PDA

View Full Version : Fall Harvest

vipldy
10-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Well it was experience to say the least:yes: I think I did pretty good and learned a ton thats for sure. We had a Kohaku/chagoi spawn as you can see. I am happy with some the babies:yes: There is only 1 tank left to cull and bring in,thank God:D:

Marie

HAMMERHEAD
10-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Lots of younguns to find homes for :yes:

Marilyn
10-05-2008, 10:42 PM
So exciting, so many really pretty babies. :yes:
How you sort out which ones to keep is beyond me. Are the chagoi easier to sort for keepers? Kohaku change so much, I can't even imagine culling when they're that small.

vipldy
10-05-2008, 11:09 PM
So exciting, so many really pretty babies. :yes:
How you sort out which ones to keep is beyond me. Are the chagoi easier to sort for keepers? Kohaku change so much, I can't even imagine culling when they're that small.

Its a crap shoot but with the chagoi I tried to keep the lighter ones and ginrin was plus:cool: The kohaku I just looked for body and pattern at this point. They are 2 1/2-4" now so not to small to cull:no: It has been a long summer with these guys:rolleyes: :yes:

Russell Peters
10-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Lots of younguns to find homes for :yes:

A little soy sauce and a barbeque works as well.;)

Marilyn
10-05-2008, 11:17 PM
May I have a follow up question? :D:

What is the koi at 9 o'clock in pic 5? Dark orange/red with a dark spot on the head.

vipldy
10-05-2008, 11:18 PM
A little soy sauce and a barbeque works as well.;)

Meany:harhar: It's not easy:no: There might be 1 or 2 keepers:cool3:

vipldy
10-05-2008, 11:20 PM
May I have a follow up question? :D:

What is the koi at 9 o'clock in pic 5? Dark orange/red with a dark spot on the head.

That would be a mutt:D: But I wanted to see it grow out a bit:yes: Then I will give it to Russ to barbecue:harhar:

Marilyn
10-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Lol, leave it to me to find the one mutt in the herd. :redface:

Hang on a minute, is it the unique and extremely rare benigoi tancho?? :D: