PDA

View Full Version : Greater Louisville Koi & Goldfish Show May 23- 24 2009

Pages : [1] 2

Headache
02-11-2009, 03:37 PM
The 14th Annual AKCA - Greater Louisville Koi & Goldfish Show will be held on Memorial Day Weekend (May 23rd - 24th , 2009) .

Year after Year this Show has been one of the "Don't Miss" Koi & Goldfish Show's of the Year . Although the Show is held on Sat. & Sun. , the Welcoming Party on Friday Evening has become as big of a Hit as the Show itself . Last years Welcoming Party had around 100 people , so you mite want to consider getting to Louisville early to attend this Fun Opening Event of the Weekend .

The Clubs first meeting of the Year is Feb. 12th and Information will be listed here as it becomes available .

Note : I thought I'd start a Thread that members could follow to find information on the Show .

Troy

Rudy
02-11-2009, 03:38 PM
:punk1::clap::clap:

cindy
02-11-2009, 03:53 PM
already working on my table

http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90798&highlight=louisville

rosekoi
02-11-2009, 04:01 PM
We are going :clap:although it may only be one day.

cindy
02-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Mr. Headache is our new president! He'll do a wonderful job!

pskorf
02-11-2009, 04:38 PM
can i rent a 6 or 8 ft tank for goldfish?(i have MANY)maybe i will call them size 1 or 2 longfins

..Ethan will want one also for his top view fancies also:harhar:

cas403
02-11-2009, 05:07 PM
:punk1::clap::clap:

See you there bro:punk1: and I'm bringing my party hat....Gary I'll be coming in on Thursday...

Mollie
02-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Looking foward to it and counting down the days.

Headache
02-13-2009, 12:11 PM
The Koi Judging will Be Headed by Galen Hansen . Mr. Hansen became Certified as a AKCA Judge in 1994 . Besides Judging many Shows in America , Mr. Hansen has judged in Australia & Japan .

The other Judges (Koi & Goldfish) will be Listed here as they become available .

Troy

Susan Reed
02-13-2009, 04:02 PM
When we will be able to reserve our tanks? Please put us down for 2 :cool:

cindy
02-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Sorry I missed last night, looking forward to an update

Headache
02-13-2009, 05:33 PM
When we will be able to reserve our tanks? Please put us down for 2 :cool:

We have both 6ft. & 8ft. Show Tanks available . If you visit our Clubs Web-page at www.louisvillekoiclub.com you can print a entry form from there . Look under (Koi Show) .

Although we have Tanks available now , this will begin to change very soon . I'd suggest anyone who wants to know for sure they have a Show Tank in their Name , send in the Entry Form pretty soon .

Troy

Susan Reed
02-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Question on the banquet......will this be the same price as you had for last year or will it change? Reason I am asking is you have the menu & price up for 2008.

Headache
02-13-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm 99% sure all Prices will be the same (Tank Rental & Awards Dinner) for 2009 . If you can give me a week or two I'll know 100% for sure .

We have had some issues getting the Web-Page updated (Sorry) , we'll try to get this done very soon .

Thanks , Troy

Headache
02-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Tank rental cost (Koi & Goldfish) will remain the same as last years . Also the Awards Dinner cost is the same as last years .

Cindy & I are working on other Hotel options and we hope to have that posted soon .

Troy

cindy
02-18-2009, 09:49 AM
We have alot of first timers coming this year! :cheer:

Mollie
02-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Hey guys can't wait, Troy I shall come with gifts for you LOL hint it want be the number 20

Headache
02-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Here is the Hotel Information some of you have been waiting for .

We have Blocked rooms at The Jameson Inn . This is right across the Street from the Holiday Inn which was the Hotel for the last couple years . This is a nice (clean) property that I believe will fit the needs of most our friends that will be visiting us this May .

We have both King & Double Bed Rooms held (I would suggest calling early to get the type room you prefer) . The phone # for the Jameson Inn is (502)-968-4100 , ask for the "Louisville Koi Show" Rate . The rate is the same as last year ($69 + Tax) . I feel this is a great rate for what this property has to offer (Listed Below). This rate is blocked until April 17th . If anyone has a issue when calling the Hotel , ask for Kristine Vowels (Dir. of Sales) or PM Cindy or Me .

This Hotel is near the Show Site and has several dining options within walking distance .

Complimentary Deluxe Breakfast : Belgain Waffles & Biscuits/Gravy , Etc. .

All rooms have Microwaves , Refrigerator , Coffeemaker , Iron/Board & Hairdryer .

25" TV's w/HBO

Outdoor Pool

Guest Fitness Room

Airport Shuttle

I hope you find this is a better option then what we have had in the past couple years .

Troy

Susan Reed
02-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Do they accept pets?

Headache
02-20-2009, 12:40 PM
do they accept pets?

yes !

Limpet
02-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Susan, Troy and whoever else is interested.....Last year Rick and I stopped by the Jameson Inn after leaving the Holiday Inn to inquire about animals. (As most of you know - we have 2 shelties that LLLOOOVVVEEE to go with us) Yes, animals are allowed,..but they do charge a $15.00 per pet per stay fee - it is not refundable. However, the negoitated rate above is better than their rack rate (which was 75.99 last year) so I think that is where Rick and I and the little ones will be. (Note the White Castle won't be on the SAME property,...but I think I can still find my way. LOL! :cool::punk1::cheer:

Janis

cindy
02-20-2009, 02:42 PM
good job Troy!

Ethan25
02-23-2009, 04:14 PM
:bump:

Russell Peters
02-23-2009, 04:34 PM
:bump:

Ethan, will you be attending?

BruceP
02-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Does the Jameson have free wireless internet? if not free how much is it?

Headache
02-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Does the Jameson have free wireless internet? if not free how much is it?

Bruce ,

The Amenities Sheet I was provided says Complimentary WI-FI Access w/ work stations in every room . I hope that means Free !;)

Mollie
02-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Susan, Troy and whoever else is interested.....Last year Rick and I stopped by the Jameson Inn after leaving the Holiday Inn to inquire about animals. (As most of you know - we have 2 shelties that LLLOOOVVVEEE to go with us) Yes, animals are allowed,..but they do charge a $15.00 per pet per stay fee - it is not refundable. However, the negoitated rate above is better than their rack rate (which was 75.99 last year) so I think that is where Rick and I and the little ones will be. (Note the White Castle won't be on the SAME property,...but I think I can still find my way. LOL! :cool::punk1::cheer:

Janis

Janis I did not even tyr them last year but I am going to this time LOL, looking foward to seeing you.

Rudy
02-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Bump

:punk1:

Headache
02-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Wanted to share some of the changes we have made to the Koi Awards this Year . We feel these changes will encourage Hobbyist to bring more Non-Gosanke Varieties and Sizes that sometimes can be overlooked at Shows .

We have decided to add the following Awards to our regular list of Awards this Year :

Junior Champion "B"

Baby Champion "B"

Jumbo Award

Mature Champion (This will come from a Size 5 Koi only) . We felt that Size 5 koi really have only one chance for a Award (Best in Size) , so this should allow another Koi of this size to Win a Major Award .

Noahsnana
02-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Nice additions Troy... hope to see you there

HAMMERHEAD
02-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Wanted to share some of the changes we have made to the Koi Awards this Year . We feel these changes will encourage Hobbyist to bring more Non-Gosanke Varieties and Sizes that sometimes can be overlooked at Shows .

We have decided to add the following Awards to our regular list of Awards this Year :

Junior Champion "B"

Baby Champion "B"

Jumbo Award

Mature Champion (This will come from a Size 5 Koi only) . We felt that Size 5 koi really have only one chance for a Award (Best in Size) , so this should allow another Koi of this size to Win a Major Award .

Great ideas Troy...its nice to see clubs change it up a bit :yes:

BruceP
02-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Troy.. would list inch range to class size # for us?
Thanx :)

Headache
02-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Koi :

Size 1 - Up to 8"
Size 2 - 8" to 12"
Baby Champions (A & B) will be from Size 1 & 2
Size 3 - 12" to 16"
Size 4 - 16" to 20"
Junior Champions (A & B) will be from Size 3 & 4
Size 5 - 20" to 24"
Mature Champion will come from Size 5
Size 6 - 24" and over
Grand Champions (A & B) , RGC will come from Size 5 & 6

We will measure all koi this year to see if a Size 7 (28" and above) needs to be added for 2010 .

Goldfish :

Grand Champion (from over or under 3" size)
Reserve Champion (same as above)
Best over 3"
best under 3"
Most Unique

Ribbons for Best in Variety

cindy
03-05-2009, 09:28 AM
meeting tonight!

moussecasey
03-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Our vacation plans have changed & it appears we (me + linuxrocks/marty + family) might make it to the show on Sunday. :clap:
it will be our first time at this show. sounds like it will be fun.

Headache
03-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Just found out we are having a News Crew (WHAS 11) at the Show Site Friday morning. They will be doing 4 or 5 live spots that last 4 to 5 minutes each. I believe this will bring in many new hobbyist to our show & help the Vendors with extra sells !!!

Speaking of Vendors , I was told last night that 18 spots have been sold which leaves just a handfull of spots left in the Vendors Tent. I didnt catch any names of vendors , but we should have a nice variety as we have in the past years.

Troy

cindy
03-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Super news on WHAS.

Thanks the reminder. I submitted our event to the Ky Living magazine. Our electric company calendar for us and surrounding counties.

Maryanne
03-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Our vacation plans have changed & it appears we (me + linuxrocks/marty + family) might make it to the show on Sunday. :clap:
it will be our first time at this show. sounds like it will be fun.

Look forward to seeing a fellow New Yorker!

moussecasey
03-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Look forward to seeing a fellow New Yorker!

:clap::cheer::yahoo:
so who all will be there & which days?
is there some kind of koiphen get together?

cindy
03-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Friday night is kinda the unofficial start of the show, we do a shrimp, bbq buffet.

Headache
03-13-2009, 04:37 PM
I remember a few years ago when Friday Night at the Show was a dozen or so people sharing a meal.

The last two years it's been around 80 people or more (Club Members , Vendors & Guest/Friends) having a wonderful meal together after a long days work or travel.

Bring on the Shrimp !

cindy
03-26-2009, 10:51 AM
I remember a few years ago when Friday Night at the Show was a dozen or so people sharing a meal.

The last two years it's been around 80 people or more (Club Members , Vendors & Guest/Friends) having a wonderful meal together after a long days work or travel.

Bring on the Shrimp !
:cheer:

Headache
03-26-2009, 10:54 AM
The Awards Dinner has been planned : The cost has stayed the same ($35 per. person)

Grilled Steak & Chicken
Green Beans w/ham
Corn on the Cob
Baked Potatoes (butter / sour cream)
Dinner Rolls
Tossed Salad (3 types of dressing)
Dessert (apple , peach & Blackberry Cobbler w/ice cream)

Again this Year will be "All you can eat" .

Troy

Maryanne
03-26-2009, 12:00 PM
The Awards Dinner has been planned : The cost has stayed the same ($35 per. person)

Grilled Steak & Chicken
Green Beans w/ham
Corn on the Cob
Baked Potatoes (butter / sour cream)
Dinner Rolls
Tossed Salad (3 types of dressing)
Dessert (apple , peach & Blackberry Cobbler w/ice cream)

Again this Year will be "All you can eat" .

Troy

:clap:

Food was excellent last year!!

Headache
03-27-2009, 10:10 AM

Thank's , We have used the same Caterer for 5 years . We have been very happy with them and glad to hear our guest have been also .

Troy

Mollie
03-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Hiya Troy do you have the vendor list yet?

Rudy
03-27-2009, 09:01 PM

How sweet for her to tell me now ... I couldn't eat then :no:

Headache
04-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Hiya Troy do you have the vendor list yet?

I'm trying to get a list together , I have someone handling the vendors and he hasn't forwarded the list to me yet .

Troy

EricT
04-03-2009, 02:06 PM
whats the cost to get in the show??

Headache
04-03-2009, 04:34 PM
whats the cost to get in the show??

There is No cost to get in the Show .

Now what you end up spending in the vendors area is another thing . ;)

Troy

cindy
04-04-2009, 12:00 AM
How sweet for her to tell me now ... I couldn't eat then :no:
Poor sweetie, I ate for you

tracey_shafer
04-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Poor sweetie, I ate for you
You are the perfect hostess Cindy, you take care of everybody.:D:

EricT
04-05-2009, 11:34 AM
There is No cost to get in the Show .

Now what you end up spending in the vendors area is another thing . ;)

Troy

i doubt i will be buying from the vendors this year.. maybe next:rolleyes:

Rudy
04-05-2009, 05:05 PM
You are the perfect hostess Cindy, you take care of everybody.:D:

Yup ... she also provides a dating service that is worth more than the Hotel charges.

First class to the door is what I'm talkin' about. :punk1::D:

cindy
04-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Yup ... she also provides a dating service that is worth more than the Hotel charges.

First class to the door is what I'm talkin' about. :punk1::D:

sssshhhhhh

Maryanne
04-06-2009, 11:39 AM
;)

Headache
04-06-2009, 04:19 PM

We have Blocked rooms at The Jameson Inn . This is right across the Street from the Holiday Inn which was the Hotel for the last couple years . This is a nice (clean) property that I believe will fit the needs of most our friends that will be visiting us this May .

We have both King & Double Bed Rooms held (I would suggest calling early to get the type room you prefer) . The phone # for the Jameson Inn is (502)-968-4100 , ask for the "Louisville Koi Show" Rate . The rate is the same as last year ($69 + Tax) . I feel this is a great rate for what this property has to offer (Listed Below). This rate is blocked until April 17th . If anyone has a issue when calling the Hotel , ask for Kristine Vowels (Dir. of Sales) or PM Cindy or Me .

This Hotel is near the Show Site and has several dining options within walking distance .

All rooms have Microwaves , Refrigerator , Coffeemaker , Iron/Board & Hairdryer .

25" TV's w/HBO

Outdoor Pool

Guest Fitness Room

Airport Shuttle

I hope you find this is a better option then what we have had in the past couple years .

Troy

The "Blocked" date for the Hotel is April 17th . This is a nice Hotel at a good rate .

Troy

Lari
04-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by the blocked date Troy? Does that mean wait till April 17 to make reservations, or make them BY April 17th?

Tarheel Fish
04-06-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by the blocked date Troy? Does that mean wait till April 17 to make reservations, or make them BY April 17th?

make by april 17th...to get koi show rate

Headache
04-07-2009, 10:08 AM

As stated above , Make reservation before (by) that date to get the discounted rate .

cindy
04-08-2009, 08:53 AM
meeting Thursday night and updates!

Lizzie
04-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Just a note to let you know we will be thinking about the show--BUT--will be on our way to ALASKA for a well deserved vacation this year. Have a great time--and we will try to be in town for next year!
Lizzie and Roddy

cindy
04-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Lizzie, sounds like fun.

I know 2010 is the Nashville seminar, its about the time of our show.

Headache
04-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Vendor List :

PSKoi (Russell) - Many Varieties of High Quality Koi from Japan
Tarheel Koi Farm (Large Variety of Koi & Longfins , Hikari Food & EA Nets)
Fishey Business (Pond Supplies , Fish Food , Koi)
Koiacres & Anjon (Koi from Marudo & other Japanese Breeders , Koi & Pond Supplies)
Southwest Koi (Koi & Goldfish)
Kloubec Koi Farm (Breeder of many Varieties of Koi)
RanchumaniaxGoldfish)
Kirkwood Gifts (Embroidered Items)
Enchanted Water Gardens (Pond Supplies , Water Plants)
Western Carolina Koi (Large Variety of Koi)
Louisville Bonsai (Bonsai)

This list will be updated , as there are a couple Vendors we are waiting to hear back from .

Troy

cindy
04-10-2009, 11:50 AM
good meeting last night Troy, great crowd

Headache
04-10-2009, 12:24 PM
good meeting last night Troy, great crowd

Yes , I'll agree ! It's nice to see so many members coming out to the meetings . I believe most left thinking "Can't wait for the next meeting" .

Looks like the Show is coming together as we had hoped .

Koi Acres
04-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Vendor List :

Koiacres & Anjon (Koi from Marudo & other Japanese Breeders , Koi & Pond Supplies)
Ranchumaniax(Goldfish)
Tarheel Fish

This list will be updated , as there are a couple Vendors we are waiting to hear back from .

Troy

Anjon pond supplies will be there also in our booth.

Headache
04-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks Mike , I've updated my post .

Troy

Tarheel Fish
04-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Vendor List :

Ranchumaniax (Goldfish)
Tarheel Fish

Troy

we will be there "1st year" selling large variety of koi and longfins plus hikari food and ea nets

ron

Headache
04-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Ron , I'm sorry to have left you off my list .

Your on it now ,

Troy

Lari
04-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Our reservations are made!

Headache
04-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Just spoke with Russell , Kari & Rus will be Vendors at our Show again this Year .

I'm sure just like last year Rus has something (Koi) up his sleeves . Can't wait to see what they bring !:cool:

csweetr
04-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Ernest, myself and Lady M are going to be there can't wait to see everyone again. Can someone send me the address to where it is going to be, Map to Location isn't working on the website. Thank you

cindy
04-12-2009, 08:48 PM

the parking is at the high school
Moore High
6415 Outer Loop
Louisville, KY 40228

csweetr
04-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Thank you cindy now I can put it in our GPS so I don't get lost.

the parking is at the high school
Moore High
6415 Outer Loop
Louisville, KY 40228

Joey S
04-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Ernest, myself and Lady M are going to be there can't wait to see everyone again. Can someone send me the address to where it is going to be, Map to Location isn't working on the website. Thank you
Colleen...will be nice to see you again. Have you made hotel reservations? Gotta take one show at a time. Next one is in GA, but after that we'll be on our way to L'ville.:clap::yahoo:

csweetr
04-12-2009, 09:29 PM
I made my hotel reservations today. When is the Ga one?

Colleen...will be nice to see you again. Have you made hotel reservations? Gotta take one show at a time. Next one is in GA, but after that we'll be on our way to L'ville.:clap::yahoo:

Joey S
04-12-2009, 09:59 PM
I made my hotel reservations today. When is the Ga one?Middle GA Show - end of the month...May 1st...Y'all come.

Headache
04-13-2009, 10:24 AM
We now have the Clubs Web-site updated (www.louisvillekoiclub.com) . Under the heading "Koi Show" go to the bottom of the page , you will find all the material you need about the show , hotel info , etc. .

Troy

cindy
04-13-2009, 11:37 AM
site looks nice!

Headache
04-13-2009, 02:47 PM
The Hobbies Good Friends at Quality Koi Farm has had to cancel their visit to our Show as vendors because of a scheduling conflict . Mat & the group at Quality Koi felt bad and have decided to send the Louisville Club a selection of High Quality Tosai to be Auctioned at our show on Sunday afternoon .

I can't think of many more reasons to stay later at our Show Sunday afternoon then to have a chance to Win one of these quality koi . :yahoo:

:bow:Thank You Quality Koi Co./Nisei Koi Farm :bow:

A couple samples of Koi from NKF (not what will be auctioned) .

cindy
04-13-2009, 02:48 PM
thats super!

moussecasey
04-13-2009, 02:49 PM
cool. we'll be there on sunday :clap:

Mollie
04-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks for all the updates Troy, counting down the days and even got that #14 shirt ready LOL.

Headache
04-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Glad to hear so many people are planning to come to our show , Again !

We have recieved so much support from Vendors , Hobbyist , Etc. .

Thanks to All ,

Troy

cindy
04-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Did the postcards come?

Headache
04-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Here are what the Postcards look like this year . We have ordered 2,000 of them to be placed all over the City (mainly Pond Stores , Pet Stores & Nurseries). Our hope is this will get the word out even more which will increase Club membership & Vendor sells .

Photos are Courtesy of KoiUSA

Ethan25
04-14-2009, 04:09 PM
man, I wish I could bring some of my ryukins and my red capped oranda down there....

Russell Peters
04-15-2009, 12:33 AM
Just spoke with Russell , Kari & Rus will be Vendors at our Show again this Year .

I'm sure just like last year Rus has something (Koi) up his sleeves . Can't wait to see what they bring !:cool:

Yes, PSKoi will be there and Mr. Sakai is sending us an order of Koi specifically for this show.:yahoo::clap::cool3:

graybird
04-15-2009, 01:03 AM
I'm so glad the eastern half of the U.S. will get a chance to see what a gem we have in Peters & Sons!

Marilyn
04-15-2009, 01:14 AM
Yes, PSKoi will be there and Mr. Sakai is sending us an order of Koi specifically for this show.:yahoo::clap::cool3:

Oooh, this is gonna be fun. I can't wait to attend! :clap:

Mollie
04-15-2009, 05:51 AM
Russell its gonna be great to see you two again and the fish you are going to have for sale, you had some beauties last year. Troy save me a couple of the post cards for mine and Zada's scrap book. I am bringing a couple of dishes well so to speak one I will be fixing when I get there the other is a scratch cake figure it will help out Friday. Plus a few other things. Don and I are at your disposal so any thing you all need us just yell.Zada also but sure she will do more deconstruction than construction LOL. Cant wait to see all my old friends and looking foward to meeting more.

Headache
04-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Mollie , Thank you for your support of our Show .

I'm surprised about all the PM's , etc. I have recieved from the Hobbyist coming to the Show , asking what can they do to help when they get here .

Thanks to everyone for their Support

Troy

cindy
04-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Kari!!!

Troy, Kenneth is coming from the Indiana club again to help and has invited us to their show. I forwarded the email :cheer:

Indykoi
04-15-2009, 12:06 PM
what times are the shows? and what is the cost to get in for a day. my hubby and I put in a water garden about 3 yrs. ago and feel in love with all of it! im hooked!!

cindy
04-15-2009, 12:30 PM
our show is free, only cost is Saturday nights buffet because we have it catered. Steaks and chicken, cook out style.

Let me grab the schedule. It runs Sat and Sun, unofficially starting Friday night

cindy
04-15-2009, 12:32 PM
GREATER LOUISVILLE KOI & GOLDFISH SOCIETY
14TH ANNUAL SHOW
MAY 23/24, 2009
SHOW HOURS – Saturday - 10:00 A.M. TO 5:00 P.M.
SHOW HOURS – Sunday - 10:00 A.M. TO 3:00 P.M.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
KOI & GOLDFISH TENTS:
Saturday, May 23rd: Judging of the goldfish will begin at approximately 9:00 a.m. and the koi judging
will begin at approximately 11:00 a.m. Please do not enter the show tents until the judging process has been
completed. Viewing of the fiish is allowed outside the tent during judging. Open to the public.
Sunday, May 24th: Open to the public to allow viewing of the fish.
VENDOR TENT:
Open to the public both days from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on
Sunday.
CONCESSIONS:
Open to the public both days during show hours
RAFFLES & AUCTIONS:
Raffle tickets will be sold both days with drawings held at 12:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m. Must be present to win. The
auction will be held on Sunday, May 24th at approximately 2:30 p.m.

Headache
04-16-2009, 09:52 AM
For those that are trying to download info from our Site and having trouble . I was told that the Site is recieving many Hits right now and this could be the issue . Please try again but if you have trouble again please PM Cindy or me to get the info you need .

I guess we'll call this Growing Pains

Thanks , Troy

Marilyn
04-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Too many hits is a good thing. ;) I can't wait to meet everyone. :yahoo:

cindy
04-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Troy
Cindy
Mike P
Carrie
Rosekoi
Mollie
Marilyn
Gary
Rudy
Maryanne
Lari
Bruce
Janice
Rick
Kenneth L (Indiana club)
Mousecasey
Russell
Kari
Ernest
Colleen
Lady M
Lois
Steve

Vendor List :

Ranchumaniax (Goldfish)

This list will be updated , as there are a couple Vendors we are waiting to hear back from

cindy
04-16-2009, 11:07 AM

Bring on the Shrimp !:cheer:

moussecasey
04-16-2009, 11:45 AM
so, is the banquet friday night or saturday night? what time?

cindy
04-16-2009, 01:48 PM
We have a cookout/shrimp boil/sausage drinks buffet Friday night for vendors, members and whoever is there, free but we accept tips. Paid banquet where we let someone else cook is Saturday night.

cindy
04-16-2009, 01:51 PM
http://www.louisvillekoiclub.com/Show/PDF%20Files/Banquet%20Information.pdf

7:30 steak and chicken on the grill

moussecasey
04-16-2009, 02:51 PM
thanks cindy. couldn't get on the website.
when do we need to have the reservation sheet/payment in by?
not sure yet if we can make it saturday night.

cindy
04-16-2009, 03:59 PM
At least a few days before so Carolyn can let the caterer know.

Headache
04-17-2009, 04:39 PM

25" TV's w/HBO

Outdoor Pool

Guest Fitness Room

Airport Shuttle

Troy

Because of Website issues the Jameson Inn has agreed to extend the Blocked rate until May 8th. . Remember to ask for the "Louisville Koi show" rate .

34 Days Away , Are you Ready ?

Rudy
04-17-2009, 07:04 PM
Because of Website issues the Jameson Inn has agreed to extend the Blocked rate until May 8th. . Remember to ask for the "Louisville Koi show" rate .

34 Days Away , Are you Ready ?

Great maybe that will be enough time for Maryanne to figure out when she is leaving so I can make reservations. VERY :rolleyes:

:harhar: M

OH, thanks H.A. :cool3:

Joey S
04-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Golly how time flies...gotta get a hotel reservation. I can't remember where we stayed last time. Is the Jameson new? the prefered hotel?

Maryanne
04-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Great maybe that will be enough time for Maryanne to figure out when she is leaving so I can make reservations. VERY :rolleyes:

:harhar: M

OH, thanks H.A. :cool3:

HA!!!!!
I saw that post of Troy's so I knew I could procrastinate longer!!!!:harhar:

Rudy
04-17-2009, 08:29 PM
HA!!!!!
I saw that post of Troy's so I knew I could procrastinate longer!!!!:harhar:

eat me :harhar: ... you did not .

That was 3 or 4 hours ago and I talked to you much earlier ... like a few DAYS :eek1:

Typical woman b.s. :whistle:

:D:

Headache
04-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Golly how time flies...gotta get a hotel reservation. I can't remember where we stayed last time. Is the Jameson new? the prefered hotel?

This seemed like a very nice hotel for the same price as that other place :rolleyes:from the past years . From what I can tell , most people that post here are staying there .

The main thing is it seemed Clean !

BruceP
04-18-2009, 07:34 AM
CLean is good :D:

gatorlover
04-18-2009, 08:22 AM
I was making plans to come to the show and daughter was coming with me and then we were going to visit friends in Indiana while up there. But son's daughter graduates on Fri night. Can't miss that. So maybe next year. Grandchildren informed me that between the 5 of them we would have a graduation for one of them for the next 13 years. So hopefully it won't conflict next year.

Indykoi
04-21-2009, 10:04 PM
thanks cindy.. I/we would love to go. Not sure yet..

Mollie
04-22-2009, 06:25 AM
Troy
Cindy
Mike P
Carrie
Rosekoi
Mollie
Marilyn
Gary
Rudy
Maryanne
Lari
Bruce
Janice
Rick
Kenneth L (Indiana club)
Mousecasey
Russell
Kari
Ernest
Colleen
Lady M
Lois
Steve

Vendor List :

Ranchumaniax(Goldfish)
PSkoi

This list will be updated , as there are a couple Vendors we are waiting to hear back from

:cheer::cheer::cheer::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::punk1:: punk1::punk1:

Russell Peters
04-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Troy
Cindy
Mike P
Carrie
Rosekoi
Mollie
Marilyn
Gary
Rudy
Maryanne
Lari
Bruce
Janice
Rick
Kenneth L (Indiana club)
Mousecasey
Russell
Kari
Ernest
Colleen
Lady M
Lois
Steve

Vendor List :

Ranchumaniax (Goldfish)
Pskoi

Hey, PSKoi is not on the vendor list. I sent my form in a week ago.:D:

Noahsnana
04-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Still trying... MIL is not to long out of ICU and gaining strength. So we are still hoping to get there but it is iffy

Rudy
04-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Still trying... MIL is not to long out of ICU and gaining strength. So we are still hoping to get there but it is iffy

:shrug: What's the sense of being there if I can't be bad in front of you all close and personal. :harhar:;)

I say the powers to be will lead us in the same direction some day cutie. ;)

cindy
04-26-2009, 03:29 PM
hoping you make it.

Just came in from outside, its 88 degrees

ranchumaniax
04-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Troy
Cindy
Mike P
Carrie
Rosekoi
Mollie
Marilyn
Gary
Rudy
Maryanne
Lari
Bruce
Janice
Rick
Kenneth L (Indiana club)
Mousecasey
Russell
Kari
Ernest
Colleen
Lady M
Lois
Steve

Vendor List :

Ranchumaniax (Goldfish)
PSkoi

Ranchu man (Goldfish) ==Correction==> Ranchumaniax (Thai Bred Japanese Goldfish)

cindy
04-27-2009, 03:21 PM
website? :cheer:

BruceP
04-27-2009, 05:20 PM
http://www.ranchumaniax.com/

Joey S
04-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Made my hotel reservations...

ranchumaniax
04-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Sneak-Preview of fish that will be there!

Part I;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31242vhkz9M

Part II;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMOqo1JZfRg

Part III;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q14BVmMlL_o

Part IV;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdwKmM5SkAQ

cindy
04-28-2009, 09:55 AM
dang you, I can't see you tube, heading to your site

BruceP
04-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Great, Lois.... it will be good to see you and Pop again :)

Rudy
04-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Just in case the room I got will allow LUKAS :eek1: if need be.

He's a good boy and anyone of you that met him knows that, but there may be restrictions at the show. It is after all at someones home.

I'm sure he'll be very comfy in a hotel bed ... always has. :cool3:

OH YA, M can be there also :D::cheer:

Headache
04-29-2009, 10:38 AM
The Vendors Tent is completely Sold Out ! Looks like a good variety of Vendors this year with something for everyone .

I recieved a e-mail last night from our friends from AES . They are donating (2) $50 Gift Cert. for our Raffle Booth .

We have also decided to Raffle 1 or 2 of the Quality Koi Farm Tosai Koi so it won't take a Bid of hundreds of dollars to Win one of these excellent Koi , just have that special raffle ticket .

Headache
04-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Show Tank space is getting slim , get your name on a Tank soon !

Hotel room rate is blocked until May 8th , stay there and hang out with friends .

Ethan25
04-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Nice work, Troy!

Headache
04-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Nice work, Troy!

Ethan ,

Thank You , But we have a great team of club members that are getting the job done .

cindy
04-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Just in case the room I got will allow LUKAS :eek1: if need be.

He's a good boy and anyone of you that met him knows that, but there may be restrictions at the show. It is after all at someones home.

I'm sure he'll be very comfy in a hotel bed ... always has. :cool3:

OH YA, M can be there also :D::cheer:
Rudy, plenty of dogs at the show. As long as he uses the boys room and keeps you close, I wouldn't think there would be a problem.

Lari
05-03-2009, 07:23 PM
I look forward to meeting Lukas. I've only seen him in pics, but he's just a neat looking soul to be sure!

Rudy
05-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Rudy, plenty of dogs at the show. As long as he uses the boys room and keeps you close, I wouldn't think there would be a problem.

Just as long as the wonderful hosts will be OK. The times he is there will be the times he can't steal the show and totally attached to me or a handler :chin: someone from near St. Louise :clap:. I think they may want to keep him, every one tells me that but he still ends up at home with me.

I look forward to meeting Lukas. I've only seen him in pics, but he's just a neat looking soul to be sure!

Where was he when you came over ? :confused:

Headache
05-04-2009, 10:46 AM
List of Hobbyist Showing from this Site :

Susan Reed - Koi
BruceP & Lari - Both Koi & Goldfish
Mike P. - Koi
Rudy - Koi
Paul Korf - Koi & Goldfish
Headache - Koi
Carrie - Koi
Don D. (Wildcat60) - Koi
Cindy - Goldfish ?
GoFish - Koi

I'll add to this list as I remember who else is showing .

Troy

BruceP
05-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Rudy is showing? Didnt know there was a Size 8 class... ;)

Joey S
05-04-2009, 05:52 PM
:D::To funny: :To funny: Did anyone tell Rudy that Lukas is too big for a tank?

Rudy
05-04-2009, 06:03 PM

:eek1:

:To funny: :To funny: Did anyone tell Rudy that Lukas is too big for a tank?

Rudy knows but he only has a short time to get Lukas to remember that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFwEn3ZPN_U

Lari
05-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Where was he when you came over ? :confused:

In the house, but you didn't want to upset him by letting him know you were home only temporarily so we didn't meet.

Rudy
05-04-2009, 06:35 PM
In the house, but you didn't want to upset him by letting him know you were home only temporarily so we didn't meet.

Yup and thanx. Now I'm a tad less :confused: than nrmal.

Mollie
05-04-2009, 06:39 PM
I can not wait to meet Lucas

Susan Reed
05-05-2009, 10:34 AM
just made out reservations!! :clap: :clap:

cindy
05-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Let do it on this new one

I'll be there

cindy
05-05-2009, 11:40 AM
getting close!

Headache
05-06-2009, 10:06 AM
I just spoke to the Director of Sales at The Jameson Inn . The deadline for the Blocked rooms is May 8th (This Friday) . At this time they only have 10 rooms left that are Blocked . After that they will be first come first served . I was also told they have more King Beds then Doubles .

Jameson Inn - (502)-968-2322 (Ask for the "Louisville Koi Show" rate) .

I have always found Koi & Goldfish Shows are more fun after a Good Nights Sleep .

Troy

cindy
05-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I just spoke to the Director of Sales at The Jameson Inn . The deadline for the Blocked rooms is May 8th (This Friday) . At this time they only have 10 rooms left that are Blocked . After that they will be first come first served . I was also told they have more King Beds then Doubles .

Jameson Inn - (502)-968-2322 (Ask for the "Louisville Koi Show" rate) .

I have always found Koi & Goldfish Shows are more fun after a Good Nights Sleep .

Troy
you sleep, nuh uh

Joey S
05-06-2009, 01:05 PM
OK, forgot to make reservations for the Banquet...So check going in the mail to the Phelps today. Wouldn't want to miss out on all the good food and seeing the winners.

Headache
05-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Wouldn't want to miss out on all the good food and seeing the winners.

And listen to me talk and talk and ..........

;)Troy

Koiguy1
05-06-2009, 07:54 PM
I know you will have fun
just made out reservations!! :clap: :clap:

cindy
05-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Goldfish - Bay bateman

Koi - Head Judge Pete Ponizo , Asst. Judge Jan Thompson , Cand. Judge Mike Frady

Peter judges our online goldies show.

Susan Reed
05-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Goldfish - Bay bateman

Koi - Head Judge Pete Ponizo , Asst. Judge Jan Thompson , Cand. Judge Mike Frady

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BruceP
05-07-2009, 06:04 AM
Goldfish - Bay bateman

:clap: Won't want to miss the walk around on Sunday morning. Peter is such a good educator :cool:

Mollie
05-07-2009, 06:42 AM
I know you will have fun

Wish you and Josie were going

Russell Peters
05-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Goldfish - Bay bateman

This is a great line up of Judges. I am looking forward to it. A few weeks ago I gave a lecture in Chicago and was able to spend a lot of time with Pete. He's a great guy with a lot of Koi and Goldfish knowledge.:cool3:

cindy
05-07-2009, 09:40 AM
:clap: Won't want to miss the walk around on Sunday morning. Peter is such a good educator :cool: yes he is and an all round good guy.

Susan Reed
05-07-2009, 10:33 AM
What are the gas prices your way Cindy?

cindy
05-07-2009, 11:27 AM
was 1.96, went up to 2.18 way better than the $4 last year

moussecasey
05-07-2009, 11:36 AM
is there a walk around with the koi judges too?
other lectures/presentations or anything like that?
didn't see anything on the website.

Mollie
05-07-2009, 12:20 PM
was 1.96, went up to 2.18 way better than the $4 last year

Yes way better for sure it cost us plenty in gas last year :eek1:

Mollie
05-07-2009, 12:21 PM

I think on Sunday Morning there is a walk around Troy or Cindy will let you know for sure.

moussecasey
05-07-2009, 12:29 PM
thanks, just need to know when i have to drag everyone out of bed :D:

cindy
05-07-2009, 01:09 PM
yes

Headache
05-07-2009, 05:51 PM

We will have a "Judges Walk" at 10am Sunday .

csweetr
05-07-2009, 06:32 PM
I have some bad news Ernest and I can't make it this time. I am
canceling our motel reservations so there will be a room open.
Hope to see you all at next years show

Colleen

Joey S
05-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Sorry to hear that Colleen. We will miss both of you.

BruceP
05-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Question on benching...... Ginrin hi utsuri..... benched as A or B ginrin??????

Selecting the fish to bring is really tough!!!!!!! :D:

Headache
05-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Question on benching...... Ginrin hi utsuri..... benched as A or B ginrin??????

Selecting the fish to bring is really tough!!!!!!! :D:

Bruce , I believe that is up to each Show . I'm pretty sure we would bench the Koi as "B" , but let me check and get back with you .

Mollie
05-07-2009, 10:42 PM
I can not believe in less than 2 weeks I get to see you all.

BruceP
05-08-2009, 05:12 AM
Thanx Troy..... reason we are asking is that we have a ginrin sanke the same size and didnt want them competing against each other.. ;)
Mollie,,, egads, I'll never be ready by then.. :D:

Mollie
05-08-2009, 05:49 AM
LOL sure you will, na I know what you mean I am doing a quilt for the club and I look at it and think oh my gosh I am not gonna make it. You bringing your asagi

BruceP
05-08-2009, 05:56 AM
Mollie....... Flutter is Lari's baby and she will be there. She is still pretty light but that is what we want her to be at her young age. Did surgury on her last week; she had a small growth, kinda looked like pox on one of her pecs. I took a scalpel to it and it has healed so that you can't even tell it was there. :)

Mollie
05-08-2009, 06:05 AM
Can not wait to see her, I got a little something I am bringing to Lari.Nothing special but I think she will like it.I have a pond mutt I thought about doing that to last year but was to scared then this year it was gone so .The fish has now found a new home as well as several other mutts.I want a chag. so had to make room.What day will you and Lari be there.Hey my family and I will be in WI. the end of July to visit family.

BruceP
05-08-2009, 06:26 AM
We probably won't be there til later in the afternoon on Fri. It's about 7 hours for us and we have lots of goldies and koi to bag.
Hope you can stop by when you are in WI in July.

Mollie
05-08-2009, 06:32 AM
We had planned on coming by, need to map out the distances I know we will be up there a few days and a visit with you all is on the agenda.Louisville is about 5 hours for us but we will be there on Friday as well.

Headache
05-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Our last Club Meeting before the Show was last night . From what we can tell , everything seems to be falling into place .

We have a TV News Crew coming out next week to do a story on the Club & Show . We have sent out hundreds & hundreds of postcards and have placed the postcards all over Louisville & Southern Indiana stores .

Because of the amount of Goldfish being shown we have voted to add extra tanks this year . Koi tanks are just about Sold Out ! If you Win a Award this year (with either Koi or Goldfish) you have a special fish on your hands , the competition this year will be Very stuff . We wouldn't want it any other way !

Troy

BruceP
05-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Sounds great Troy!!.. Did you get Lari's pm about upgrading to an 8' tank? Might need both if I can't decide which fish to bring... lol

Everyone,,,, this is a fantastic show with great fish, fun people, and good vendors. If you can make only one show, this is the one to attend. And besides, you will get to see some of our fish for the first time... LOL

TWO WEEKS!!! :D:

Maryanne
05-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Sounds great Troy!!.. Did you get Lari's pm about upgrading to an 8' tank? Might need both if I can't decide which fish to bring... lol

Everyone,,,, this is a fantastic show with great fish, fun people, and good vendors. If you can make only one show, this is the one to attend. And besides, you will get to see some of our fish for the first time... LOL

TWO WEEKS!!! :D:

Can't wait to see you and Lari again. as well as all our friends!:clap:

Sarge
05-08-2009, 08:14 PM
One of the absolute finest shows in the country. Such a casual feel to this show. I cant wait till the day I can once again start coming. Troy - keep my beer cold!

cindy
05-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Sarge, you're welcome anytime

Lari
05-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Because of the amount of Goldfish being shown we have voted to add extra tanks this year . Koi tanks are just about Sold Out ! If you Win a Award this year (with either Koi or Goldfish) you have a special fish on your hands , the competition this year will be Very stuff . We wouldn't want it any other way !

Troy

Is there a booby prize for the most so so pond/tank mutt?

rcmike
05-09-2009, 04:35 AM
Wow this isn't too far away. I'm not sure what is going on that weekend yet but I might be able to drive up there for a day. I haven't ever been to a show before.

Sarge
05-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Sarge, you're welcome anytime

I know darling. Not fretting that - too many irons in the fire right now. :eek1:

Susan Reed
05-09-2009, 09:56 AM
:happydance3::happydance3:

Rudy
05-09-2009, 10:46 AM
The dog ate my Louisville show trip and 17 million dollars (before taxes) :mad:

Well not really but maybe.
I had printed out the stuff for the show tank and for the Awards Dinner a good month ago and they sat on my desk nice and safe and useless.:rolleyes:
I got a PM from Mr. Headache yesterday making sure I still want the tank reserved and that I (we) would be at the dinner.
No problem bro, I'll send everything out today. Talked to Gene to make sure nothing had changed and all was good. :thumb:

I fill out the forms, total up the amount and go to write the $130.00 check.
No check in the check book. :thinking: OK, I'll just make out the envelope and put a stamp on it (I send everything from work so don't have any), get home and get new checks and it goes out in todays mail. :yes:
And to be sure I don't forget to put out in the mail box I put it on the kitchen table by the computer that I can't seem to walk past.

Came down this A.M. and first thing strange was Lukas was not sleeping in his chair but on his mattress ;) in the kitchen. Next thing I notice is a lotto ticket sticking out from under his huge a**. Regular lotto only 2.5 mil.
What's missing? The Mega Lotto ticket, the $130.00 dollar check, envelope (with the only stamp I had) and all the show info.

Best I can make of it is we had a strong wind from the North last night and it blew the stuff onto his bed after which jug head decided to eat it because I sure can't find even a shred of anything.

So it will have to wait until Monday and this ONE time it is not just me procrastinating :no:

Don't understand why some of the bills couldn't have blown his way :confused: ... that's my story and I'm stickin' to it :D: :harhar:

Lari
05-09-2009, 11:48 AM
LOL @ Lucas... Well our Check isn't going out till Monday either..but it is Bruce who has been procrastinating and changing his mind every time he gets thinkin. But it will get sent and we will be there.
Sign me,
Mrs. Always Right.

Maryanne
05-09-2009, 05:03 PM
The dog ate my Louisville show trip and 17 million dollars (before taxes) :mad:

Well not really but maybe.
I had printed out the stuff for the show tank and for the Awards Dinner a good month ago and they sat on my desk nice and safe and useless.:rolleyes:
I got a PM from Mr. Headache yesterday making sure I still want the tank reserved and that I (we) would be at the dinner.
No problem bro, I'll send everything out today. Talked to Gene to make sure nothing had changed and all was good. :thumb:

I fill out the forms, total up the amount and go to write the $130.00 check.
No check in the check book. :thinking: OK, I'll just make out the envelope and put a stamp on it (I send everything from work so don't have any), get home and get new checks and it goes out in todays mail. :yes:
And to be sure I don't forget to put out in the mail box I put it on the kitchen table by the computer that I can't seem to walk past.

Came down this A.M. and first thing strange was Lukas was not sleeping in his chair but on his mattress ;) in the kitchen. Next thing I notice is a lotto ticket sticking out from under his huge a**. Regular lotto only 2.5 mil.
What's missing? The Mega Lotto ticket, the $130.00 dollar check, envelope (with the only stamp I had) and all the show info.

Best I can make of it is we had a strong wind from the North last night and it blew the stuff onto his bed after which jug head decided to eat it because I sure can't find even a shred of anything.

So it will have to wait until Monday and this ONE time it is not just me procrastinating :no:

Don't understand why some of the bills couldn't have blown his way :confused: ... that's my story and I'm stickin' to it :D: :harhar:

:lol:
Are you saying the dog ate your homework?
:rofl2:

Headache
05-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Over the last couple years I've had friendly Bets with other Hobbyist (Sarge , Hammerhead) at the Louisville Show . This year I've placed another Bet and the Victim is Mollie .

The Bet has nothing to do with Koi this year , but NASCAR . Mollie's driver is Toni Stewart & mine is Mark Martin . The Bet is who's ever driver finishes in front of the others tonight at Darlington Speedway is the Winner .

The Winner of the Bet gets His or Her's Soda or Beer Can held by the losers for 30 mins. while walking around the Show on Sat. . So basically Mollie will be following me around sometime Sat. having my beverage ready when I need a drink .

Your support of Mark Martin tonight would be great .

Thanks , Troy

Lari
05-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Ohh watching for the results of this one. Uhhhh Go Junior!!!! ;)

Mollie
05-09-2009, 07:03 PM
O Troy :harhar::harhar:
I hate to tell you dear but you know how you told me Tony Sux :D: well the only thing he is gonna su_ _ tonight is the paint off Martins car as he goes buy him to finish ahead of him :harhar::harhar: :yes:LOL. I can make a stop by the store on our way up and buy a can koozie so that your hand want get cold holding my drink :punk1: I can or I will bring you another Stewart goody package to celebrate the victory :rofl2::rofl2: sorry hun but as much as I like Martin he is gonna be a big fat :loser:

Hope you all will be rooting for Tony Stewart

Lari
05-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Lap 118 of 367

Stewart's in 4th
Martin in 7th
Junior... doin how he has been a lot lately 16 :(

caution is out...

ranchumaniax
05-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Mr. Headache,

Do you have any aquarium tank for vender to rent? I would need couple of tank for my goldfish. Since i believe i will have more than 500 goldies for this show.
Otherwise, i will have to take a risk on taking my own tank for a long drive to the show.

Paul Ranchumaniax.com

Lari
05-09-2009, 09:46 PM
race half over...Martin 7th... Stewart 12....flippin and floppin.......

cindy
05-09-2009, 09:58 PM
I'll pm Troy about the tank. How big of a tank will you need?

Mollie
05-09-2009, 10:30 PM
race half over...Martin 7th... Stewart 12....flippin and floppin.......

I know, Stewart will do it for me tho he wants Troy to hold my drink LOL :D:

Mollie
05-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Shut up Troy :harhar: what the crap is that Mark Martin don't ever win :rolleyes: dang crow don't taste good :no: Congrats and guess I will bring my own koozie Unless you wanna double or nothin ;) next week

Headache
05-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Not only have I Won the Bet , my driver Won the race !

Mollie , This is you for 30 mins. at the Show on Sat. . You do have a outfit like this , correct ?

Lari
05-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Sorry about the Crow Molly, but I'm happy for Mark. Tony did well too. Ya gotta admit it was a good race for both of em.

Headache
05-10-2009, 11:16 AM
We are OUT of 8 ft. Show Tanks . I'm waiting on the list of who got one and who didn't . I'll post this list as soon as I have it (probably Monday or Tuesday) .

Mollie
05-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Not only have I Won the Bet , my driver Won the race !

Mollie , This is you for 30 mins. at the Show on Sat. . You do have a outfit like this , correct ?

Funny Troy I dont have one like that but I am sure I can work something out. I can not complain about Mark winning he deserves it, He just could have done it for another race and not this one. I so wanted to see Troy hold my drink lol

ranchumaniax
05-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Do we have Wifi at the show?

paul

Headache
05-11-2009, 10:27 AM
We are OUT of 8 ft. Show Tanks . I'm waiting on the list of who got one and who didn't . I'll post this list as soon as I have it (probably Monday or Tuesday) .

Bruce & Lari , Rudy - I have both of you with a 8 ft. show tank .

If not out , we are very limited on 6 footers & goldfish tanks .

Troy

Susan Reed
05-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Troy we will not be getting there till around 4 or 5 pm on Friday....will this be ok?

Headache
05-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Just spoke by phone with Cindy

This Year we will be having "Vendor Seminars" Sat. & Sun. . If you are a Vendor we will set up a time (15 mins. per seminar) during the weekend that you can have a seminar at your Vendor location . This will allow you to have a audience of buyers to teach about a product or fish you have at your location .

If you are a vendor interested in doing this , PM Cindy or me

Troy

Headache
05-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Troy we will not be getting there till around 4 or 5 pm on Friday....will this be ok?

That works and just in time for Dinner !

Susan Reed
05-11-2009, 12:04 PM
That works and just in time for Dinner !

:clap: :cool:

cindy
05-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Our show is going to rock!

cindy
05-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Do we have Wifi at the show?

paul
:no:

Susan Reed
05-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Our show is going to rock!

:cheer::cheer::cheer: I can't wait! Been wanting to do this show for the past 3 years!

Headache
05-11-2009, 11:18 PM
SOLD OUT !!!

Just got word , Not one Koi Show Tank or Vendor spot to be had !

We may have One or Two Goldfish Tanks , Maybe !

Mollie
05-12-2009, 05:43 AM
SOLD OUT !!!

Just got word , Not one Koi Show Tank or Vendor spot to be had !

We may have One or Two Goldfish Tanks , Maybe !

That is great news :clap::clap::clap:

cas403
05-12-2009, 07:15 AM
Eight days and counting...... Gary

farne230
05-12-2009, 07:50 AM
What are the final statistics, how many tanks, vendors boths?
Bob

Headache
05-12-2009, 09:49 AM
What are the final statistics, how many tanks, vendors boths?
Bob

I don't know the count of Vendors , but I believe we have 24 spaces under the tent that are Sold (Some Vendors rented more then one space) and we have one Vendor that is bringing their Trailer that is setting up outside the tent . The Trailer is another 3 spaces .

Tanks ? Not sure , but I know we have all of them we have Sold !!!

Does everyone have their name on a Seat for the Awards Dinner ? We are already over 70 quest for Sat. nights Dinner .

Susan Reed
05-12-2009, 10:02 AM
I don't know the count of Vendors , but I believe we have 24 spaces under the tent that are Sold (Some Vendors rented more then one space) and we have one Vendor that is bringing their Trailer that is setting up outside the tent . The Trailer is another 3 spaces .

Does everyone have their name on a Seat for the Awards Dinner ? We are already over 70 quest for Sat. nights Dinner .

2 here Troy!

Mollie
05-12-2009, 11:27 AM

She and I emailed so she has 2 for us

cindy
05-12-2009, 01:35 PM
need to get Tom's recipe

Susan Reed
05-12-2009, 07:42 PM
10 DAYS TO GO

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Headache
05-12-2009, 10:02 PM
need to get Tom's recipe

Or get him to make a Double Batch !:yes:

I'm think a Batch for both Friday & Saturday ! :yes:

bkcjames
05-12-2009, 10:59 PM
I will be in cincy that weekend.. Can anyone get in the show or do you need to be a member? If so how much is it. Ive never been to a show before..

Rudy
05-12-2009, 11:35 PM
I'll just answer for them ... :yes: you can come and F ... Goof aroud with all of us.

Joey S
05-12-2009, 11:59 PM

I'm think a Batch for both Friday & Saturday ! :yes:Whatever you're batchin, I'm in for it. :D:

I will be in cincy that weekend.. Can anyone get in the show or do you need to be a member? If so how much is it. Ive never been to a show before..Cincy is close...come on down...open to all comers...no charge except for the Sat nite banquet.

I'll just answer for them ... :yes: you can come and F ... Goof aroud with all of us.Yea, Rudy...ready to goof with you and yours. Fireworks in the works too I'm told.

cindy
05-13-2009, 12:39 PM
bourbon slushies!

cindy
05-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Fireworks????

cindy
05-13-2009, 12:42 PM
I will be in cincy that weekend.. Can anyone get in the show or do you need to be a member? If so how much is it. Ive never been to a show before..

I'm think a Batch for both Friday & Saturday ! :yes:

Whatever you're batchin, I'm in for it. :D:

Cincy is close...come on down...open to all comers...no charge except for the Sat nite banquet.

Yea, Rudy...ready to goof with you and yours. Fireworks in the works too I'm told.

I need a batch just for my table! its mmmmmmmmmmmmm

The news crew will be there tomorrow taping, think I'll take the day off then we can all go to lunch!

cindy
05-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Found this:

Aunt Weasie’s Bourbon Slushies

2 cups boiling water
4 tea bags
2 cups sugar

combine and let steep a bit, then take out tea bags and add

12 oz. frozen OJ concentrate
6 oz. frozen lemonade
2 cups bourbon
7 cups water

put in a large plastic container and freeze overnight. Remember that
it will expand a little, make sure it has room to do so. Also remember that if you are using an insulated drink container, make sure to take the lid OFF before you put it in the freezer. otherwise you will be insulating your drink from the cold of the freezer (not that I have ever done this).

Hint: when I’m drinking them straight out of the freezer, I sometimes
use one cup less water to make them stronger and slushier (otherwise
you sometimes have to let them thaw a little). For taking them
somewhere, though, I’d definitely do the full dilution, they’ll
freeze better.

Mollie
05-13-2009, 01:50 PM
bourbon slushies!

Yum sounds good :yes:

cindy
05-13-2009, 02:46 PM
I'll bring all my extra luffa gourd plants.

Mollie
05-13-2009, 04:03 PM
I'll bring all my extra luffa gourd plants.

:cool::cool: I can not wait till next week :cheer: even loosing my bet to Troy and having to eat crow I am still excited.But um Troy it my guy this weekend :D:

Headache
05-13-2009, 07:20 PM
The news crew will be there tomorrow taping, think I'll take the day off then we can all go to lunch!

Sherrie & I will take the Day off too .

We'll be there around 12:30

Mollie
05-13-2009, 07:27 PM
You all have fun tomorrow, You all need to record it the day it airs.

deg1952
05-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Just got the word I'm off work so DW and I will drive up Thursday. Looking forward to meeting lots of new friends and helping out wherever we're needed.

Troy--Please forward my PM to the Phelps. Don't want to drive 8 hours and miss the Saturday night banquet.

Joey S
05-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Just got the word I'm off work so DW and I will drive up Thursday. Looking forward to meeting lots of new friends and helping out wherever we're needed.

Troy--Please forward my PM to the Phelps. Don't want to drive 8 hours and miss the Saturday night banquet.

David mail the Phelps a check...then you will be sure to get fed. :punk1:

Susan Reed
05-13-2009, 07:49 PM
or call her like I did!! :cool:

cindy
05-13-2009, 07:57 PM
I'll tell her if Troy forgets, can't wait to meet you

deg1952
05-13-2009, 09:15 PM
David mail the Phelps a check...then you will be sure to get fed. :punk1:

Couldn't get the web site to load so I couldn't get the address. But I don't really care about getting fed. These things always start to late for me to be able to eat anything. I just want to enjoy the company.

deg1952
05-13-2009, 09:16 PM

Same here. We're looking forward to it.

Headache
05-13-2009, 09:53 PM

E-mail sent to the Phelps (Two more for Dinner).

The way things are going Cindy we might want to check out Freedom Hall for next year . ;)

Susan Reed
05-13-2009, 09:55 PM

Cindy, David and his wife are real sweet southern folk! :yes:

Rudy
05-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Anything I can bring other than my handsome *ss self ? :rolleyes: :puke2:

No, seriously ? :yes:

Rudy
05-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Cindy, David and his wife are real sweet southern folk! :yes:

Got a problem with Yanks ?

;)

Susan Reed
05-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Got a problem with Yanks ?

;)

:no: you be sweet too Darlin ;) can't wait to meet you in person :yes:

Mollie
05-14-2009, 06:08 AM
Bringing a couple of cakes, Plans are to be there early Friday.David looking forward to meeting you as well as others and looking forward to seeing you all that I have already met again.No body laugh cause I gotta carry Troys drink on Saturday.........never would have thought Mark would have finished ahead on Tony lol.Keep forgetting he is a Hendrick car now .Troy I already got a koozie to keep your drink cool............no its not a Tony Stewart one lol.
One week folks one week

Susan Reed
05-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Bringing a couple of cakes, Plans are to be there early Friday.David looking forward to meeting you as well as others and looking forward to seeing you all that I have already met again.No body laugh cause I gotta carry Troys drink on Saturday.........never would have thought Mark would have finished ahead on Tony lol.Keep forgetting he is a Hendrick car now .Troy I already got a koozie to keep your drink cool............no its not a Tony Stewart one lol.
One week folks one week

what kind of cakes Mollie? :eek1: you will do it with pride hon an no need to laugh at you :no: :D:

Mollie
05-14-2009, 09:59 AM
One Chocolate one coolwhip strawberry.Yes I will I lost fair and square lol

Susan Reed
05-14-2009, 10:24 AM
yummmmmmmmmmmmy :cool:

khoffman19
05-14-2009, 10:59 AM
I seem to recall Troy doing the drink totin' a few years ago............:chin:...:shhh:
Looks like his luck is getting better.:cool008:

One week folks one week

Headache
05-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Please visit our updated Web-Site www.louisvillekoiclub.com .

On the Site you can view photos from our 2007 & 2008 Shows .

Also on the Main page of the Site you will see info on The Midwest KoiTrek 2009 Award .

cindy
05-14-2009, 10:05 PM
I got full on Carolyn's chili and cookies and came home and napped :cheer:

BruceP
05-15-2009, 05:48 AM
ONE MORE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:

(I'll never be ready) sheeeeesh:)