PDA

View Full Version : Some Of My Bling Babies

vipldy
10-22-2008, 11:10 PM
They are growing and starting to show me what they are:yes: They are 3 1/2 months old now..

Marie

Marilyn
10-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Gosh Marie, so many pretty babies. :clap: What are you going to do with them all?

I need to see your hand in there for perspective. ;) How big are they?

vipldy
10-23-2008, 12:55 AM
Gosh Marie, so many pretty babies. :clap: What are you going to do with them all?

I need to see your hand in there for perspective. ;) How big are they?

Good 3" and more..Here ya go:D:

Marilyn
10-23-2008, 01:03 AM
:yahoo: They are growing like weeds!

WTG, there can never be enough chag babies in the world. :cheer:

How many are you are planning to keep? Or should I ask if another pond is in your future? :D:

vipldy
10-23-2008, 01:05 AM
:yahoo: They are growing like weeds!

WTG, there can never be enough chag babies in the world. :cheer:

How many are you are planning to keep? Or should I ask if another pond is in your future? :D:

Not sure yet..They are indoors now so I have all winter to decide:yes:

Marilyn
10-23-2008, 01:13 AM
Not sure yet..They are indoors now so I have all winter to decide:yes:

That will be so much fun. :yes: If I lived in your climate, I'm sure I'd need an indoor set-up. I go into serious withdrawal when I'm away from the koi.

In my climate, I start and end each day by the pond (currently the QT/holding tank).

vipldy
10-23-2008, 01:19 AM
That will be so much fun. :yes: If I lived in your climate, I'm sure I'd need an indoor set-up. I go into serious withdrawal when I'm away from the koi.

In my climate, I start and end each day by the pond (currently the QT/holding tank).

It gets hard though with the adult herd being so large:eek1: They come in tomorrow I believe:clap: :yahoo:

Marilyn
10-23-2008, 01:57 AM
Ok, now I need pics of their interior domecile. :D: When they get to the inside digs, would you mind posting?

I find it awesome that they do so well inside. The size they put on was amazing.
I remember reading the how many gallons thread and the number you were keeping and maintanence program indoors. It blew my mind. :bow:
I struggle with far fewer fish and maintaining healthy conditions for them but I'm learning. ;)

tyco4357
10-23-2008, 09:14 AM
What pretty little babies! Some of them look like little diamonds! I love the bling too! Good luck with them.

gray cat
10-23-2008, 09:16 AM
BEAUTIFUL BABIES!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Noahsnana
10-23-2008, 09:23 AM
They are fun until they grow lol

vipldy
10-23-2008, 11:03 AM
They are fun until they grow lol
You always say that:D: What did you do with your babies?

Doug C.
10-23-2008, 12:08 PM
very nice indeed especially the bling bling. I have baby kois similar to yours but not that much gin rin, that spawned in June, few days before my wedding. It's so much fun and enjoyable to watch them grow and change. No matter how busy i am, i make time for my baby kois. I started out with one pond, expand it a year later and created 2 more pond, and a 2 small holding pot.

vipldy
10-23-2008, 12:12 PM
very nice indeed especially the bling bling. I have baby kois similar to yours but not that much gin rin, that spawned in June, few days before my wedding. It's so much fun and enjoyable to watch them grow and change. No matter how busy i am, i make time for my baby kois. I started out with one pond, expand it a year later and created 2 more pond, and a 2 small holding pot.

There are some Orchiba's in there:yes: They are cute:yes: Thank you:bow:

Marie

Midorigoi
10-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Aww, I see the prettiest gr soragoi!
Looks like all of the fry are growing really nicely, goldfish babies grow painstakingly slow, the koi seem like they grow 10x faster! :eek1: I don't know what I'd do with so many babies!

vipldy
10-23-2008, 03:41 PM
I don't know what I'd do with so many babies!

Feed them often:D: They eat 4-6 times a day:yes: Water change daily and heat! Its a ton of work. This is only 1 tank we have another with some in it to:yes: Culling is also SO important:yes:

Hirogoi
10-29-2008, 02:25 AM
Can you ship and are you going to sell any? I feel a whole in me where me ochiba goshiki used to be and if possible I want to buy one of your babies cause it would end up as a GC with that herd you got going.

Who were the oyagoi? Mass spawn or selected?

vipldy
11-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Can you ship and are you going to sell any? I feel a whole in me where me ochiba goshiki used to be and if possible I want to buy one of your babies cause it would end up as a GC with that herd you got going.

Who were the oyagoi? Mass spawn or selected?
I just saw this:rolleyes: No we are not shipping at this time..:) I am not sure who we are keeping but need to cull a few again very soon..:( The parents are a ginrin chagoi male,Kohaku Male, and Kohaku Female(Ruby):yes:
I will post a few new pics of the babies..

Aussies5
11-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Marie, I like your babies. The bling ones are really blinging. Just saw Mom was Ruby, are they any little Ruby's in there.

It looks like quite a few nice GR, you are going to have a tough time when it comes on who to keep.

I know you just finished your new pond this year, do you have room for more fish in your pond. If so, how many.

I was considering getting a new 2 yr. old Kohaku, I have a very nice one now, but I wanted another. I sat by the pond the other day, saw how much growth I had gotten this summer and said no more new fish.

I have a Kohaku in my pond that has never grown for me, had her 18 months, so I am giving her to a friend whose fish grow really big and I am curious to see if she will grow there.

So, I have one in my pond that I will rehome, I have one in my QT that I need to rehome. Plus, I have an especially nice Kohaku, Showa and Sanke that I have grown out in the QT. But, they are very nice and time to move them into the pond.

I will be getting 2 or 3 more to grown out in the QT. This is really fun, watching them grow, some make it and some fail, but it is a great learning experience.

Have fun with your babies.

vipldy
11-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Marie, I like your babies. The bling ones are really blinging. Just saw Mom was Ruby, are they any little Ruby's in there.

It looks like quite a few nice GR, you are going to have a tough time when it comes on who to keep.

I know you just finished your new pond this year, do you have room for more fish in your pond. If so, how many.

I was considering getting a new 2 yr. old Kohaku, I have a very nice one now, but I wanted another. I sat by the pond the other day, saw how much growth I had gotten this summer and said no more new fish.

I have a Kohaku in my pond that has never grown for me, had her 18 months, so I am giving her to a friend whose fish grow really big and I am curious to see if she will grow there.

So, I have one in my pond that I will rehome, I have one in my QT that I need to rehome. Plus, I have an especially nice Kohaku, Showa and Sanke that I have grown out in the QT. But, they are very nice and time to move them into the pond.

I will be getting 2 or 3 more to grown out in the QT. This is really fun, watching them grow, some make it and some fail, but it is a great learning experience.

Have fun with your babies.

There might be a few Kohaku's but not to many..It was a so so spawn IMHO..Next time:rolleyes: better:yes: We have re-homed at least 4 large fish this year..That was very hard but I want better and I didn't see better from the fish we re-homed. The largest fish we re-homed were 24" and 26":eek1: It was hard..

I would like a new kohaku to or 3:D:

tyco4357
11-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Looks like you might have to build another pond with all those babies!! Spring will be here soon enough. Can't wait to see their size then!

vipldy
11-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Looks like you might have to build another pond with all those babies!! Spring will be here soon enough. Can't wait to see their size then!

Me either:rolleyes: These are some slooooow growing babies:rolleyes: They eat like pigs and can now eat small koi pellet and some if broken up. We have some in a 55 gal. tank that way bigger then in the 130 gal.:confused: :rolleyes:

rue
11-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Marie, those are some amazing looking babies!! The bling ones are awesome, but if you look to the subtler ones, you have some beauties in there too. I love the Ochiba with the brown head and grey body particularly!! Looks like you have some cool soragoi's in there too. Chagois, Soragoi's, Ochiba's, OH-MY!!

vipldy
11-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Marie, those are some amazing looking babies!! The bling ones are awesome, but if you look to the subtler ones, you have some beauties in there too. I love the Ochiba with the brown head and grey body particularly!! Looks like you have some cool soragoi's in there too. Chagois, Soragoi's, Ochiba's, OH-MY!!

Thanks..I need to get newer pics very soon:yes: They have changed a bit..