PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Koi Kichi Group Show May 22-24 2009

Koi Babe
01-08-2009, 02:44 PM
:cheer:The Dallas Koi Kichi Group 7th Annual Show is scheduled for May 22-24 2009. The location will be Coleman Boulevard, Frisco Square, Frisco, Texas 75034 (Dallas area). Mark your calendars and get your fishies ready!

azngopher
01-08-2009, 04:01 PM
come one, come all. it's gonna be a great show. we'll have razorback koi and flat rock koi as wet vendors. for you first timers, we are giving 50% off on tank fees!

if you need help catching and bringing koi to the show and live in the DFW area, send me a PM and I'll come bag'em with you (i'll even bring the bags and air!).

duc

jonathan
01-08-2009, 11:46 PM
how much is it for 1st timers ?

azngopher
01-09-2009, 12:33 AM
how much is it for 1st timers ?

$50 for the entry fee.

would be great to have you there Jonathan with your koi

you could be the youngest winner of our novice award! :cool:

duc

Russell Peters
01-09-2009, 01:10 AM
$50 for the entry fee.

duc

He could bring his new ringer.;)

azngopher
01-09-2009, 01:30 AM
He could bring his new ringer.;)

Ringer? Jonathan has a ringer? That's the second mention of a "ringer" coming to this show from out of town. ;)

what is a poor local to do? :rolleyes:

Russell Peters
01-09-2009, 01:42 AM
Ringer? Jonathan has a ringer? That's the second mention of a "ringer" coming to this show from out of town. ;)

what is a poor local to do? :rolleyes:

I wish I could say.:rolleyes:

jonathan
01-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Russ you beat me to it :D:

jonathan
01-09-2009, 08:38 AM
$50 for the entry fee.

duc
Is that 50 fee per a koi ? or just in genral ?

azngopher
01-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Is that 50 fee per a koi ? or just in genral ?

for you, for the entire tank! :D:

duc

jonathan
01-09-2009, 09:41 AM
for you, for the entire tank! :D:

duc
:D: I think ill bring 3 koi :D::D::D: mabye more lol

azngopher
01-09-2009, 09:50 AM
bring as many as you can! we love to see lots of koi.

jonathan
01-09-2009, 09:52 AM
I dont think you want to see my mutts :D: i only have a small hand full of decent koi.:yes:

azngopher
01-09-2009, 03:58 PM
I dont think you want to see my mutts :D: i only have a small hand full of decent koi.:yes:

well, bring your ringer(s) as the show is very competitive in the smaller sizes 1-5.

good to see that you will be showing. you are the future of this hobby. :cool:

you will learn a lot from the judges we have coming.

duc

jonathan
01-09-2009, 08:57 PM
well, bring your ringer(s) as the show is very competitive in the smaller sizes 1-5.

good to see that you will be showing. you are the future of this hobby. :cool:

you will learn a lot from the judges we have coming.

duc
Ill try me best to be there duc...:yes:

jonathan
01-10-2009, 08:00 PM
For those in dallas i wouldent mind having a kp get together

jonathan
01-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Details were added to the site so bump.

azngopher
01-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Details were added to the site so bump.

Thanks Jonathan! :)

Here is the link:

http://www.dallaskoikichi.org/

duc

jonathan
01-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Thanks Jonathan! :)

Here is the link:

http://www.dallaskoikichi.org/

duc
NP Duc
Hope to be there and Hope to show :yes:

azngopher
02-27-2009, 11:42 PM
more info added to website.

Head Judge will be Ron Goforth joined by Art and Nicole Lembke.

www.dallaskoikichi.org

show tanks still available but don't wait to send in reservations as they are filling up fast.

duc

jonathan
02-28-2009, 12:21 AM
more info added to website.

Head Judge will be Ron Goforth joined by Art and Nicole Lembke.

www.dallaskoikichi.org (http://www.dallaskoikichi.org)

show tanks still available but don't wait to send in reservations as they are filling up fast.

duc
Hey Duc Im not sure if ive RSVPed a tank
thanks
Jonathan H.

azngopher
02-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Hey Duc Im not sure if ive RSVPed a tank
thanks
Jonathan H.

Jonathan,

There is a tank with your name on it and it is taken care of. ;)

Duc

jonathan
02-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Jonathan,

There is a tank with your name on it and it is taken care of. ;)

Duc
Thanks I couldent recall.

azngopher
03-19-2009, 12:37 PM
update: 20 participants! 23 tanks spoken for, only 2 remain. 6 1st timers will be showing this year. :clap:

who says the hobby is in decline?!

check out the website for the latest updates:
www.dallaskoikichi.org

duc

Cowiche Ponder
03-19-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm going to be there a month or two to soon!

azngopher
03-19-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm going to be there a month or two to soon!

mary,

wish you can come back around for it, it's gonna be a partee.

update: we only have 1 tank left.

duc

azngopher
03-20-2009, 12:46 AM
mary,

wish you can come back around for it, it's gonna be a partee.

update: we only have 1 tank left.

duc

update: we are sold out!

trophy sponsorships available :cool:

www.dallaskoikichi.org

duc

azngopher
04-09-2009, 07:12 PM
quick update

tanks: sold out 20 hobbyiest, 6 first timers!
wet vendors: flatrock, razorback and tank hollows
dries: kodama, sublime watergardens, petco, cookie lee jewelry, artique of boise (awesome bambo furniture), mid-america distribution, litek composites corp (pipes, fittings), hikari, more pending

judges: ron goforth (zna district chair), dr art lembke, nicole lembke

koi handling by the texas koi wranglers

banquet: blue mesa (best blue corn chips anywhere!)

video documentary by michael hernandez of koi and ponds (handled the adult champion at the recent all japan koi show) and grand champion at zna socal

auction item donations: mystic koi, genkikoi, koi care kennel, sake toro, purdin koi farm, bruce and lynnette (tancho showa koi flag), peter waddington (signed book), Shade Sails, more to come

more info at: www.dallaskoikichi.org

it's gonna be a good time! :)

duc

azngopher
04-21-2009, 08:43 PM
here is the design for our show t-shirt. taking orders for those that cannot attend. $20 including shipping. PM if you are interested. the front will be my avatar. thanks for supporting our club!

azngopher
04-22-2009, 06:26 PM
hotel info:

The hotel for the show is the Comfort Inn and Suites, 9700 Dallas Parkway, Frisco, TX 75034, 972-668-9700. Located in the heart of Frisco just north of Dallas, the newly built Comfort Suites® At Frisco Square/Pizza Hut Park is one of the closest hotels to and within walking distance from Pizza Hut Park stadium, Frisco Sports Complex and Frisco Square. The Frisco Conference Center, Dr Pepper Ballpark , Dr Pepper StarCenter - Frisco multipurpose venue and Stonebriar Centre mall are all minutes away from this Frisco, TX hotel.

A block of rooms have been reserved for Dallas Koi Kichi Group at $89.00 per night for either Double Queen Rooms or King Bed Rooms. Tax is 13%. When making your reservation let them know you are with the Dallas Koi Kichi Group Koi Show. Check in is 3:00 PM and check out is 12:00 noon. Please contact the hotel if you want to check in earlier than 3:00 PM.

We have a block of 20 rooms available at this rate and as of today, 7 are taken. Rates are good until May 10th or when they sell out! Don't wait.

See ya in Friskoi!

Duc

Joey S
04-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Sounds like lots of fun...great to see so many 1st timers, too.

azngopher
04-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Sounds like lots of fun...great to see so many 1st timers, too.

it'll be a blast. as a new hobbyiest (4 years) and after my experience showing for the first time last year, i wanted more people to experience the joys and further education a show can bring to hobbyiest. best way to do it was to propose a 50% discount to bring people out of the woodwork that were hesitant. can't do it for free as the club still needs to be around after a show, but it lowers the barriers to entry (read: excuses) for most 1st timers.

azngopher
05-07-2009, 07:40 PM
update:
2 tanks opened due to cancellations.

if you were interested in showing and thought we were out of tanks, here is your chance!

let me know and i'll put your name on one of them.

duc

prestongohlke
05-15-2009, 07:56 PM
I hope to come out Sunday morning when i get off work.

Whats up with 13% Tax ?????

hotel info:

The hotel for the show is the Comfort Inn and Suites, 9700 Dallas Parkway, Frisco, TX 75034, 972-668-9700. Located in the heart of Frisco just north of Dallas, the newly built Comfort Suites® At Frisco Square/Pizza Hut Park is one of the closest hotels to and within walking distance from Pizza Hut Park stadium, Frisco Sports Complex and Frisco Square. The Frisco Conference Center, Dr Pepper Ballpark , Dr Pepper StarCenter - Frisco multipurpose venue and Stonebriar Centre mall are all minutes away from this Frisco, TX hotel.

A block of rooms have been reserved for Dallas Koi Kichi Group at $89.00 per night for either Double Queen Rooms or King Bed Rooms. Tax is 13%. When making your reservation let them know you are with the Dallas Koi Kichi Group Koi Show. Check in is 3:00 PM and check out is 12:00 noon. Please contact the hotel if you want to check in earlier than 3:00 PM.

We have a block of 20 rooms available at this rate and as of today, 7 are taken. Rates are good until May 10th or when they sell out! Don't wait.

See ya in Friskoi!

Duc

azngopher
05-16-2009, 01:40 PM
I hope to come out Sunday morning when i get off work.

Whats up with 13% Tax ?????

Cool, come by and say hi.

13% tax? Hotel taxes are much higher than just "tax". I think that includes all the taxes, and not just sales.

prestongohlke
05-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Cool, come by and say hi.

13% tax? Hotel taxes are much higher than just "tax". I think that includes all the taxes, and not just sales.

Cool, guess i never knew that.

P

Dennis
05-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Hey,

Here are some that might end up at the Dallas Koi Show. Please have a look.:cool:

azngopher
05-21-2009, 09:11 AM
kewl!

nice looking koi Dennis! any tancho showas in there?

heading out to the show site for set up.

see ya tomorrow, safe travels!

duc

Dennis
05-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Hey Duc,

No I don't think so. I'll see you tomorrow...Hope you get all the tanks set up and ready to go..

azngopher
05-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Hey Duc,

No I don't think so. I'll see you tomorrow...Hope you get all the tanks set up and ready to go..

Hi Dennis,

It's been a long day of set up. All the tanks are up and filled with water. Air system is operating without issue. Your 3 tanks are set up and ready to receive koi.

Have a safe trip.

See ya soon!

Duc