PDA

View Full Version : Lets Talk Fry

vipldy
07-24-2008, 10:11 PM
My spawn as far as I know was a female Kohaku,male ginrin chagoi and a male kohaku. They spawned June 30th 2008 and starting hatching July 3rd. They will be 3 weeks old the end of this week..

I am feeding them live baby brine shrimp, powdered fry food 46% pr., frozen baby brine, daphnia(frozen), Artifcial Rotifera 65% pr...I feed 3-4 times a day but never know if I feeding them enough:no:

They were hatched in 100 gal.stock tank with flow threw and have a 3-4 gal. an hour water change..

We split them up a bit and bought a 300 gal. stock tank also with flow threw.

We have 2 sponge filters in each tank and air stones.

They are 3/8-1/2" with a few at 3/4"..

They are yellow,brown, some grays,some whites.. The yellow ones are starting to lighten up from the tail to the head..

So tell me your spawn,fry,parents,tanks and size,age and filters...

Marie

gander
07-24-2008, 10:18 PM
mine are in kiddie pools with tadpoles and lilies and water bugs. I dont feed them anything but a few pellets of generic floating fish food that they nibble on. They are just to keep down the skeeters, no filters no air no flow through unless I leave the hose running and no dechlor.

vipldy
07-24-2008, 10:20 PM
mine are in kiddie pools with tadpoles and lilies and water bugs. I dont feed them anything but a few pellets of generic floating fish food that they nibble on. They are just to keep down the skeeters, no filters no air no flow through unless I leave the hose running and no dechlor.

I did put a few in some larger lily pots to see how they would do:yes: We have a few to spare:rolleyes:

vipldy
07-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Cute:yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gH4u15FOtQ&feature=related

tyco4357
07-25-2008, 08:44 AM
:cheer:

Mine are in a 400 gal. baby vat in my greenhouse. I have shusui babies and comet babies. Some colors are starting to show now. I have 4 sponge filters plus regular large filter with cover on instake to prevent any suck ups.. plus airstones. I feed them the same as you, grinding up al kinds of food. They are about a month and a half old.

vipldy
07-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Ok lets talk about how much food a day..Like a sprinkle of powder or a cup of baby brine shrimp? I feed 4 times a day but with so many fry besides the fact they are alive how do you know they are getting enough:confused:

Marie

vipldy
07-25-2008, 11:51 AM
:cheer:

Mine are in a 400 gal. baby vat in my greenhouse. I have shusui babies and comet babies. Some colors are starting to show now. I have 4 sponge filters plus regular large filter with cover on instake to prevent any suck ups.. plus airstones. I feed them the same as you, grinding up al kinds of food. They are about a month and a half old.

How big are they?

vipldy
07-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Just saw and caught a bigger fry(toby I guess) eating a smaller fry..He wasn't all that big:rolleyes: I put him in a lily tank:yes:

vipldy
07-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Ok another toby eating a fry:rolleyes: He was moved as well:rolleyes:

Marie

stephen
07-25-2008, 10:20 PM

Marie

Great picture Marie:cool:

jhamil4ton
07-25-2008, 10:51 PM

Marie

Wow...It's amazing that you caught that in a pic. I haven't witnessed that at all. (I did have some pretty dark green water early on though. Nice pic!:punk1:

vipldy
07-25-2008, 10:56 PM
Wow...It's amazing that you caught that in a pic. I haven't witnessed that at all. (I did have some pretty dark green water early on though. Nice pic!:punk1:

Then he had the nerve to let it go:rolleyes: Then I netted him:D: The water was more green but we have shade cloth over the tank now:yes:

Marie

Lari
07-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Jhamilton, how many hours a day do you spend sitting out beside your fry tank with a magnifying glass? ;) I'll bet if you did a lot of that you'd find this sort of thing too. ;)

vipldy
07-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Jhamilton, how many hours a day do you spend sitting out beside your fry tank with a magnifying glass? ;) I'll bet if you did a lot of that you'd find this sort of thing too. ;)

:rolleyes: :harhar: :D:

jhamil4ton
07-27-2008, 04:56 PM

Hilarious....:clap:

Doug C.
07-28-2008, 01:12 PM
My frys are similar to vip, instead the female parent is gin rin chagoi, male is mixtures of few types, kohaku, goskiki, gin rin sanke. They are now six weeks old, i separated them into 4 areas. All the 1/2 inche and smaller frys i put into 150 gallon tank..tobies into a separate compartment in the large pond...goldfish/koi mix into separate small pond... the rest of the frys in the large pond 2500 gal. I plan to keep about 100 hand picked frys for myself. The rest to 3 local fish stores. One fish store wanted to hand picked his selection at 3 inches for $3 each fish.