• Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: Best Koi Direct- Disappointed

Mot23 is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Best Koi Direct- Disappointed

I recently bid and won on a Butterfly Shusui koi from seller Bestkoidirect11 on Ebay. I have bought fish on ebay before with no problem from other sellers.

The day the koi was shipped to me, the dealer sent me a message saying that the fish was scuffed and they refused to send out a flawed koi so they went ahead and shipped out a replacement BEFORE they let me know about it. I promptly got back asking about the replacement whether it was of same size and pattern. I didn't receive a response until the following day when I received the replacement.

The replacement koi came with a bent tail, it looks to be a deformity or old injury, it is less noticeable due to the long fin, but when he turns is when it is very noticeable. The koi also lacks the red/orange color pattern of the original one I bid on, from above, it looks like a complete blue Shusui. This was upsetting because I generally buy koi that I specifically like the pattern or color for whatever reason, after all this is for personal enjoyment.

I contacted the seller with links to photos and explained why I am upset. The seller responded saying they didn't see any photo attached. Seller also suggested that it could be broken due to shipment and that it usually heals.

I have sent the photos again and told them that it doesn't look like new injury. And it had been 2 days with no response even though seller had been online listing new fish.

Here are the photos of the one I bid on and the one I received.

Lesson learned.

Sent from my LG-H950 using Tapatalk

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Mot23 is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Clearer photos

Sent from my LG-H950 using Tapatalk

KoiNC is offline Senior Member
      is Singing Old Kentucky Home

Feeling:
      ----

I know your post was a couple years ago, but I have used BKD a couple times now and got the exact fish that was pictured. I will say they use a sharpening tool in photoshop to make the details stand out more- but I haven't seen them color-correct / modify. Overall I had a good experience with them and they were also nice to deal with and combine shipping. If anything, my only complaint is it is hard to win their online auctions! Lots of bidders on every fish.

hostadigger is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Wow really. That is happening to me right now. Two of the eight I bought were un able to ship. Then sent me pictures of the replacement one. Not even close to what I was buying. Sent them many messages not to send them. But just got the notification saying they were shipped. Total B S.

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007