• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Results 41 to 60 of 973

    Thread: 40 Acre Tenn Koi Farm for Sale - No Reserve

    1. #41
      GloriaL's Avatar
      GloriaL is offline Supporting Member
      is YADA YADA YADA YADA WWKC Life
      time Diamond Member
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Knoxville, Tn
      Posts
      4,852
      Is the large house in that set of pictures on the farm?
      GloriaL
      YADA YADA YADA YADA WWKC Life time Diamond Member # 10












    2. #42
      monomer's Avatar
      monomer is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Lower Peninsula, Western Mid-Michigan and then just a bit over to the right
      Posts
      785
      Exactly where is it located and what are the property taxes like? What buildings are on the property?... I'll bid $30,000

    3. #43
      BekkoIsTheBest's Avatar
      BekkoIsTheBest is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Auburn, AL
      Posts
      3,326
      Quote Originally Posted by monomer View Post
      Exactly where is it located and what are the property taxes like? What buildings are on the property?... I'll bid $30,000
      Bump for this question
      Emily

      "Love is an unusual game. There are either two winners, or none."

      Parents...Can't live with 'em....Can't go too long without 'em!

      Proud Member of the WWKC

    4. #44
      cindy's Avatar
      cindy is offline Supporting Member
      is has 2 new tosai
       
      Feeling:
      Happy
       
      Join Date
      May 2004
      Location
      Mt. Wash. KY - 7 miles outside Louisville
      Posts
      64,664
      Quote Originally Posted by monomer View Post
      Exactly where is it located and what are the property taxes like? What buildings are on the property?... I'll bid $30,000
      Bulls Gap, Tennesse

    5. #45
      cindy's Avatar
      cindy is offline Supporting Member
      is has 2 new tosai
       
      Feeling:
      Happy
       
      Join Date
      May 2004
      Location
      Mt. Wash. KY - 7 miles outside Louisville
      Posts
      64,664

    6. #46
      BekkoIsTheBest's Avatar
      BekkoIsTheBest is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Auburn, AL
      Posts
      3,326
      Quote Originally Posted by cindy View Post
      I saw that as well. Almost double the acreage, but it sure does provide a good estimate on cost per acre.

      I've only been to the farm once, and can't remember what all was on it. Is there a house AND the cabin?
      Emily

      "Love is an unusual game. There are either two winners, or none."

      Parents...Can't live with 'em....Can't go too long without 'em!

      Proud Member of the WWKC

    7. #47
      BekkoIsTheBest's Avatar
      BekkoIsTheBest is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Auburn, AL
      Posts
      3,326
      $35,000
      Emily

      "Love is an unusual game. There are either two winners, or none."

      Parents...Can't live with 'em....Can't go too long without 'em!

      Proud Member of the WWKC

    8. #48
      monomer's Avatar
      monomer is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Lower Peninsula, Western Mid-Michigan and then just a bit over to the right
      Posts
      785
      My bid assumes nothing more than what I see in the photos sitting on that plot... and for GloriaL, that big red and white house on the hill ISN'T on the property (Stephen mentioned those photos were taken on the way to the property). What I'm seeing is 3 ponds and a greenhouse structure of some sort and an old farm house and what looks to be several showing tanks or breeding tanks outside. Some wood on the property but no tall timber... mainly its purchasing price should be based upon it being 40-acres with some ponds on partially wooded property. If I got it I'd be able to retire three years earlier than planned (I'll be 62 in October here and at my age every year really counts) and probably build something on it. Michigan winters have been getting too cold for our old bones lately so we'd probably sell our home here and move on down there plus we do have a couple of Golden Retrievers that actually water retrieve so they would love a pond to cool off in on hot summer days. Then of course there's the koi to think of $40,000

      I'm off to the dog beach today... on Lake Michigan, yea!
      Last edited by monomer; 07-23-2012 at 10:52 AM.

    9. #49
      lukef's Avatar
      lukef is offline king of the lilliputians
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      florida
      Posts
      4,279
      Monomer I am pulling for you.
      "Those aren't poodles. They're Dobermans with afros."

    10. #50
      KatieVL's Avatar
      KatieVL is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      Boynton Beach, FL zone 10b
      Posts
      1,955
      That's only $1,000/acre. It's a great buy. Eastern Tennessee is lovely.

      K.O.I.


      Start something you will never finish...A koi pond
      "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." -Dalai Lama

    11. #51
      BekkoIsTheBest's Avatar
      BekkoIsTheBest is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Auburn, AL
      Posts
      3,326
      $45,000
      Emily

      "Love is an unusual game. There are either two winners, or none."

      Parents...Can't live with 'em....Can't go too long without 'em!

      Proud Member of the WWKC

    12. #52
      stephen's Avatar
      stephen is online now Koiphen Member
      WWKC Lifetime Charter Diamond Member #2
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Location
      Koiphenville
      Posts
      33,342
      Quote Originally Posted by monomer View Post
      My bid assumes nothing more than what I see in the photos sitting on that plot... and for GloriaL, that big red and white house on the hill ISN'T on the property (Stephen mentioned those photos were taken on the way to the property). What I'm seeing is 3 ponds and a greenhouse structure of some sort and an old farm house and what looks to be several showing tanks or breeding tanks outside. Some wood on the property but no tall timber... mainly its purchasing price should be based upon it being 40-acres with some ponds on partially wooded property. If I got it I'd be able to retire three years earlier than planned (I'll be 62 in October here and at my age every year really counts) and probably build something on it. Michigan winters have been getting too cold for our old bones lately so we'd probably sell our home here and move on down there plus we do have a couple of Golden Retrievers that actually water retrieve so they would love a pond to cool off in on hot summer days. Then of course there's the koi to think of $40,000

      I'm off to the dog beach today... on Lake Michigan, yea!
      Good luck to you. You are bidding on this:

      Big Bertha Well providing quality H2O

      Private Mountain

      Numerous Established Koi Ponds

      Centuries Old Log Cabin (almost identical to Davey Crocket's birthplace a few miles away)

      Oil Shale Rights

      A Forest of Trees

      Current Home

      A 40 acre slice of Heaven

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBmYkXVteaU

    13. #53
      stephen's Avatar
      stephen is online now Koiphen Member
      WWKC Lifetime Charter Diamond Member #2
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Location
      Koiphenville
      Posts
      33,342
      Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
      Good luck to you. You are bidding on this:

      Big Bertha Well providing quality H2O

      Private Mountain

      Numerous Established Koi Ponds

      Centuries Old Log Cabin (almost identical to Davey Crocket's birthplace a few miles away)

      Oil Shale Rights

      A Forest of Trees

      Current Home

      A 40 acre slice of Heaven

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBmYkXVteaU
      In fact: If somebody took the expense and responsibility of delivering that cabin to our Florida location in good condition and help set it back up, we would give you the farm and everything on it. I am not sure if it can be done but if it can, I am serious.

    14. #54
      stephen's Avatar
      stephen is online now Koiphen Member
      WWKC Lifetime Charter Diamond Member #2
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Location
      Koiphenville
      Posts
      33,342
      Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
      In fact: If somebody took the expense and responsibility of delivering that cabin to our Florida location in good condition and help set it back up, we would give you farm and everything on it. I am not sure if it can be done but if it can, I am serious.
      Before we were interested in buying the farm, we were interested in the historic cabin. In fact, when Gene was here several years ago, I offered him $100,000.00 to do just that. After discussion, we were afraid that it would be very difficult and canned the idea. I really want that cabin but here not there.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    15. #55
      jimfish98's Avatar
      jimfish98 is offline Supporting Member
      is not losing sleep over the
      opinion of sheep
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Central Florida
      Posts
      12,231
      It would be a nice add to KPville, but you would spend a small fortune as I am sure once loaded to a trailer it would be too high to stay on most main roads. If that cost doesn't kill ya, getting the entrance and driveway opened up to get a trailer in would.

    16. #56
      stephen's Avatar
      stephen is online now Koiphen Member
      WWKC Lifetime Charter Diamond Member #2
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Location
      Koiphenville
      Posts
      33,342
      Quote Originally Posted by jimfish98 View Post
      It would be a nice add to KPville, but you would spend a small fortune as I am sure once loaded to a trailer it would be too high to stay on most main roads. If that cost doesn't kill ya, getting the entrance and driveway opened up to get a trailer in would.
      I think you are right Jim. We thought that it would have to be somewhat dismantled & then put together again. And realistically, that could be a major difficulty.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    17. #57
      cindy's Avatar
      cindy is offline Supporting Member
      is has 2 new tosai
       
      Feeling:
      Happy
       
      Join Date
      May 2004
      Location
      Mt. Wash. KY - 7 miles outside Louisville
      Posts
      64,664
      Build a replica

    18. #58
      stephen's Avatar
      stephen is online now Koiphen Member
      WWKC Lifetime Charter Diamond Member #2
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Location
      Koiphenville
      Posts
      33,342
      Quote Originally Posted by cindy View Post
      Build a replica
      I don't want a replica.

    19. #59
      BekkoIsTheBest's Avatar
      BekkoIsTheBest is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Auburn, AL
      Posts
      3,326
      My desire to practice breeding koi, in preparation of beginning a business, is leading me to be VERY serious about purchasing this property. I've dreamed of an opportunity like this, and of all the things people might call me... Persistent and determined are always part of the colorful list. I suppose I'm just saying this to confirm that I am not wasting anyone's time by bidding on this property. I am serious about it!
      Emily

      "Love is an unusual game. There are either two winners, or none."

      Parents...Can't live with 'em....Can't go too long without 'em!

      Proud Member of the WWKC

    20. #60
      BekkoIsTheBest's Avatar
      BekkoIsTheBest is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Auburn, AL
      Posts
      3,326
      Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
      I don't want a replica.
      It just wouldn't be the same!
      Emily

      "Love is an unusual game. There are either two winners, or none."

      Parents...Can't live with 'em....Can't go too long without 'em!

      Proud Member of the WWKC

    Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •