PDA

View Full Version : Fish had babies

Wink
06-28-2008, 11:04 AM
This is the second season that they have spawned ,that i know about. I was cleaning out my settling chamber the other day and to my surprise it had about 5 tiny fish swimming around . They got sucked up by the bottom drain. I made a floating pen for them in my pond . This is the first time i had to care for babies.
I was wondering what to feed them so i been feeding them crushed up flake food which they are eating . Is there anything else i need to be aware about so they stay healthy ? They seem to be Muts because i have goldies and koi in the pond.:cheer: :cheer:

vipldy
06-28-2008, 02:29 PM
This is the second season that they have spawned ,that i know about. I was cleaning out my settling chamber the other day and to my surprise it had about 5 tiny fish swimming around . They got sucked up by the bottom drain. I made a floating pen for them in my pond . This is the first time i had to care for babies.
I was wondering what to feed them so i been feeding them crushed up flake food which they are eating . Is there anything else i need to be aware about so they stay healthy ? They seem to be Muts because i have goldies and koi in the pond.:cheer: :cheer:

Very cool:cool: Just give them a good flake food and if they are in the pond water they are finding all kinds of micro bugs:yes: Babies are always eating so feed them good and keep an eye on your water quailty..Congrats:clap: We need pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marie