• Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5865666768
    Results 1,341 to 1,356 of 1356

Thread: I really should be out working in the yard

gray cat is offline Administrator ~ WWKC BOD ~ Facebook Administrator
      is looking forward to Spring.

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by gander View Post
      I took some cuttings off of a few sun coleus I did buy today. I spent 20.00 and got 34 cuttings so far off of them. I will take more as they grow. I also planted cleome seeds and seeds for 6 different varieties of basil. I love growing the basil be cause in the summer the sun heats up the leaves and they smell so good just setting near the pots. I am thinking of taking more dragon wing cuttings but I already have 35 growing I know they dont look red under the lights but they are from a red momma.
      [QUOTE=gander;2710304]ok what you cant see in the pic is that there are 2 rows of rocks one right up against the water trough and one in front of pots. the ones in front of the pots are setting on the cement stemwall from the old green house. I am thinking of moving the pots too setting on the stem wall and put the rocks with the others that will give me an aisle too walk on both sides of trough and pots so I can keep them cleaner. I will also spread them out a little bit so I dont hurt myself trying too get around them[/QUOTE]

Taking cuttings is one way of really stretching your dollar and you get so many new plants to enjoy!
      Nancy

Koiphen 2013 Koi Person of the Year!

DarleneD is online now Supporting Member
      is crocheting

Feeling:
      Crazy

Squeak, can you please take some pics of your pond and fish? Haven't seen them for a long time.

gander is online now Supporting Member ~ WWKC BOD ~ 2018 KPOTY
      is birds flying high you know how
      I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by DarleneD View Post
      Squeak, can you please take some pics of your pond and fish? Haven't seen them for a long time.
      Darlene there is nothing too see the water is cesspool green and the stream is not running and its a pure mess give it a couple of months hopefully
      "most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

DarleneD is online now Supporting Member
      is crocheting

Feeling:
      Crazy

Ok, I'll be patient! Meanwhile I'm enjoying all your other pics. Hope you don't overdo yourself this spring and get to hurting. How's Kala today?

I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

I noticed today that my hardy bananas are starting too come up. We had a very mild winter so a lot of my cannas came back. Even the ones in the pots most of them came back. I saw some of the wild taro that grows on the south side of the old greenhouse coming up too. I was walking by the water troughs and smoe of the runners on the taro that broke off and stayed in the water is sprouting too. Dont have a clue what variety they will be.We have had so much rain lately water is just standing in my yard so that makes working in it impossible. I am taking some cuttings on Calibrachoa today. I sent a message too Bob Salee he said he never got it too root, and old friend that has a thriving greenhouse in Muskogee said thats how he grows his. He asked me if I still had my frame and equipment and I said yes he said you need too start growing pot. I said I had a big Koi Pond in the middle of it. He said bulldoze that in and get in the pot business,lol he said he had had offers trying too get him in it. He inherited the family greenhouses. He has good business but he has no parking pot holes on his driveway. He owns plenty of land I dont know why he never made it look nice. He had some really nice greenhouses and some old glass ones that are falling down even some part way underground. This is an old old business. he is only open in the spring and christmas for Ponsettias.
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

delbert is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I’m thinking spring is here

I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
      I’m thinking spring is here
      me too delbert I am thinking I might go get me a bag of potting soil and take all the bulbs outside and plant them so I will know what they are when I put them in the larger pots
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

Feeling:
      Awesome

me too delbert I am thinking I might go get me a bag of potting soil and take all the bulbs outside and plant them so I will know what they are when I put them in the larger pots
      What type of bulbs do you have?
      Nancy

I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by gray cat View Post
      What type of bulbs do you have?
      all those taro I took up and dried.
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

I am sure glad that Nancy (Gray Cat) was not helping me with my pond this week there is the biggest Cotton Mouth in the rocks around my stream. She would hurt herself really bad trying too run on all of these rocks.lol
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

Feeling:
      Awesome

i am sure glad that nancy (gray cat) was not helping me with my pond this week there is the biggest cotton mouth in the rocks around my stream. She would hurt herself really bad trying too run on all of these rocks.lol
      snake ~~~run~~~run as fast as you can!!!!!!!!!!!
      Nancy

SouthernStarr is online now Administrator ~WWKC VP ~BOD member
      is Thinks some dogs should stay
      on the porch

Feeling:
      Happy

Be very careful with a cottonmouth. They are very aggressive. Make sure your dogs stay away also.

Proud Member Of The WWKC
      WWKC Lifetime Diamond Charter Member #6

I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

Rich said one time he saw the topic of my thread I really should be in the yard working. He said everytime he saw it he wanted too tell me too get off my butt and get busy. I cant seem too get motivated this year. My Bil came over today and said I thought you said you were going too dig up that clump of Miscanthus. I said I dont have a back hoe and it cant get there anyway. He kept on and on about it. I said this fall I am going too cut it down green and poison it. He said you might kill something else or your fish. I just looked at him and said does it look like I really give a **** anymore. He was on too me about buying those fire sticks and not even taking them out of the package yet. I ran his *** off. I already told them I did not want too see anypeople this weekend and then he comes over just as I got too sleep I was not in the mood too listen too his crap. I have looked on youtube about making the firestix jailnroken but not sure I can follow the directions very well.
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

delbert is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

I call bull sh!t
      I don’t think you could kill a plant

Feeling:
      Awesome

Rich said one time he saw the topic of my thread I really should be in the yard working. He said everytime he saw it he wanted too tell me too get off my butt and get busy. I cant seem too get motivated this year. My Bil came over today and said I thought you said you were going too dig up that clump of Miscanthus. I said I dont have a back hoe and it cant get there anyway. He kept on and on about it. I said this fall I am going too cut it down green and poison it. He said you might kill something else or your fish. I just looked at him and said does it look like I really give a **** anymore. He was on too me about buying those fire sticks and not even taking them out of the package yet. I ran his *** off. I already told them I did not want too see anypeople this weekend and then he comes over just as I got too sleep I was not in the mood too listen too his crap. I have looked on youtube about making the firestix jailnroken but not sure I can follow the directions very well.

Gary I can't seem to get to motivated this Spring either.

You are smart not to open the fire sticks until you think you will be able to jailbreak them. That way you can return them. Also there are places online that you can buy them that are already jail broke. They cost twice as much but they are ready to use.
      Nancy

I feel

Feeling:
      Awesome

I have moved a few more pots off the back porch but have not planted anything and not sure when I will. I am going greenhousen with my cuz again Monday and then have 2 drs appointments in Talequah on 2 different days of course even in the same building well when you old all you got is time
      still in them."
      I wish I could sing

OK.TN.

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5865666768