PDA

View Full Version : The Turtle sanke and kohaku

Cody Turtle
10-10-2008, 12:18 AM
The day after Russ got the koi I rushed out to see him and get something to go in the mud. As soon as I saw this sanke it caught my eye. I have attended both of the Sakai seminars that Russ has provided and as soon as I saw this koi I wanted it. In Mr. Sakai's lectures he always talks about skin quality and luster and how the beni, shiro and sumi should look like wet paint. When I looked at the 100-150 new arivals I instantly noticed the shimmer and vibrant glossy color that Mr. Sakai had always spoke of. This sanke has great skin as well as the conformation to grow large. I just hope that the beni on her face pulls back as she gets bigger. At least I was hoping it was a "her" and quite relived when Russell confirmed it was. Nothing worse than seeing a koi you love to find out it is a male.
The kohaku is my Mothers. This kohaku's shiro is a blinding white on top of that it has great conformation, pattern and when it comes from Toshio Sakai you can trust it will just keep getting better:D: :D: :D: :D:

Hirogoi
11-04-2008, 01:13 AM
Love that kohaku. Your sanke might want to think about developing a bit more sumi.

Russell Peters
11-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Love that kohaku. Your sanke might want to think about developing a bit more sumi.

The Kohaku was one of the missing.

premster
11-04-2008, 09:49 AM
That is such a pity ,cus I think that kohaku with that pattern would have been spectacular , but the heron prolly thought so too .:eek1:

Hirogoi
11-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Just keep believing it's alive.

Russell Peters
11-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Just keep believing it's alive.

We know for sure that there is absolutley nothing left in the mud. Don't hold your candle for too long.

rainblood
11-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Sorry Cody :no: