PDA

View Full Version : breeding shusui

franksfish
04-23-2009, 01:32 AM
i Have a beautiful shusui i bought from LiJohn and each year she gets perdier. after reading the koination article that talked about shusui, I have been thinking about breeding her. I read that shusui are formed from black doitsu male and asagi female but can i use shusui to shusiu and throw in a kohaku? the article also said something about a really rare and awsome shusui kohku mix.

LIjohn
04-24-2009, 05:09 AM
i Have a beautiful shusui i bought from LiJohn and each year she gets perdier. after reading the koination article that talked about shusui, I have been thinking about breeding her. I read that shusui are formed from black doitsu male and asagi female but can i use shusui to shusiu and throw in a kohaku? the article also said something about a really rare and awsome shusui kohku mix.

frankie,

don't think i'd do the black doitsu (unless you plan on culling HARD) ... after seeing pics of the way your shushui and a few other customers have turned out over the years, i'm trying for more ... i'm only doing shusui w/ shusui, asagi and it seemed to work well last year .... next time you're over, i think you'll like what you see in the greenhouse... that being said, i've got a BUNCH of black doitsu if you want to give that a shot ... hmmm --- i think you need at least 5 b.d. males per female to get that beautiful blue, though :D:

franksfish
04-25-2009, 02:16 AM
:D: at least 5 maybe 6:bow:

Hirogoi
04-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Post pics, I'd love to see what comes out.