• Tired

Thread: Dealer warning - Real Koi

bwang is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Dealer warning - Real Koi

Dealer Warning:
      I wanted to bring attention to a specific koi dealer that myself and several other dealers I know have had negative experiences with in the past. Real Koi run by Evan Philips in Buffalo, NY has done very poor business and he is a dishonest person.
      I was first introduced to Evan when he contacted me and wanted to come visit my farm last year. He came and he purchased some koi and I received payment from him. Overall it was a good experience. He was really happy with the purchase and wanted to come back. This time he purchased over $7000.00 worth of koi and wrote me a check. The check bounced twice and I contacted him for months in order to receive some form of payment. Every time we spoke “the check was in the mail.” After close to 6 months of this I contacted the local authorities. Since Evan crossed state lines with the merchandise there isn’t much they could do, but issue a warrant in North Carolina for his arrest. I then hired a collector to go after him. The collector managed to get about 60% of the payment from Evan over the course of the next 6 months. Yesterday I receive a call from the collector saying that Evan used his mother, Betsy’s, PapPal account to pay one of the payments. She disputed the charge saying that it was never authorized. Long story short, I just had to write a check to the collector for this payment.
      I usually don’t like to speak badly of others, but twice now I have heard from dealers that are friends of mine getting screwed by Evan too. In one instance he told the dealers that he was shipping koi that were 14-16” mixed breeds and charged them for those, but when they received the shipment all the koi were 5-7”. Big difference!
      I just want people to become aware of the type of person he is and to be wary of him. I hope this post helps others in the future!

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Also I forgot to mention him taking pictures of my koi farm and posting them on his website trying to pass it off as his farm. I emailed him about it and he eventually took the pictures down.
      I get phone calls from dealers and hobbyists stating that Evan told them that he owns some of my farm. I am all too eager to correct them...Evan (RealKoi) has to affiliation with East Coast Koi Imports what-so-ever. I actually just got one of these phone calls a few minutes ago which is why I felt the need to post this.

-Bobby Wang

MikeS is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Not the first mis-representation perpetrated by the above mentioned, buyer beware.
      Mike & Sharon Shaw
      Jonesborough TN

https://www.koiphen.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=437164

frankl is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Evan from Real Koi is now the agent for the US for Ornafish Japan... Sent an email To Rob to let him know his agents tacktics over here... Just did not want Rob to embarass his company because of this one person. Evan was just in Japan, spending money.... Hmmmmmmm.......
      What comes around goes around...... Hope you get paid Bobby....

Ramzy is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Bobby

Welcome to koiphen!

Ramzy

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I just got a call from a lady in Westchester, NY. Somehow she found me though the grapevine and said that Evan had taken pictures of my koi and sold them to her, even though they weren't in his possession. Last April she paid $3000.00 for them, thinking Evan had them, and he charged her card and never shipped the fish. It's because they are sitting in my greenhouse.
      As mentioned above this is not the first time that this has happened. I really hate that people are getting screwed by Evan because he is using pictures of my koi, trying to pass them off as his own.

As things happen with Evan and Real Koi, I am going to continually post them.

A1Koi is offline Supporting Member
      is Plumbing

Feeling:
      Godly

Angry Real koi scam

a recent profile for old koi dealer Real koi Evan phillips who scammed me of 10,000 dollars that he seemed to buy a snow mobile with.
      He promised and Sold me koi fish from a broker in japan back in 2012. His natural procedure was to never send them out and cut all ties from the koi business. In 2014 we Contacted his business partners who he also owes much money too.
      Basic scammer that needs to be put elsewhere.
      Here is his profile
      https://www.instagram.com/realkoi1984

delbert is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I bought a female Showa from Evan in 2012 on eBay , I used PayPal and got the fish
      He had me wondering when it came to shipping, he was taking the fish to the airport at least 4 times but something would happen and not make the plane
      I talked to him so many times we called the koi pond Evon. .... I feel lucky now

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007