• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

dick benbow is offline "The Koi Coach"
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Thanks to Brady for the really good photos.......I have seen the gin on all colored scales, more so in white and red.
      I remember with fond memories my first matsunosuke sanke. It had heavy gin on the sides and was the first such fish brought into the pacific NW.
      Toshio seems to keep all his different sanke types around and available but I don't see so much gin as before with his new marusome scalation. That's why when I saw that koi with the others i snatched it up....

Toragoi is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Here's yet another rendition of Matsunosuke gin:

And an art print with a Sakai of Isawa Showa sporting his famous Matsunosuke Gin...

I have noticed on the specimens I have with this trait that the scales are ever so slightly convex, not flat like most others. The more convex, the more it seems to show, and can also appear like pearl ginrin at the upper corner of each scale depending on the angle of view.

Marie
      Marie

"Friendship is a lot like p*ssing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but you actually have to feel it to understand and appreciate its warmth." ~Kari Compton

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
      Hee hee hee... I knew Marie had that shot If you hadn't piped up I was gonna pm you about it
      I gots more where that one came from, Larry. I'm also trying to capture a good shot of what it looks like in the pond. OMG...the shiro on the fish in question is so bright that when the gin lights up it blinds the camera! hahahaha

Here's an art shot of what that looks like on my arguably pearl ginrin nidan kohaku tosai, which is equally as hard to capture on film without having to handle the koi. There are rows of little gold or silver lights glittering all the way down Origiin, my little 10" SJKoi kohak, but only a few are hinted at in this rare and elusive capture:

Another...on the bottom of the pond and the water's not clear yet:

Those sparklies glimmer when the fish moves, so when observed it gives the appearance of extreme lustre highlighted by rows and scallops of undulating bling that flashes this way and then disappears thataway.

*mumbles* It's hard to explain....

M
      Marie

"Friendship is a lot like p*ssing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but you actually have to feel it to understand and appreciate its warmth." ~Kari Compton

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by lilhelper View Post
      Doesnt matsunosuke gin only show up on shiroji? or is this incorrect?
      Examine all of the pics posted and you tell me, Eric....
      Marie

This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Talking

I know this is a poor conformation picture, but after hundreds of shots I finally captured what the Matsunosuke Gin and Pearl Gin look like on the Tigerlily when the "lights are on." Note the pearls in the shiro and the scallops of matsunosuke gin in the beni....there are scallops in the shiro and pearls in the beni too, but **** if I can catch them all shining at the same time. Nonetheless, the effect at pondside simply takes the breath away....

Speaking of Matsunosuke Gin, the little Sakai Showa (Dojo) in the foreground has it, though it's barely discernible in this pic--it's all about angle of view. If Dojo had wheeled halfway around, you'd see it very well.
      Marie

Carl is offline Supporting Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Toragoi View Post
      I know this is a poor conformation picture, but after hundreds of shots I finally captured what the Matsunosuke Gin and Pearl Gin look like on the Tigerlily when the "lights are on." Note the pearls in the shiro and the scallops of matsunosuke gin in the beni....there are scallops in the shiro and pearls in the beni too, but **** if I can catch them all shining at the same time. Nonetheless, the effect at pondside simply takes the breath away....

Speaking of Matsunosuke Gin, the little Sakai Showa (Dojo) in the foreground has it, though it's barely discernible in this pic--it's all about angle of view. If Dojo had wheeled halfway around, you'd see it very well.
      Very nice, Marie. Thank you.
      -- Carl --

• Remove Ads
        Advertising from Google
        Promoting Koi and Pond
        keeping since 2007

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12