PDA

View Full Version : Ethan25's 2008 West Coast Ikeage Showa

Ethan25
07-23-2008, 09:58 AM
11.5 Inch female, Matsunosuke blood

Can't wait to see it come out of the mud (even though I can't BE there for it...)

Thanks for the great opportunity!

koiaddict
07-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Im fond of her... what a beauty!

rainblood
07-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Ethan - it would be interesting for you to photoshop your koi to see what you hope it becomes in the next few years. I would but I don't know enough about Matsunosuke sumi. I see some on the gill plate and think it will develop on the head. But as far as the rest of the body :shrug:

Com' on give us your arstistic rendition! :w00t:

Ethan25
07-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Ethan - it would be interesting for you to photoshop your koi to see what you hope it becomes in the next few years. I would but I don't know enough about Matsunosuke sumi. I see some on the gill plate and think it will develop on the head. But as far as the rest of the body :shrug:

Com' on give us your arstistic rendition! :w00t:

what, me have some hopes for this one???

:D:

rainblood
07-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Lmao

Russell Peters
07-23-2008, 06:09 PM
what, me have some hopes for this one???

:D:

I think you got it right.;)

Ethan25
07-23-2008, 06:46 PM
I think you got it right.;)

don't I WISH!

(check in the mail by friday)

koiaddict
07-23-2008, 06:58 PM
That extra sumi was free

Ethan25
07-24-2008, 09:22 AM
That extra sumi was free

yeah, yeah.....

Ethan25
10-13-2008, 09:26 AM
Here are the pictures of mine after the growout. Went in at 11.5 inches, came out at 16"!

Ethan25
10-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Side by side....

Steve Nguyen
10-14-2008, 12:51 AM
this fish is going to be big. I love sakai fish.

the beni around the nose (closest to the mouth) and on the shoulders rounded up a little, I think. it does make it look better. everything else remain the same - a good indication of a strong beni. congrats!

Steve

Just Jessie
10-14-2008, 12:54 AM
Nice fish, she looks better in peson though:cheer: . I bet you can't wait to get her.:clap:

DebbieKSW
10-14-2008, 12:57 AM
mmm...nice bod there.
The tail has thickened up a lot as well.
It sure didnt hurt her.

Ethan25
10-14-2008, 08:49 AM
this fish is going to be big. I love sakai fish.

the beni around the nose (closest to the mouth) and on the shoulders rounded up a little, I think. it does make it look better. everything else remain the same - a good indication of a strong beni. congrats!

Steve

I did notice the nose. I wasn't huge on that sharp turn that was one it, but it did round out! Good eye steve! I hope it goes big. It;ll have the chance to as I plan to leave it there for another year of grow out.

Ethan

Ethan25
10-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Nice fish, she looks better in peson though:cheer: . I bet you can't wait to get her.:clap:

Glad you got to see her Jessie! Wish I could have been there. maybe next year....

She's gonna stay with Russell for awhile.

Ethan

Russell Peters
10-14-2008, 09:51 AM
mmm...nice bod there.
The tail has thickened up a lot as well.
It sure didnt hurt her.

Notice that her head is widening as well. This is going to be an impressive body.:cool3:

Russell Peters
10-14-2008, 09:53 AM
I did notice the nose. I wasn't huge on that sharp turn that was one it, but it did round out! Good eye steve! I hope it goes big. It;ll have the chance to as I plan to leave it there for another year of grow out.

Ethan

Smaller Koi are sometimes hard to judge. Once they start to broaden out you can get a better indication of confirmation, but isn't that part of the fun.;)

Ethan25
10-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Notice that her head is widening as well. This is going to be an impressive body.:cool3:

She seems pretty deep already too, Russell. I saw this picture, and I think it is her as well.

Russell Peters
10-14-2008, 09:56 AM
She seems pretty deep already too, Russell. I saw this picture, and I think it is her as well.

Yes, it is her. As soon as I saw it I called out " This is Ethan's Showa" and had to take a good look at it. I was very pleased with the results.:cool3:

Ethan25
10-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Here's for kicks.....

looking at the fish from the side, I can see a couple areas of building sumi...not much, and this fish is as much of a crapshoot as any. Either way, with the sumi on the left gill plate, building at the rear, and some on the left side, this is what I came up with. Obviously, an amazing artists' rendition....

:eek1: :punk1: :bow: :D:

Ethan25
10-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Yes, it is her. As soon as I saw it I called out " This is Ethan's Showa" and had to take a good look at it. I was very pleased with the results.:cool3:

I may send out my matsuba special to you to grow her out for a year or two, and see if it does her any good....

:eek1:

Russell Peters
10-14-2008, 10:21 AM
I may send out my matsuba special to you to grow her out for a year or two, and see if it does her any good....

I don't think anything can help it.;)

Russell Peters
10-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Here's for kicks.....

looking at the fish from the side, I can see a couple areas of building sumi...not much, and this fish is as much of a crapshoot as any. Either way, with the sumi on the left gill plate, building at the rear, and some on the left side, this is what I came up with. Obviously, an amazing artists' rendition....

:eek1: :punk1: :bow: :D:

That would be nice wouldn't it? It would be a great balance of color. Time will tell.:cool3:

Ethan25
10-14-2008, 10:22 AM
I don't think anything can help it.;)

agreed!

Ethan25
10-14-2008, 10:25 AM
That would be nice wouldn't it? It would be a great balance of color. Time will tell.:cool3:

it'd be "nice" is an understatement....but then again, this is my second real shot at a showa, even though I have that one from Suda, which hasn't grown as well as this one in the last 4 months.....wonder why?!

I can wish can't I?

DW thinks we are going to pay our way through our daughter's college with this one. I told her no matter what it ends up, we are keeping it.

it'll probably end up being me or the fish.

;)

Russell Peters
10-14-2008, 10:32 AM
it'd be "nice" is an understatement....but then again, this is my second real shot at a showa, even though I have that one from Suda, which hasn't grown as well as this one in the last 4 months.....wonder why?!

I can wish can't I?

DW thinks we are going to pay our way through our daughter's college with this one. I told her no matter what it ends up, we are keeping it.

it'll probably end up being me or the fish.

;)

Life is full of hard choices.;)

Ethan25
10-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Life is full of hard choices.;)

right, and I don't think that'd be a tough one for her to make...