PDA

View Full Version : want to know what kind of fruit to feed

afishpond
10-18-2008, 10:35 PM
have herd that koi's can be fed fruit just want to what kind of fruit to feed any help would be great thx.:confused:

vipldy
10-18-2008, 10:43 PM
have herd that koi's can be fed fruit just want to what kind of fruit to feed any help would be great thx.:confused:

Sure koi love fruit..Just cut up some watermelon wedges and throw them in..Oranges are good to..No grapes:no: Also you might want to remove the seeds from the fruits!

Brown bread's are good, sweet pototo cooked and cubed, crab and shrimp, barley cooked to name a few!

Marie

afishpond
10-24-2008, 06:30 PM
thx wish more would put input on here .

vipldy
10-24-2008, 07:36 PM
thx wish more would put input on here .

Am I not enough for you;) I have feed my Koi boiled chicken breast, cooked and cubed sweet potato, shrimp,crab, Various fruits, brown breads, barley cucumber.Some koi will eat roman lettuce, plus their good pellets and they are set I think:yes:

Noahsnana
10-25-2008, 02:00 AM
Ditto Vip

Peas too :D:

DebbieKSW
10-25-2008, 04:34 AM
Watermelon and lettuce...yepp

Just Jessie
10-25-2008, 04:56 AM
Mine have started going after the turtle food that I put in for the catfish.
but then the cats sit at the edge of the pond and fish out any pieces of floating koi pellets that get close enough for them to get.

sundan
10-25-2008, 10:03 AM
another good thing to do once in while is spray your koi food with fine mist of water and then sprinkle garlic power on it. Let dry and stand back when you toss the food, may get wet!:clap: