• Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121211218219220221
    Results 4,401 to 4,418 of 4418

Thread: ki shusui project with a twist :)

Koigrl is offline Supporting Member ~ WWKC BOD
      is koigrl is looking forward to
      more snow!

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by OCkoiFan View Post
      She is a beauty domestic koi

Ki Shusui Project : 300k Challenge : 500k Build : Flock Spawn Jamboree : Our Ki Midori Champions

Ten minute video of Russ Peters sexing our future ki shusui oyagoi. : http://youtu.be/AhROs1cjC18

Updated for the 2018 Harvest: What is "ki shusui?" Short version http://www.kishusui.com

Twelve seconds that are the entire point of the last seven years!
      https://youtu.be/zNqTJgM3lpY

If you're reading this, you're on Team Ki.
      Kichi loves company. Max

K-POTY 2013

more snow!

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Matt24 View Post
      Wow, nice! I don't know what to call the pattern other than cool. Good to have you back from your E-cation Max!
      Thanks, Matt!
      Have been checking in multi-times a day and Steve ICU2 has been good enough to reply for me, and Charles saved the day.

I'm glad to be back!!!

Ki Shusui Project : 300k Challenge : 500k Build : Flock Spawn Jamboree : Our Ki Midori Champions

Ten minute video of Russ Peters sexing our future ki shusui oyagoi. : http://youtu.be/AhROs1cjC18

Updated for the 2018 Harvest: What is "ki shusui?" Short version http://www.kishusui.com

Kichi loves company. Max

K-POTY 2013

kevin32 is online now Supporting Member
      is chillin

Feeling:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Koigrl View Post
      Candy, you gave me a big LOL. thanks for the welcome home!

I'm not sure this fish ever reached you, but she was named "Candy" by a koiphriend, cannot remember who.
      She was hatched here, product of a flock spawn, lives is in the Big Pond, aka the Ki Shusui Project pond, and I think she looks like her name. She is a shusui for sure, but I don't know if this pattern has a name.
      Anyone?

In real life, Candy-the-koi and alllllllll the rest are in torpor. Big snow coming in for the weekend.
      Lovely koi. Havent chimed in for awhile. So hi max

DarkStar is offline Supporting Member
      is Comfortably Numb

Feeling:
      ----

Candy, you gave me a big LOL. thanks for the welcome home!

I'm not sure this fish ever reached you, but she was named "Candy" by a koiphriend, cannot remember who.
      She was hatched here, product of a flock spawn, lives is in the Big Pond, aka the Ki Shusui Project pond, and I think she looks like her name. She is a shusui for sure, but I don't know if this pattern has a name.
      Anyone?

In real life, Candy-the-koi and alllllllll the rest are in torpor. Big snow coming in for the weekend.
      Oh Max, I'm in LOVE! Candy Koi The symmetry of her pattern is perfect and the color is outstanding. And just look at that face! What a darling! You mentioned her in an earlier email and you were going to look for the photo but I think that's when your pc started giving you problems; I didn't want to bug you about it.
      Do you know what size she is? Take good care of her. I'd love to see her as one of the queen bees in the pond! Do you think you'll be using her as part of your program?

It's a shame she came from a flock spawn (large variety of types?) ... any idea how to reproduce the pattern? Sorry about the "20 questions", I'm just excited and happy to see her. You've really made my day. Thanks!

Gearing up for the Big Storm? What Zone are you in there? I was wondering if your mud ponds freeze over for the most part during deep winter (except for air vents)?
      I'm in Zone 5, but high elevation (aka The Arctic Tundra of Zone 5 ) so unlike several others here in this zone my outdoor pond has already had ice on it for the last several days. A foot or more of snow isn't going to help.

How are the new books coming along? Do you have any Titles or release dates for us yet? SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK!
      Find Something You Would Die For And Live for It.

more snow!

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
      Lovely koi. Havent chimed in for awhile. So hi max
      Hi, Kevin!
      Miss you, too.
      It's been so long that koiphen is going into my spam folder!!!

how is this computer revolution going to end?
      anybody?

Passwords are one of craziest things ever, imho.
      cognitive function test every day.
      and -- change it. take this crosswalk test! busses! streetlights! storefronts!
      locking you out now!
      prob. due to computer scrambled, my bank acct. logged in in Malaysia. Come onnnnnn.
      locked out before i understood why.
      but i seriously digressed!

Thanks, Kevin. I'm glad to be back!

Kichi loves company. Max

K-POTY 2013

more snow!

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
      Oh Max, I'm in LOVE! Candy Koi The symmetry of her pattern is perfect and the color is outstanding. And just look at that face! What a darling! You mentioned her in an earlier email and you were going to look for the photo but I think that's when your pc started giving you problems; I didn't want to bug you about it.
      Do you know what size she is? Take good care of her. I'd love to see her as one of the queen bees in the pond! Do you think you'll be using her as part of your program?

It's a shame she came from a flock spawn (large variety of types?) ... any idea how to reproduce the pattern? Sorry about the "20 questions", I'm just excited and happy to see her. You've really made my day. Thanks!

Gearing up for the Big Storm? What Zone are you in there? I was wondering if your mud ponds freeze over for the most part during deep winter (except for air vents)?
      I'm in Zone 5, but high elevation (aka The Arctic Tundra of Zone 5 ) so unlike several others here in this zone my outdoor pond has already had ice on it for the last several days. A foot or more of snow isn't going to help.

How are the new books coming along? Do you have any Titles or release dates for us yet? SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK!
      Hi, Candy!
      I'm glad you your namesake! lol
      I wish whoever named "her" will step forward bc honestly, i don't know its sex, but that pattern is uncommon in my experience. really candy-apple red. sports car red.
      Next time we pull the Big Pond I will take more pix with less water in the bowl. About 300 fish are in the Big (or more) so no way to know the parents.

I found some photos of this flock taken a few years back before they muddied up the water. Some are from Japan. Most are their children and grandchildren so --Flock children. All are of ki shusui ingredients, shusui, doitsu yellow ogon, midori, ayawakaba, aKawakaba, ki shusui and a hariwake i love and cannot rehome.

Weather. I'm in zone 5 also and there are dire snow alerts. hoping my husband's train gets in while i can still see! But we've had six foot snow storms before and I'm guess you have had them too. Only eighteen inches forecasted so we should be good. I have ice over parts of ponds, but I'm also running air at the edges so haven't gotten ice rink factor yet!

Books: 18th Abduction coming out beginning of May, 19th coming out in October. Not named yet. 20th on my computer 2/3 done with first pass, will prob. come out in May 2020.
      And more to come. I will be busy!

TV repair is pulling into parking area.
      More soon!
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      Last edited by Koigrl; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:55 PM.

Kichi loves company. Max

K-POTY 2013

DarkStar is offline Supporting Member
      is Comfortably Numb

Feeling:
      ----

Hi Max , I'll answer in Red:

Hi, Candy!
      I'm glad you your namesake! lol
      I wish whoever named "her" will step forward bc honestly, i don't know its sex, but that pattern is uncommon in my experience. really candy-apple red. sports car red.
      Next time we pull the Big Pond I will take more pix with less water in the bowl. Yes! Please Do! I'd really love to see them. About 300 fish are in the Big (or more) so no way to know the parents. << That's too bad, but maybe with a little luck they'll do it again. >>

I found some photos of this flock taken a few years back before they muddied up the water. Some are from Japan. Most are their children and grandchildren so --Flock children. All are of ki shusui ingredients, shusui, doitsu yellow ogon, midori, ayawakaba, aKawakaba, ki shusui and a hariwake i love and cannot rehome. << I don't blame you, I wouldn't part with them either! I have a 20-year-old longfin shusui in my indoor pond that developed a tumor; she isn't so pretty anymore but she suffered through my first terrible pond with a gravel bottom and still lives; I won't part with her so she's right in there with my Show-winner. Love is Love. >>

Weather. I'm in zone 5 also and there are dire snow alerts. hoping my husband's train gets in while i can still see! But we've had six foot snow storms before and I'm guess you have had them too. Only eighteen inches forecasted so we should be good. I have ice over parts of ponds, but I'm also running air at the edges so haven't gotten ice rink factor yet!
      re: ice on pond ~ Thank goodness for that. I hope you are able to get DH back home safely! I remember a few times when they talked about shutting the trains down when the weather got real bad.

Books: 18th Abduction coming out beginning of May, 19th coming out in October. Not named yet. 20th on my computer 2/3 done with first pass, will prob. come out in May 2020. Cool! Thanks for the update!
      And more to come. I will be busy!

TV repair is pulling into parking area. TV repair? Just got your PC fixed. Well at least you break things one at a time rather than all at once. Big Hug!
      More soon!
      Find Something You Would Die For And Live for It.

more snow!

Feeling:
      Awesome

yah, no good with electronics.

Kichi loves company. Max

K-POTY 2013

Nguyen365 is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.

Feeling:
      ----

When’s the next spawning I got dibs on 5 tategoi for grow out

more snow!

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen365 View Post
      I'm eager for the next spawn, but the kids are only 2 y.o. in May. The boys are old enough but the girls are really too young. Still... they live together, so if they're in the mood, you just never know.

Kichi loves company. Max

K-POTY 2013

Euryth is offline Senior Member
      is A Sansai with Grand Champion
      Ambitions!

Feeling:
      ----

I spent the better part of my entire evening going through the last 20 pages or so of this thread and have enjoyed every post along the way, Max! LOVE the way the F2 spawn turned out and can't wait to see how they've developed for the next pull! It's amazing how much the quality of the "canvas" has improved from F1, their shiroji literally glows and makes an excellent background for the ki to be displayed.

I'm actually not surprised you've seen so much change in the same fish in regards to their patterns and ki. Your ki is still fixing itself in your lines, and to top it off, you're also trying to stabilize a "newer" color with different behavior in a doitsu fish. I suspect that's why your Ki Asagi's have turned out so well even as byproducts, as those scales offer more protection and retention for ki pigment cells against the elements and mother nature. F3 should REALLY show some great promise, just as you've expertly planned Maybe this year will be the year I get to come visit during one of the pulls!

Again, LOVE the progress you've made and I will most certainly continue to follow your progress along the way!

cindy is offline Supporting Member
      is :)

Feeling:
      Happy

Mt. Wash. KY - 7 miles outside Louisville
      Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen365 View Post
      I want one of each.
      My opinions in ER and on this forum are mine only. Use my advice at your own discretion.

"Our goal is to assist with emergency and Koi health issues, as well as educate on best practices. Please help us gain a clear picture by giving the original poster time to answer our questions before offering opinions and suggested treatments."

K.O.I.

Member: EIHIOICGI

https://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...nd-Information

https://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...06#post2606106 Show thread

Longfin Lover is offline Senior Member
      is Northern Ponder

Feeling:
      Happy

Just checking to say Hi Max! Love all the colour shots from your pond pulls. Time to hunker down for the rest of the winter. Guess you will be doing a lot of writing.

proudly Canadian

more snow!

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Euryth View Post
      I spent the better part of my entire evening going through the last 20 pages or so of this thread and have enjoyed every post along the way, Max! LOVE the way the F2 spawn turned out and can't wait to see how they've developed for the next pull! It's amazing how much the quality of the "canvas" has improved from F1, their shiroji literally glows and makes an excellent background for the ki to be displayed.

I'm actually not surprised you've seen so much change in the same fish in regards to their patterns and ki. Your ki is still fixing itself in your lines, and to top it off, you're also trying to stabilize a "newer" color with different behavior in a doitsu fish. I suspect that's why your Ki Asagi's have turned out so well even as byproducts, as those scales offer more protection and retention for ki pigment cells against the elements and mother nature. F3 should REALLY show some great promise, just as you've expertly planned Maybe this year will be the year I get to come visit during one of the pulls!

Again, LOVE the progress you've made and I will most certainly continue to follow your progress along the way!
      Hi, Euryth!
      I missed having you at the October pulls with your promised waiters!
      Hah.
      We had good food and wine, plus a little boy about three who went around eating partial cookies and drinking what every he could find of leftover wine coolers while his grandfather counted each and every fish. I'm sure the child's mother who sent him with no cookies instructions and a bag of carrot sticks had a fit when she got her child back.

As for me, seeing 750 of those F2 kids divided into three different ponds, felt like really having cake and not eating it, too. Thanks very much for telling me what you like about them. I keep learning. Gotta do it.

And speaking of ki asagi, my girl Thellonia didn't disappoint. She is product of a flock spawn and I wish i had enough time and water enough to cross her with her sibs and kids.I'm mad for her. And I have a video.

If any of ya'll want to see this 30 second video, I suggest turning off the sound. Trust me. It's all power saws and people talking loudly to be heard and I don't know what else. Probably shut off that saw!!

Euryth! Thanks for great support.

and now, Thellonia.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19U...h61aRJaIwIOnMr

Kichi loves company. Max

K-POTY 2013

more snow!

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by cindy View Post
      I want one of each.
      You are welcome anytime, Cindy!
      btw, my Sparky is lying across me, lifted a paw to to you.

Kichi loves company. Max

K-POTY 2013

more snow!

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Longfin Lover View Post
      Just checking to say Hi Max! Love all the colour shots from your pond pulls. Time to hunker down for the rest of the winter. Guess you will be doing a lot of writing.
      Hi, Marg!
      Trying to write. Love winter for that reason, but forgot how nice it is to just sleep. Fish are at the bottom of the ponds and I hope okay. This looks to be a six-month long winter! I'm sure you've got what I'm having.

Kichi loves company. Max

K-POTY 2013

FRK is offline Supporting Member
      is On the home stretch

Feeling:
      Happy

Welcome back Max! Obviously yo can see you were very, very missed and all are excited you are back. As to the patern type on the "Candy" Shusui, the first term that came to my mind was "Halo".

more snow!

Feeling:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by FRK View Post
      Welcome back Max! Obviously yo can see you were very, very missed and all are excited you are back. As to the patern type on the "Candy" Shusui, the first term that came to my mind was "Halo".
      Thank you!
      And "halo" is a good one, Mike..
      I think "race track" LOL

Kichi loves company. Max

K-POTY 2013

Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121211218219220221