much effect.
      Quote Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
      So I'm guessing it doesn't add more hardness to the water perhaps? Or the little amount it doesn't have much effect.
      Exactly.
      Gene

kevin32 is offline Inactivated
      is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
      Exactly.
      Thanks. I'll have to order some..I also use lithaqua and believe in it also.