is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Kikisui

Kikisui brought as tosai a year ago.

Video added

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWFt8ESE3DY
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by kevin32; 03-08-2018 at 08:26 PM.

kevin32 is offline Inactivated
      is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Fish had lots more Beni. The Beni is faded back but the shirogi and skin quality seemed to improve

inazuma28 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I am not well versed in metallic doitsu varieties. It does have great sheen, hikari, and shiroji. It has a pleasing body line as well. What is strange is the sumi? in the beni. Could this possible be a metallic doistu goromo?

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by inazuma28 View Post
      I am not well versed in metallic doitsu varieties. It does have great sheen, hikari, and shiroji. It has a pleasing body line as well. What is strange is the sumi? in the beni. Could this possible be a metallic doistu goromo?
      Hmm good question. It does have that goromo look in the Beni. The skin seemed to improve this winter.

Marilyn is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

It could be Goromo but it also could be Heisei Nishikigoi. More importantly, as is noted, this koi has very good sheen and strong Hikari. Although it is losing the beni pattern, I can see why you enjoy it. It also makes for an excellent comparison to the Tancho Kujaku. That koi should have the same level of sheen and Hikari and does not.

Still learning as I go but y'all can call me Marilyn

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
      It could be Goromo but it also could be Heisei Nishikigoi. More importantly, as is noted, this koi has very good sheen and strong Hikari. Although it is losing the beni pattern, I can see why you enjoy it. It also makes for an excellent comparison to the Tancho Kujaku. That koi should have the same level of sheen and Hikari and does not.
      Thanks M. I see what you are saying about the tancho kujaku. Both fish came from koda. My water temp did get pretty warm this summer. 82 degrees and many of my tosai had Beni failure. I didn't know any better at the time

Marilyn is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
      Thanks M. I see what you are saying about the tancho kujaku. Both fish came from koda. My water temp did get pretty warm this summer. 82 degrees and many of my tosai had Beni failure. I didn't know any better at the time
      No worries! Most of us go through the one of everything when we get into the hobby. I know I did. Heat/water parameters are part of the learning curve.

The Tancho bug has bitten you hard, I get it. I'm a sucker for Marutens but not so much of Tancho. So much needs to be right to have a lovely Tancho because they basically need to have excellent quality in lots of areas to appreciate the Tancho.

To give you an idea of how I started out, this is my pond less than a year into the hobby.
      Kujaku were my original favorite variety and that pond just was not friendly to the variety. There is a pretty one in there in the process of losing beni. In all my years with that pond, I only had one other fish lose beni (a Kohaku) but it did in 3 different Kujaku.

Still learning as I go but y'all can call me Marilyn

is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
      No worries! Most of us go through the one of everything when we get into the hobby. I know I did. Heat/water parameters are part of the learning curve.

The Tancho bug has bitten you hard, I get it. I'm a sucker for Marutens but not so much of Tancho. So much needs to be right to have a lovely Tancho because they basically need to have excellent quality in lots of areas to appreciate the Tancho.

To give you an idea of how I started out, this is my pond less than a year into the hobby.
      Kujaku were my original favorite variety and that pond just was not friendly to the variety. There is a pretty one in there in the process of losing beni. In all my years with that pond, I only had one other fish lose beni (a Kohaku) but it did in 3 different Kujaku.

Good to know and yes the tancho bug has bit me but cost me $ and kicked me in the butt. Im starting to see more things like sheen and good skin etc... I just couldnt see it at first but after going to shows and even koi dealers and your last house helped me alot and I thank you and russ for sharing your knowledge