PDA

View Full Version : sakai showa

Ethan25
01-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Bought this one from Russ at PSKOI. ANy comments are welcome. Nisai, female, 13.5 inches long.

discuss away!

Ethan25
01-09-2009, 11:54 AM
having it shipped in a few weeks, so I'll get more pictures then.

sactownkoi
01-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Ethan leave it in the mud pond with the other showa and have them both ship at the same at the end of the year.

Ethan25
01-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Ethan leave it in the mud pond with the other showa and have them both ship at the same at the end of the year.

I'm putting this one in another mud pond I have another fish in. So I'll have two fish with Russ and two fish elsewhere.

I have that goshiki I purchased as well that is having a mudbath this summer!

Ethan25
01-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Here are two more of the showa.

Super Kindai
01-10-2009, 01:21 AM
Nice quality...:cool:

Beni quality = A
Sumi quality = A+
Skin quality = ?? ( can't see well)
Body = B-
Bone = B-
Pattern = C+ (just for my taste):D:

Attached pics of similar type Showa...

Matt
01-10-2009, 02:13 AM
Nice:love sick:

Super Kindai
01-10-2009, 03:36 AM
Some pics of long body, line and proportion for Nisai.........:rolleyes:

Super Kindai
01-10-2009, 03:40 AM
one more pic.......:D:

lilhelper
01-10-2009, 03:52 AM
some pics of long body, line and proportion for nisai.........:rolleyes:
この錦鯉のボーヂは長いと思いますよ。
全錦鯉 いくら?
高い!!!

って、私は アナタ の錦鯉の池へ見てもいいですか?
池の写真をポスートで下さい
よい 一夜を

日本語をすみません

lilhelper
01-10-2009, 03:53 AM
one more pic.......:d:
この錦鯉はPHOTOSHOPPEDをみたい、

koiman1950
01-10-2009, 04:30 AM
この錦鯉はPHOTOSHOPPEDをみたい、

:confused:

Eric

Did somebody drop you on your head when you were younger?:rolleyes:;)

lilhelper
01-10-2009, 04:36 AM
:confused:

Eric

Did somebody drop you on your head when you were younger?:rolleyes:;)
Oh, that phrase says the koi looks photoshopped, not saying it is.
haha

No, wasn't dropped... were you?

koiman1950
01-10-2009, 04:57 AM
Oh, that phrase says the koi looks photoshopped, not saying it is.
haha

No, wasn't dropped... were you?

I had a fair idea of what you were eluding to. Why would you even think that?:confused::rolleyes:

Carl
01-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Nice quality...:cool:

Beni quality = A
Sumi quality = A+
Skin quality = ?? ( can't see well)
Body = B-
Bone = B-
Pattern = C+ (just for my taste):D:

Attached pics of similar type Showa...

Junichi-san

Could you explain to us why you gave a B- for "Bone," and how we can evaluate that for ourselves?

Super Kindai
01-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Junichi-san

Could you explain to us why you gave a B- for "Bone," and how we can evaluate that for ourselves?

Carl-san, Good evening.

IMO, the bone structure including the head and body is neither good nor poor but fine/acceptable so that I evaluated B.
then Why B- for Bone instead of B or B+ ? there are "good, excellent and best" even in a "Good A" level for example, so it is a matter of degree in comparison with ideal shape' images. The more fish we see, the more these traits will stand out.

The head shape (= bone) is fine, it is not remarkably wrong with it but it is a weakness as typical of Showa variety.
The lower body is not bold compared with the nicely solid front half of the fish. the tail end wilts away in comparison so that the fish would not reach to 100cm/40" Jumbo size.... (just a joke)
Every part of the fish's body = Bone length (the head, shoulder, hips/waist, tail region) should be in proportion.
The head/face and waist/tail should be well proportioned to the body parts and its better if its longer especially for young age fish.

If we talk about proportion, it will be an endless story same as quality and pattern. However, we'll be hard pressed to find a fish that meets these requirements.

Super Kindai
01-11-2009, 12:30 AM
この錦鯉のボーヂは長いと思いますよ。
全錦鯉 いくら?
高い!!!

って、私は アナタ の錦鯉の池へ見てもいいですか?
池の写真をポスートで下さい
よい 一夜を

日本語をすみません

エリックさん 今晩は。
そう、長いでしょ! こんな感じのズラ~とした鯉が、将来カッコの良い体型の鯉になるんですよ 。
この写真の鯉は全部、日本にいる友達の鯉の写真なので、私の鯉ではないんですよ、、 笑) それでは、また  (^^)/ 

Super Kindai
01-11-2009, 01:09 AM
>Hard sumi is a look of flat black...considering the age of the fish it looks hard.

it seems like a meaning of Tsuya/sheen......:rolleyes:

Ethan25
01-11-2009, 01:35 AM
>Hard sumi is a look of flat black...considering the age of the fish it looks hard.

it seems like a meaning of Tsuya/sheen......:rolleyes:

Is it that a fish at this age should have sumi that is more under the skin than already a finished look, with most showa? Is that why it "looks" hard, because it usually comes off as soft with many breeder's showa?

Super Kindai
01-11-2009, 02:19 AM
Is it that a fish at this age should have sumi that is more under the skin than already a finished look, with most showa? Is that why it "looks" hard, because it usually comes off as soft with many breeder's showa?

In general, for example Dainichi Showa, we prefer sumi remain under skin, especially on shiroji, for long period of time like 3,4, even 5 years for a long term tategoi type fish. However, in case of some famous bloodline of Omosako Shiro Uturi, good lustrous sumi come up in earlier age like Nisai then it remains in very good condition as a fish grows to jumbo size.
I don't know well about Matunosuke Showa bloodline and its character but it is very interesting to see. Now, we are in a mystery of Nishikigoi.....:rolleyes:

Carl
01-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Carl-san, Good evening.

IMO, the bone structure including the head and body is neither good nor poor but fine/acceptable so that I evaluated B.
then Why B- for Bone instead of B or B+ ? there are "good, excellent and best" even in a "Good A" level for example, so it is a matter of degree in comparison with ideal shape' images. The more fish we see, the more these traits will stand out.

The head shape (= bone) is fine, it is not remarkably wrong with it but it is a weakness as typical of Showa variety.
The lower body is not bold compared with the nicely solid front half of the fish. the tail end wilts away in comparison so that the fish would not reach to 100cm/40" Jumbo size.... (just a joke)
Every part of the fish's body = Bone length (the head, shoulder, hips/waist, tail region) should be in proportion.
The head/face and waist/tail should be well proportioned to the body parts and its better if its longer especially for young age fish.

If we talk about proportion, it will be an endless story same as quality and pattern. However, we'll be hard pressed to find a fish that meets these requirements.

Thank you, Junichi-san.

Ethan25
01-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Here are a few more pictures of the showa I was able to get from Russ.

Thanks for the deal again!

Matt
01-27-2009, 01:31 AM
Sweet:yes:

Ethan25
01-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Sweet:yes:

I think so too, Matt. On another board where I posted this, a friend posted a brady showa of her's that had hi extending in teh pectoral quite like mine. Eventually, the hi receded from the pectoral fins, and sumi expanded some as well to "fix" the issue.