PDA

View Full Version : i'm out.

rufftie
08-09-2008, 07:46 PM
it is with great sadness that i announce i'm out of the growout. i came home from a weeks vacation and all was well with the mud pond. all 5 fish(2 shiros, 1 sanke and 2 star trek fish) came to eat. same with tues. weds thru fri. no one answered the food call. decided, again, to drain the mud pond, all 7000 gallons. at the very bottom i found the sanke and the ugliest fish in there. no shiros. :no: not exactly sure what got them. no sign of a snapper, could be a racoon, but my best guess is a heron. i'm beside myself. moved sanke to my big pond. tossed ugly fish into other mud pond. taking to hard lemonade. good luck to all others. L.

Rick Gippner
08-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Bummer

Gordon Parr
08-09-2008, 07:56 PM
That is what happened to me during the Chagoi growout.

I was lucky (as I hope you feel) that they were only $50.00 fish and not the "real" expensive kind!!!

Sorry for your loss!

rufftie
08-09-2008, 08:11 PM
thanks guys. luckily the makc american breeders show is in a month. maybe i can find something there that can ease my broken heart. :-)

lukef
08-09-2008, 08:37 PM
rufftie,
What happened to those dogs in your avatar?

Just Jessie
08-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Thats too bad, but there is always next year!!!!

Lori Jo
08-09-2008, 11:03 PM
DANG! How dissapointing. So sorry for your loss. Go buy some new jewels!!

Sadia
08-10-2008, 12:09 AM
awwww - so sorry:cry:

LilHoover
08-10-2008, 12:11 AM
I'm sorry. It is never easy. :no:

What is a "star trek" fish? :confused:

db reddragonfly
08-10-2008, 01:58 AM
:surprise:oohhhh I hate it when fish are unaccounted for. Sounds like the work of a heron. Sorry.

Bill OTMS
08-10-2008, 07:16 AM
I hate that. It's the mystery crap that bugs ya. Hope you find good replacements.

rufftie
08-10-2008, 07:37 AM
thanks all. dogs in avatar are fine luke. just weren't on guard early in the morning when herons visit. they were probably lying in bed like they are now! star trek fish are fish that dare to go where no fish has gone before. they tested the condtions of the new mud pond before i put good fish in. strange the brightest fish, the sanke, survived. will have to net before i put anything back in small mud pond. maybe next year. putting on my big girl panties and looking forward to makc!

Noahsnana
08-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Sad for you :(

koitoo
08-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Sorry to hear your loss! One of my SU and Showa growout disappeared and I don't know where they are! I think I have a visitor, but I haven't seen it in person. I am hoping they are in hiding. I will find out once I move the herd indoor for the winter.

Rudy
08-10-2008, 12:25 PM
So sorry. Nothing good to say about this kind of thing :no:

dick benbow
08-11-2008, 08:57 AM
I've found over the decades in my character, a real urge to nurture. With Koi and Bonsai, I feel led to be there every day. Because of that my kids grew up to resent the hobby because vacation time was so limited because I hated to leave thecare to someone else for even a small period of time.

Still one has to accept that living jewels are subject like all things to the hazards of life.

I'm sorry for your loss. and like the student that falls off his horse, gotta urge you to get back on as quick as you can and ride again or in your case get some new Koi. Just like when we lose a dog or cat, a new puppy or kitten helps us to get over the lose.

Too bad we can't hug our Koi :)

rufftie
08-11-2008, 01:17 PM
thanks again. having owned horses for 20 yrs, i've fallen off plenty! did hug the dogs and whisper in their ears "i'm glad it wasn't you." will now have a mission at makc show, maybe a new shiro, always a showa, and maybe a brady kohaku!