PDA

View Full Version : January 4TH 2009 Babies

vipldy
01-04-2009, 06:51 PM
We had to get their pics today as we were culling some of the deformed ones we missed... So here are some of the keepers..I am not a breeder but a few are cute to us:yes:

krautz33
01-04-2009, 07:16 PM
I love those gin rin ochiba. Nice job! :clap:

SouthernStarr
01-04-2009, 07:22 PM
I see some nice ones:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

stephen
01-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Very nice. It looks like that Shamu wannabee has been getting her share of the food:surprise::gack::eeeeek:

vipldy
01-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Very nice. It looks like that Shamu wannabee has been getting her share of the food:surprise::gack::eeeeek:

She/he doesn't miss many meals:D:

Joey S
01-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Nice babies, Marie...so who are the parents? Looks like you definitely have some keepers.

vipldy
01-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Nice babies, Marie...so who are the parents? Looks like you definitely have some keepers.

Ruby-Female Kohaku, Male ginrin Chagoi and Male Kohaku..To the best of my watching them breed with camera in my hands:D:

HAMMERHEAD
01-04-2009, 09:30 PM
they are growin :punk1:

vipldy
01-04-2009, 09:32 PM
they are growin :punk1:

:yes: They have more room now after culling:rolleyes::yes:

Aussies5
01-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Marie that is a lot of "keepers".

Oh Jerry, need a bigger pond real soon.

Lori Jo
01-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Beautiful babies! I see a lot of sparkle in there. Daddy did a good job and so did you culling!

vipldy
01-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Marie that is a lot of "keepers".

Oh Jerry, need a bigger pond real soon.

They will not all be living here...They will be re-homed in Spring

Beautiful babies! I see a lot of sparkle in there. Daddy did a good job and so did you culling!

Thanks:clap: Culling is so important and a responsibility if you have fry:yes: Its not easy or fun but necessary..

gray cat
01-04-2009, 10:49 PM
:clap::clap::clap: Beautiful babies Marie. :clap::clap::clap:

vipldy
01-05-2009, 12:18 AM
:clap::clap::clap: Beautiful babies Marie. :clap::clap::clap:

slmtrm
01-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Love the ochibas......... I want one:yes::yes::yes::yes: how much??????:bow::bow::bow:

tnovak
01-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Very nice! I love the one you're holding in your palm!

vipldy
01-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Very nice! I love the one you're holding in your palm!

That one is very friendly:yes: They all are pretty friendly..

Marilyn
01-06-2009, 01:43 AM
Wow, they are so pretty! Did I see some soragoi in there? This all pretty new to me, can you tell? ;) Lovely how the non-gin have such a soft glow. :yes:

vipldy
01-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Wow, they are so pretty! Did I see some soragoi in there? This all pretty new to me, can you tell? ;) Lovely how the non-gin have such a soft glow. :yes:

Thank you:bow: Its been a learning curve thats for sure:yes:

BirdmanofCO
01-12-2009, 12:24 AM
Marie,
You did very well. I think they pretty good size too.
If you get them into some big water, they will grow very fast.
I pretty much only raised Crapoi. My adults were pretty young.
NEXT YEAR!!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

vipldy
01-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Marie,
You did very well. I think they pretty good size too.
If you get them into some big water, they will grow very fast.
I pretty much only raised Crapoi. My adults were pretty young.
NEXT YEAR!!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thanks Todd:clap: Bigger waters mean warm weather:rolleyes: That will come in summer..I think in Spring I will try different breeds of koi..Don't tell Jerry:rolleyes: it was a ton of work last summer..

Midorigoi
01-14-2009, 06:19 PM
They are sooooo pretty!!! ...and cute :D:

vipldy
01-14-2009, 06:30 PM
They are sooooo pretty!!! ...and cute :D:

Thanks and they seem to change by the week:yes: They sure can eat:eek1:

lomaponder
01-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Thanks Todd:clap: Bigger waters mean warm weather:rolleyes: That will come in summer..I think in Spring I will try different breeds of koi..Don't tell Jerry:rolleyes: it was a ton of work last summer..

You said "It was a ton of work" Do you mean you actually did the steps to successful koi-breeding ?(choose the koi, isolate the pairs, separate the eggs from the parents after, malchite green the eggs, good filter water environment, 1st cull, etc.

I'm curious because I went the "unaware way" oil-slick pond, 10's of thousands of eggs, 70 gallon rubbermaid with an air stone and minimum filter (bucket of bio-balls) , egg yolks/first feed, grounded up koi food -next. After the season ended with two koi. :cool3:

vipldy
01-14-2009, 09:49 PM
You said "It was a ton of work" Do you mean you actually did the steps to successful koi-breeding ?(choose the koi, isolate the pairs, separate the eggs from the parents after, malchite green the eggs, good filter water environment, 1st cull, etc.

I'm curious because I went the "unaware way" oil-slick pond, 10's of thousands of eggs, 70 gallon rubbermaid with an air stone and minimum filter (bucket of bio-balls) , egg yolks/first feed, grounded up koi food -next. After the season ended with two koi. :cool3:

Yes from watching them spawn(I have pics:D:) to removing the spawning brushes to watching them hatch, to hatching brine shrimp(PITA) and all the culls to get to this point...We had a 100 gal. hatching tank and then split them up between a 300 gal. tank..What I kept are inside in 150 gal. and 1- 55 gal. aquarium...Live food is the best but a lot of work..They are now eating reg. high growth small pellet's..

I did choose the parents for this spawn. Also they had flow threw through until they came in..They have VERY seeded tanks but get a water change everyday!!!!!

Here are some private moments:D: If you look at pic 2 you will see a ton of tiny eggs falling from my female Kohaku:bow:

lomaponder
01-14-2009, 11:11 PM
WOW

Those are some nice fish.

Most of my herd is still immature, but that doesn't mean they don't try to join the action. I don't think I have a good choice of brood stock if I were attempt a serious pass at this (next spring).
I have 2 females
Orenji & Ki Bekko

And 3 males
S. Bekko
Asagi
Kohaku

I can't envision any good stock (at least worth seriously keeping) coming from any of these combos. But for the time being, I'll give it a better effort next time. Thanks for posting this. :cool3:

Just Jessie
01-14-2009, 11:40 PM
There is lots of bling bling in there. I saw a couple or more that I wouldn't mind having.
I dont plan on being a breeder, but I would like to pick a pair and let them do there thing just once for the experience. I bet you are having fun watching them.

vipldy
01-15-2009, 12:20 AM
WOW

Those are some nice fish.

Most of my herd is still immature, but that doesn't mean they don't try to join the action. I don't think I have a good choice of brood stock if I were attempt a serious pass at this (next spring).
I have 2 females
Orenji & Ki Bekko

And 3 males
S. Bekko
Asagi
Kohaku

I can't envision any good stock (at least worth seriously keeping) coming from any of these combos. But for the time being, I'll give it a better effort next time. Thanks for posting this. :cool3:

My female Kohaku Ruby:bow: was 5 years old last year and my males are 4 years old..It was a gentle spawn thank God but then I was out there the whole time telling them to be careful:rolleyes::D:

There is lots of bling bling in there. I saw a couple or more that I wouldn't mind having.
I dont plan on being a breeder, but I would like to pick a pair and let them do there thing just once for the experience. I bet you are having fun watching them.

They are getting nicer:yes: They are so friendly like their Mom And Dad's:D: Like I said above it was a nice spawn and no one got hurt:bow:

gray cat
01-15-2009, 12:35 AM
Like I said above it was a nice spawn and no one got hurt:bow:

:clap::clap::clap::punk1: