PDA

View Full Version : Kin Showa I am purchasing

Ethan25
02-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Nisai, 14", female, breeder is Mano.

let 'er rip.

I'll get more/better pictures when she arrives in two months.

CHICHI
02-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Nisai, 14", female, breeder is Mano.

let 'er rip.

I'll get more/better pictures when she arrives in two months.

Was this Pic Posted before Ethan ? :confused: or part of another thread ?

Hirogoi
02-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Mouth looks a little off center, could be the pic though. Eyes are a bit far forward. I like it Ethan, but I think you're gonna get another football fish. If you divided it into three you'd have all three colors in each section. It's nice that it has actual red instead of orange. I always see orange on kin showa instead of red. CHICHI, he posted it before.

slmtrm
02-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Check the mouth..........It might have Parrot Mouth Syndrome:eek1::eek1:

Aussies5
02-17-2009, 07:41 PM
Ethan, were you digging in your back yard and found the pot of gold.

New car, new fish, what next?

I am not sure what a Kin Showa is, I think Russ explained it last week when you posted a picture.

Nisei and only 14"? All of the Nisei that I have purchased have been 20" and over.

Hirogoi
02-17-2009, 07:42 PM
A kin showa is a metallic showa.

koiman1950
02-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Ethan, were you digging in your back yard and found the pot of gold.

New car, new fish, what next?

I am not sure what a Kin Showa is, I think Russ explained it last week when you posted a picture.

Nisei and only 14"? All of the Nisei that I have purchased have been 20" and over.

This growth is actually typical of Hikari varieties. It also depends on what the breeder does with his fish during the winter (heat/food).

If you took the metallic sheen from a nice Kujyaku and added it to a showa, this is what you'd have.

I think the mouth on this fish is fine, it's just the photo that makes it look screwed up. And, as far as the eyes are concerned, I think it's because the fish is angled slightly downward at the head.

Look forward to your posting new photos when it comes home. Enjoy.

Ethan25
02-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Mouth looks a little off center, could be the pic though. Eyes are a bit far forward. I like it Ethan, but I think you're gonna get another football fish. If you divided it into three you'd have all three colors in each section. It's nice that it has actual red instead of orange. I always see orange on kin showa instead of red. CHICHI, he posted it before.

I think it actually has a nice long body for a showa, to be honest.

????

Ethan25
02-17-2009, 09:04 PM
This growth is actually typical of Hikari varieties. It also depends on what the breeder does with his fish during the winter (heat/food).

If you took the metallic sheen from a nice Kujyaku and added it to a showa, this is what you'd have.

I think the mouth on this fish is fine, it's just the photo that makes it look screwed up. And, as far as the eyes are concerned, I think it's because the fish is angled slightly downward at the head.

Look forward to your posting new photos when it comes home. Enjoy.

Thanks. Should get to 18-19 inches by summers in AT LEAST in my pond. It'll be fun.

Norm Walsh
02-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Ethan, I think you picked the best one of the bunch:clap::cool:

koiman1950
02-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Ethan, I think you picked the best one of the bunch:clap::cool:

And according to the "gurus" on Koi Bito as well!

Ethan25
02-17-2009, 09:54 PM
And according to the "gurus" on Koi Bito as well!

;)

This is the thread where I was considering which one to purchase.

http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91884&page=1

Ethan25
04-20-2009, 02:40 PM
my dealer called and said it has come in.

I'll let you all know when I can pick it up. he is quarantining for a while.

Aussies5
04-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Nice fish. Do not mention your Dealer's name, if someone wants to know send a PM.

IS YOUR POND DONE?

Ethan25
04-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Nice fish. Do not mention your Dealer's name, if someone wants to know send a PM.

IS YOUR POND DONE?

almost!

by the weekend, I think. Fish won't go in for a little after that, as I will need to get it filled with temps at a decent level.