PDA

View Full Version : Fry color?

janine
04-22-2009, 11:14 AM
I know I have mutts, as it was not a controlled spawn. I have managed to keep about 30 alive and well. 3 have survived on there own in the main pond. They don't seem to have alot of color yet, (2 mos) But alot of them look similar, they are yellowish, light colored with one black spot on there heads? Any chance that will turn orange? Some are palish bluish white with black spots also. Will other colors develop from the existing patterns, or do the colors stay the same once they arrive? Not alot of info out there on beginning colors. Also mom and some dads are butterflys, would I have fins showing yet? The biggest one is only about two inches (in pond) the smallest is an inch, and then various lengths inbetween. Thanks for any time you may have to educate me!:bow:

tyco4357
04-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Right now they are a little to small to really see what they are going to look like. Give it some time. If you had a lot of yamabuki and black koi you will get ghost koi.

janine
04-22-2009, 12:53 PM
I tried to figure out what I have (adults) by comparison to the charts. The mom, I think is a blue shusui butterfly. the other fish I have that appear large enough, AKA bekko Orange and black, a Hariwake yellow, and an orange ogon. The fry in the pond appears to have the most colors, it looks, bluish with an orange head and black spots. They all started out light, then some black spotting which seems to be growing, except for the ones with the single black spot on there head. I know it takes time for patterns to come out, I was really just curious about the ones with the spots on their heads, too many exactly the same to be random, wondered if it a revert back to a common carp trait?

libralady
06-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Right now they are a little to small to really see what they are going to look like. Give it some time. If you had a lot of yamabuki and black koi you will get ghost koi.

Are ghost koi all black with streaking on their heads?