PDA

View Full Version : Tancho or Showa

afertuna
08-21-2008, 05:34 PM
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh81/afertuna/tancho.jpg

I know this one will be tore apart LOL. Is it a Tncho or is it a Showa? Origionally when I got it it was a Tancho Bekko male that is 16-18" Now he has developed little spots of hi everywhere like someone splattered paint. I did use him in a breeding with a couple of Kohaku's and right now I have to say the Tancho spot pulled thru nicely and quite a bit of Hi not much sumi shoing thru yet they are all under 5"

jonathan
08-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Lokks like a very poor Tancho.... The tancho spot is not a sircle its a god knows what. The stray hi is just flat out ugly ! If the stray hi would disapear its wouild be alot nicer.

Simi Koi
08-21-2008, 05:40 PM
I'd call this a Tancho Sanke but really its just a Sanke. If the bits of Hi fade away, then it will really be a Tancho Sanke.

Joel Acker
08-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Ned hit the nail on the head. That Simi Koi guy sure is a smart feller

afertuna
08-21-2008, 07:21 PM
The spekling just showed up within the last couple of months since I got him. I picked him because I could tell the sumi was coming out and it looked like he had potential. since then the hi appeared and the sumi has not truly developed. I hope after having him a year it will disapear (the hi) and the sumi will fill in better. Especially since the hi is much lighter than the tancho spot. I took this photo on july 25th and I should take another one soon to compare it too there has been a difference in the colors. I forgot when I asked if it was a showa that showa were the sumi bodied fish with shiro and hi markings I am still learning.:yes:

Could the speckling be from water differences. I bought him in Washington after he was imported from Japan?Then he was put on good old fashion Portlnd city water? Why I ask is I have had speckling before.

Aussies5
08-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Lokks like a very poor Tancho.... The tancho spot is not a sircle its a god knows what. The stray hi is just flat out ugly ! If the stray hi would disapear its wouild be alot nicer.

Jonathan, why don't you say what you really mean!:D: By the way, it is spelled CIRCLE.

lukef
08-21-2008, 08:33 PM
I'd krrp it just to see what the hi is gonna end up doing..if it it ain't done cooking why take it out of the oven