• Page 76 of 85 FirstFirst ... 6673747576777879 ... LastLast
    Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1681

Thread: I really should be out working in the yard

gander is offline Supporting Member ~ WWKC BOD ~ 2018 KPOTY
      is birds flying high you know how
      I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

I cant believe how had standing there and putting cuttings into a flat is so hard on my back. I am even using an ironing board so I dont have too lean over at all but I an only do about 15 cuttings and go set down.. I have 2 more days of antibiotics because my diverticlosis flared up they gave me 2 differnt antibiotics at least the pain is gone
      "most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

Koiphen 2018 Koi Person of the Year!

OK.TN.

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

gray cat is offline Administrator
      is looking forward to Spring

Feeling:
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by gander View Post
      I cant believe how had standing there and putting cuttings into a flat is so hard on my back. I am even using an ironing board so I dont have too lean over at all but I an only do about 15 cuttings and go set down.. I have 2 more days of antibiotics because my diverticlosis flared up they gave me 2 differnt antibiotics at least the pain is gone
      Standing and moving my arms will cause pain in my upper back too. Hope you are feeling better now.
      Nancy

Koiphen 2013 Koi Person of the Year!

delbert is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Maybe you can sit down and lower the ironing board get comfortable

Nguyen365 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Seems like everyone one is in a little bit of pain lately. I'm recovering from the SI joint injury. A few days over a month now..

I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen365 View Post
      Seems like everyone one is in a little bit of pain lately. I'm recovering from the SI joint injury. A few days over a month now..
      I had that years ago Tony hope your works for you mine did not.
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

Feeling:
      Happy

I had that years ago Tony hope your works for you mine did not.
      How has your shoulder been since you had surgery a while back? I have been having pain in my shoulder blade on my back lately.
      Nancy

I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

These are the seedlings from my variegated Calidora from last year. The first three pics are some I am taking inside under the lights the others are of the 2 larger ones and they will go on the back porch. The ones going on the back porch look like a calidora but the 3 going inside not so much the biggest one has 3 plants in it and they seem too have much narrower leaves. I still think the only thing bloomong at the same time was the portora. Its so funny last year I had about 4 pods and all of them were fertilized and made seed. This year I had about 8 pods and only one of them made seed and not very many at all I think I had 2 that lived and they are both variegated. I later planted some calidora seeds and got about 17 plants growing no pics of these yet.
      Attached Images Attached Images        
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

My cuttings of the coleus and sunpatiens look pretty good. Dont know how they will look in 4 months. my cuttings on the red dragon wing begonias dont look too great lost quite a few of those but still have time before frost too take more cuttings. Well took more cuttings today 36 more sunpatiens and 16 more begonias
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I made up 2 flats of begonias last week after seeing you do it

Feeling:
      Happy

Your coleus and sunpatiens cuttings look good. Will you keep these in the house under lights too?
      Nancy

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by gray cat View Post
      Your coleus and sunpatiens cuttings look good. Will you keep these in the house under lights too?
      yes I will probably have too repot them
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

Well I am about finished putting the big plants away. Just have this last one and its the biggest so far. I am not even sure what it is. It has some open sinus and some closed ones, I guess its a big Calidora. The other pic shows about how packed they are in a 10x20 spot I still have a few more too go. I am leaving some out this year. I got too try and cut down,.
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

I guess I planted my pumpkins too late but the truth of the matter is I never saw any female blooms as all most of the vines that did make grew up the chicken wire. Non of the sugar pumpkins grew at all I guess the seed was bad or something none of the gourds grew either. Look what I found on top of the chicken pen and its pretty good sized and I dont know how I am going too reach it. Its one of those supposedly big pumpkins did you know those types are really big squash. they dont even start out green like pie or field pumpkins do. I must have planted 7 or 8 pcks of seed
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I’m going to have to start soon . I have been trying to fix my little green house up first

I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

I have been potting my cuttings today. They rooted good but really needed potting. They dont looks so great but I bet they will in a few weeks, they need too be tipped too so they will branch. I potted 81 4" pots of Sin Coleus. 37 4" pots of Sunpatiens and 35 4" pots of Red Dragon wing begonias. I have about 27 more Sunpatiens too pot but I have used all the 4 inch pots I brought in and almost 2 cubic feet of potting soil. So I potted up 8 and a half flats of plants today. A few at a time.

I did another 27 Sunpatiens this morning so everything is in 4" pots now. I hope they grow and dont give me any problems.
      Last edited by gander; 11-07-2020 at 10:53 AM.
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

I worked outside today on getting my pots cleaned up. I had too rest quite a bit between getting them done. I ended up cleaning about 35. I rested 3 times too do that many. It was 67 with a humidity if 81% and I was really having a hard time breathing. Took the bstds out 3 times today also. They minded pretty well. I still have about 45 or so too clean but some of them dont have anything growing in them. I left some taro out too kill it and then I left out my gingers. They really needed redone they had been in the pots for years and were not very pretty and full any longer. Most of my Tall Phlox has came back but not all. Some of my Day lilies even died out. The cannas all died this year. We had a very very hard winter. A minus 8 winter and that does not happen here. I am hoping my hardy bananas lived they did die all the way too the ground because they fell over a few days ago. I hope all of the Rudbekia seeded in the lawn again and also all the cleome. I like free plants. I hope the Echinacea comes back too. Have not seen any at all so far.
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

Feeling:
      Happy

I worked outside today on getting my pots cleaned up. I had too rest quite a bit between getting them done. I ended up cleaning about 35. I rested 3 times too do that many. It was 67 with a humidity if 81% and I was really having a hard time breathing. Took the bstds out 3 times today also. They minded pretty well. I still have about 45 or so too clean but some of them dont have anything growing in them. I left some taro out too kill it and then I left out my gingers. They really needed redone they had been in the pots for years and were not very pretty and full any longer. Most of my Tall Phlox has came back but not all. Some of my Day lilies even died out. The cannas all died this year. We had a very very hard winter. A minus 8 winter and that does not happen here. I am hoping my hardy bananas lived they did die all the way too the ground because they fell over a few days ago. I hope all of the Rudbekia seeded in the lawn again and also all the cleome. I like free plants. I hope the Echinacea comes back too. Have not seen any at all so far.
      So sorry you lost some of your plants. Maybe they are just late showing signs of life. I don't think it has ever been that cold here. We had a mild winter and some of my plants are on their way up.
      Nancy

I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

Looks like all of the Sedums died this winter too. Nothing is left in any of the pots. The wagon just has a few weeds. Pams Swan that was covered in Tokyo Sun, well it had all gone green but its bare too the three pots that set on my table are bare as can be. Yesterday it poured down all day but I went looking for cannas and found a few pcks. Nobody is selling bulk this year. Yesterday was Fort Smith Ark, Today I went too Talequah Okla. I happened too find 4 three inch Mojito tubers. They had all kinds but these are all I wanted. I did find a few I think pint size rudebekias that I can cut in half and spread them around. I am hoping some of my snake plants or Echineca comes back but it doesnt look likely. Its just a good thing I got all of the sun coleus in the house and the Sunpatiens even though they dont look good but I bet as soon as I can get them outside and put some Mircle-gro on them they will perk up. I aint counting on the Dragon wing begonias they are mostly green sticks. A man at the nursery said as soon as I can get them out side they will shoot out from the bottom so I aint counting them out yet. I just never expected that cold spell. I think it even killed my nandinas and my couisn said all of her box wood is dead and a few azaleas
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

Feeling:
      Happy

Looks like all of the Sedums died this winter too. Nothing is left in any of the pots. The wagon just has a few weeds. Pams Swan that was covered in Tokyo Sun, well it had all gone green but its bare too the three pots that set on my table are bare as can be. Yesterday it poured down all day but I went looking for cannas and found a few pcks. Nobody is selling bulk this year. Yesterday was Fort Smith Ark, Today I went too Talequah Okla. I happened too find 4 three inch Mojito tubers. They had all kinds but these are all I wanted. I did find a few I think pint size rudebekias that I can cut in half and spread them around. I am hoping some of my snake plants or Echineca comes back but it doesnt look likely. Its just a good thing I got all of the sun coleus in the house and the Sunpatiens even though they dont look good but I bet as soon as I can get them outside and put some Mircle-gro on them they will perk up. I aint counting on the Dragon wing begonias they are mostly green sticks. A man at the nursery said as soon as I can get them out side they will shoot out from the bottom so I aint counting them out yet. I just never expected that cold spell. I think it even killed my nandinas and my couisn said all of her box wood is dead and a few azaleas

You went down below 0 I think for several nights! Such a shame.
      Nancy

I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by gray cat View Post
      You went down below 0 I think for several nights! Such a shame.
      -8 and -6 for 2 nights
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Page 76 of 85 FirstFirst ... 6673747576777879 ... LastLast