PDA

View Full Version : Just got an email from Morninglight Koi

anthonym
06-01-2008, 02:37 PM
I have sent him dozens of emails over the last 4 days. He was holding 3 fish for me. One of which he emailed had died on Thursday. I told him to send the other 2 and refund the dead one. Then I never heard from him. Then the news here about KHV and disconnected phone numbers for him.
So I emailed him many more times telling him not ship the the other two. Refund all three.
Here is a reply I finallly get.

Like I said in the email. I will ship FEDEX on Monday June 8th. Will pay for the shipping then will refund you the difference

mrpig
06-01-2008, 02:57 PM
What a nightmare. What if he ships you the koi? You'd almost certainly have to quarantine for an incredibly long period of time, and have serology done multiple times... at least that's what I'd do (short of euthanizing). I hope he refunds.

Susan Reed
06-01-2008, 03:00 PM
refuse shipment maybe :rolleyes: If it were me I would!

anthonym
06-01-2008, 03:04 PM
I emailed him back and told him not to ship. Will see if he replies.

ColumbiaWaterGardens.com
06-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Just curious, before you purchased the koi, did the seller have a return or performance guatantee that you cold hold them to? We all know that you can also dispute your charges.....

anthonym
06-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Yes , i have an email from brian Drake stateing that if anything happens to the koi while is his care he would refund me the sale.

cindy
06-01-2008, 04:04 PM
poor fish

Just Jessie
06-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Poor Brian as well as the fish, I am sure this will ruin him and it seems like while he is down everyone is kicking him. Yes this is serious, but do we know all the facts for sure yet?????

Skitals
06-01-2008, 06:27 PM
What I found truly disturbing is that in the wake of all this, he has intentions of letting koi leave his facilities. It should be on lock down until thorough testing has been performed. You're right, Jessie, we don't know all the facts yet, but with something like this I don't think any Koi should be leaving his shop until we do. ESPECIALLY when one of the 3 koi, most likely a tank mate, DIED last week! There are red flags everywhere. The best thing to do it put up the yellow tape until all the tests come back and everything is figured out.

Carl
06-01-2008, 06:34 PM
I also feel badly for Bryan, but the proper thing for him to do is to come forward and explain the situation. He needs to let us know if he has it contained, what he is doing to correct the problem, etc.

You just can't dodge this stuff.

madeyna
06-01-2008, 06:44 PM
I agree , I recently bought 6 fish that came off his place and are still in qt . If he confronts this head on and takes care of the problem I will continue to buy fish that came from him once he has pronounced his place clear. I haven,t lost any of the fish nor are they sick , and I hope to have them for many years to come but they will be staying in qt for at least a year.

Maryanne
06-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Brian has been in touch with me but I am not going into details. Suffice it to say I have no complaints at this time but am not sharing anything since this was a private transaction and there is a prevalence of the
"dogpile on the rabbit" mentality. I speak from recent experience.:rolleyes:

mrpig
06-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Brian has been in touch with me but I am not going into details. Suffice it to say I have no complaints at this time but am not sharing anything since this was a private transaction and there is a prevalence of the
"dogpile on the rabbit" mentality. I speak from recent experience.:rolleyes:I'm sorry, but I don't agree with your take on this situation. I think the only people who have jumped on the rabbit, are those who feel they may have been bitten by the rabbit. The rest of us are just concerned about Brian and about prevention of the spread of this terrible disease.

I wouldn't wish this crap on anyone... and I'm sure just about everyone here feels the same.

anthonym
06-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Poor Brian as well as the fish, I am sure this will ruin him and it seems like while he is down everyone is kicking him. Yes this is serious, but do we know all the facts for sure yet?????
I would feel that way if it wernt for the fact that he disconected his phone numbers. Took 4 days to return emails then tried to send the fish anyway.
He haas now emailed that he will refund me but not till the 10th. Why would it not be refunded right away?
It looks like more delaying tactics to me just like the delay tactics he used when he was suppose to ship these koi to me since April but constantly came up with reasons why he could not ship.
I

Maryanne
06-01-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with your take on this situation. I think the only people who have jumped on the rabbit, are those who feel they may have been bitten by the rabbit. The rest of us are just concerned about Brian and about prevention of the spread of this terrible disease.

I wouldn't wish this crap on anyone... and I'm sure just about everyone here feels the same.

Sorry you are mistaken. I am the rabbit and have bitten no one:no:

Just Jessie
06-01-2008, 07:16 PM
I would feel that way if it wernt for the fact that he disconected his phone numbers. Took 4 days to return emails then tried to send the fish anyway.
He haas now emailed that he will refund me but not till the 10th. Why would it not be refunded right away?
It looks like more delaying tactics to me just like the delay tactics he used when he was suppose to ship these koi to me since April but constantly came up with reasons why he could not ship.
I

Maybe he has been waiting to see if he has a problem and thats why he has delayed. Maybe he has had to return shipments of suspected fish and doesn't have the money to pay his phone bills....or refund your purchase price. There are a lot of probable reasons, and I am just trying to look at both sides. But until Brian comes forward and tells us what is going on, I am afraid most of us will think the worst. I think we are all thinking the worst right now, even if we don't believe it, we have all thought it and I agree he needs to be open so we can protect our ponds and maybe even be of help to him.

Charles Pearson
06-01-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with your take on this situation. I think the only people who have jumped on the rabbit, are those who feel they may have been bitten by the rabbit. The rest of us are just concerned about Brian and about prevention of the spread of this terrible disease.

MRPIG, I agree! With everything we know about Brian, we know he'll be here soon to fill us in on anything he can straighten out. This is truly a (Worst Nightmare) for a koi dealer.

anthonym
06-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Maybe he has been waiting to see if he has a problem and thats why he has delayed. Maybe he has had to return shipments of suspected fish and doesn't have the money to pay his phone bills....or refund your purchase price. There are a lot of probable reasons, and I am just trying to look at both sides. But until Brian comes forward and tells us what is going on, I am afraid most of us will think the worst. I think we are all thinking the worst right now, even if we don't believe it, we have all thought it and I agree he needs to be open so we can protect our ponds and maybe even be of help to him.

If you are in business and you are dealing in itmes in the thousands , you better have the money to refund . if not you should not be in business.
I am in business. Selling items much more expensive then fish and if a refund needs to be done it is instantly to the second , not 2 weeks later.
There is nothing to look into here, the fish died last week before I received it.He had already said he would refund if a fish dies. When I purchased these fish I paid for them aas soon as he had them not two weeks later.
BTW I did try to help him and yet I still get the delay email about not getting refunding till june 10th. Just like shipping the koi, next week, then next week, then next month, then koi died.
During all those delays I was a Brian Drake supporter, look at my past posts on the emergency forum defending him a month ago.

mrpig
06-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Sorry you are mistaken. I am the rabbit and have bitten no one:no:I'm sorry. I thought you were referring to Brian.

If you were talking about your recent thread, I find it odd that you are still talking about it, because you requested silence: http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1316885&postcount=24 I'm happy to discuss my feelings about your situation, but I'm not going to mess-up Anthony's thread to do it. You can PM me if you'd like my opinion, or re-open your thread.

Maryanne
06-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Nope, not talking about it at all.
Just the manner in which it was received.
And I'll not hijack Anthony's thread either.

'
I'm sorry. I thought you were referring to Brian.

If you were talking about your recent thread, I find it odd that you are still talking about it, because you requested silence: http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1316885&postcount=24 I'm happy to discuss my feelings about your situation, but I'm not going to mess-up Anthony's thread to do it. You can PM me if you'd like my opinion, or re-open your thread.

cindy
06-01-2008, 09:31 PM
MRPIG, I agree! With everything we know about Brian, we know he'll be here soon to fill us in on anything he can straighten out. This is truly a (Worst Nightmare) for a koi dealer.

I don't know of any rich koi dealers, unless they were rich when they started.

This is a nightmare all round. Imagine having bills and getting sick fish. Not defending Brian not coming on and saying whats happening but every story has 2 sides.

koi4u2c
06-01-2008, 09:56 PM
I agree that maybe the fish were not shipped, because Brian suspected a problem. Then it takes time to get fish tested -as he may have done.

Then can you imagine the work of possibly getting rid of numerous fish and sterilizing?

And at this time of year he probably has lots of money tied up in new fish shipments.

Also the job of trying to track down where the problem came from.

He may have just found out about this himself, maybe even after the sick fish were discovered at Roberts.

I agree, give him time. Don't automatically jump to conclusions.

anthonym
06-01-2008, 10:03 PM
This story does not really have 2 sides. He had 3 of my koi. He was suppose to ship in APril , never did, so he emailed that if anything happens to the fish under his care he would refund me. Thursday he emails one is dead. I tell him to refund. No more contact till today. Now he tells me he will not refund till June 10th. This is just delay tactics. This has nothing to do with if he has a case of khv or not . The fish is already dead. He has agreed to not ship the other 2 to me. I do not care about that part of this equation. This is just about being refunded for the first dead fish under his care. WHy would I need to wait 2 weeks for this refund?

anthonym
06-01-2008, 10:05 PM
I agree that maybe the fish were not shipped, because Brian suspected a problem. Then it takes time to get fish tested -as he may have done.

Then can you imagine the work of possibly getting rid of numerous fish and sterilizing?

And at this time of year he probably has lots of money tied up in new fish shipments.

Also the job of trying to track down where the problem came from.

He may have just found out about this himself, maybe even after the sick fish were discovered at Roberts.

I agree, give him time. Don't automatically jump to conclusions.

He is obviously not too concerened about if he has khv, he was planning to ship me 2 fish from his place next monday till I demanded that he not ship them.

farne230
06-01-2008, 11:03 PM
I agree, I would not accept any koi until the seller convinces me the koi I bought were not exposed. The only way this will happen is if the seller disclosed what happened and what is being done to correct the problem. I would also insist on PCA testing for KHV at this stage, since the outbreak has occurred. Just my two cents, IMO. Is there an agency in the USA that regulates this type of out-break and makes sure if notified proper protocol is followed and the outbreak contained and eradicated?
Bob

Cowiche Ponder
06-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Wish all businesses were like yours, shoot I wish mine was. If I had to refund a customer for a complete order (and I'm talking a couple hundred dollars) I would not necessarily be able to do it RIGHT NOW. I could borrow out of the farm account and do it, but not necessarily out of my company account. Times are not good everywhere. Bills to pay, critters to feed.

I don't like hearing about the delays in replies and fish not being shipped, fish dying..KHV etc. And it's not my money that is tied up either :no: . But if he truly has been hit with a problem it may take him some time.

If you are in business and you are dealing in itmes in the thousands , you better have the money to refund . if not you should not be in business.
I am in business. Selling items much more expensive then fish and if a refund needs to be done it is instantly to the second , not 2 weeks later.
There is nothing to look into here, the fish died last week before I received it.He had already said he would refund if a fish dies. When I purchased these fish I paid for them aas soon as he had them not two weeks later.
BTW I did try to help him and yet I still get the delay email about not getting refunding till june 10th. Just like shipping the koi, next week, then next week, then next month, then koi died.
During all those delays I was a Brian Drake supporter, look at my past posts on the emergency forum defending him a month ago.

madeyna
06-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Wish all businesses were like yours, shoot I wish mine was. If I had to refund a customer for a complete order (and I'm talking a couple hundred dollars) I would not necessarily be able to do it RIGHT NOW. I could borrow out of the farm account and do it, but not necessarily out of my company account. Times are not good everywhere. Bills to pay, critters to feed.

I don't like hearing about the delays in replies and fish not being shipped, fish dying..KHV etc. And it's not my money that is tied up either :no: . But if he truly has been hit with a problem it may take him some time.

If he is being confronted with this problem I could easily see there being cash flow issues. It probly take him a few months to get things straightened out. As long as he is upfront about every thing why not cut him some slack.

KINGBASHI
06-01-2008, 11:58 PM
If he is being confronted with this problem I could easily see there being cash flow issues. It probly take him a few months to get things straightened out. As long as he is upfront about every thing why not cut him some slack.

sure, why not, lets give him a few years to pay back all the money he owes to everyone-(including me!):rolleyes: ----i doubt you would have this stand if brian ripped you off hundreds or in most cases thousands of dollars!!--how many scammed people does it take before we see the light?--brian would always call back, pm or email me back within hours BEFORE i payed him ?? hmmm-:hmph: -how long does it take to email someone back??---how long would it take brian to post on any of the SEVERAL threads that claim fraud by him??--we all know he is reading every word of every thread including mine!!---i know if i was a stand up dealer and had nothing to hide i would reply within seconds of any and all alligations of fraudulant dealings every single time!!--whats its say when brian jumps in a hole as soon as trouble arrises??--:spyme: --i guess when you burn enough people you are bound to go down in flames!!!----steve

rctfan2
06-02-2008, 12:35 AM
I don't think their would even be a problem if brian would have been forthcoming to begin with, and explained everything that was going on. May this be a lesson to others.

Moneypit
06-02-2008, 01:00 AM
Brians profile says the last time he was on Koiphen was a week ago, so he probably has not seen these threads:no:

http://www.koiphen.com/forums/member.php?u=617

Cowiche Ponder
06-02-2008, 01:55 AM
If he doesn't have a working phone, I highly doubt he has working internet

DebbieKSW
06-02-2008, 02:31 AM
Quite simply it would be an enormous mess to sort out and anyone would need some time to take things one at a time until the job is done.
Give him time if you could.

Carl
06-02-2008, 09:02 AM
I moved this thread to the Vendor's Forum.

KINGBASHI
06-02-2008, 09:25 AM

you can have a working internet without a working phone!!--i dont have a home phone at all--its called cable--was the phone shut off or did brian shut it off???--you can also read all of koiphens threads without signing in, this would explain why it shows brian not logging in---:Surrender: ----steve

rainblood
06-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Quite simply it would be an enormous mess to sort out and anyone would need some time to take things one at a time until the job is done.
Give him time if you could.

He is dealing with a sh*tstorm right now that is going to effect every aspect of his livelihood. Logging on to Koiphen is probably the last thing on his mind

madeyna
06-02-2008, 12:53 PM
sure, why not, lets give him a few years to pay back all the money he owes to everyone-(including me!):rolleyes: ----i doubt you would have this stand if brian ripped you off hundreds or in most cases thousands of dollars!!--how many scammed people does it take before we see the light?--brian would always call back, pm or email me back within hours BEFORE i payed him ?? hmmm-:hmph: -how long does it take to email someone back??---how long would it take brian to post on any of the SEVERAL threads that claim fraud by him??--we all know he is reading every word of every thread including mine!!---i know if i was a stand up dealer and had nothing to hide i would reply within seconds of any and all alligations of fraudulant dealings every single time!!--whats its say when brian jumps in a hole as soon as trouble arrises??--:spyme: --i guess when you burn enough people you are bound to go down in flames!!!----steve

I bought 6 fish that came off of his place in may of this year. I don,t care for how he is handlng you and I am not saying you should give him years to make it right. But I do think he is aparently going threw a lot of stuff right now and it would not hurt to cut him a little slack . If the repayment is not made when promised and he is still not forth coming about exactly what is happening and no effort is being made on his part to settle with with you in either in payments or payment in full then I would be really ticked and ready for further action. But right now its still early on and I would think things are probley coming at him from all directions all at once. He could simply be over welmed and not handling it very well. I understand that its hard not to be ticked off in your position.

shizuka
06-02-2008, 02:05 PM

If a great deal of my business needed to be conducted via email or the internet, and I was having issues at home with connectivity, there is always Kinko's and public libraries where I could check and reply to email. Kinkos isnt free, the library is. I would also be able to simply go to a friends house and use thier comp should the need arise. I dont buy excuses when there are very simple solutions.
Robert

anthonym
06-02-2008, 03:55 PM
In an email to me on Sunday he stated he would refund my money by the 10th of this month.
I sent an email today stating that I will wait for that to arrive . If i do not receive a check by his set deadline then I will take actions on the 11th.

a1_motors562
06-02-2008, 05:16 PM
If a great deal of my business needed to be conducted via email or the internet, and I was having issues at home with connectivity, there is always Kinko's and public libraries where I could check and reply to email. Kinkos isnt free, the library is. I would also be able to simply go to a friends house and use thier comp should the need arise. I dont buy excuses when there are very simple solutions.
Robert

I won't saying that I'm defending his actions or whatnot, however, I think anyone who isn't in Brian's shoe can pretty much say how they would react/respond...but when it comes down to it that might be a different story.

anthonym
06-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Of course it is the 11th and no refund.
Next step under way.

NaturesCall
06-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Of course it is the 11th and no refund.
Next step under way.
Good Luck...

anthonym
06-23-2008, 05:21 PM
I was finally able to get through to Brian Drake on his cell phone number today.
No apologies from him about the fish or not sending a refund. All he did was hang up on me. Classy business owner there. Att Generals office is awaiting his response.

KINGBASHI
06-23-2008, 10:36 PM
I was finally able to get through to Brian Drake on his cell phone number today.
No apologies from him about the fish or not sending a refund. All he did was hang up on me. Classy business owner there. Att Generals office is awaiting his response.

sounds like the brian i know!!---i have been calling and emailing for months now trying to get my money back--last time i talked to him he was very rude and offered no apology for any of his wrong doings--:no: --i have never recieved a single penny back yet!!!----what a shame-----steve

Carl
06-24-2008, 08:41 PM
There have been a several posts in support of other posters and some that are just critical of Brian without relating personal experiences. While I understand peoples desire to post their opinions about the subject, that is just not the purpose of this forum. It's very difficult to moderate this forum, so please be understanding if we err in one direction or the other.

anthonym
06-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Update here. I received another email from Brian today. I think we have things worked out. :clap: . I will keep this updated.

boggen
07-11-2008, 01:05 PM
any more good news?

anthonym
07-12-2008, 03:35 PM
I received one payment of what I guess will be 4 payments. We have not worked out a time frame of payments but I did get the first one.

Ethan25
07-14-2008, 04:32 PM
that's great news anthony....VERY glad to hear it.

too bad you had to go through so much though.

Hirogoi
07-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Did he say anything about how the fish are doing?

autnspg2
09-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Brian Drake finally came clean about KHV. I don't know how long this has been up on his website, I just came across it this morning.

http://www.morninglightkoi.com/

cindy
09-20-2008, 08:49 PM
I hope he gets everything worked out.

mrpig
09-21-2008, 01:03 AM
This is great news. I wish Brian good juju from this point, on.
It sucks that he had to go through this... but I'm glad he's coming clean about what happened. It's the right thing to do. I think the new protocols are great.

Maybe an appropriate slogan for all of us:
"KHV Happens"

Hirogoi
09-21-2008, 02:25 PM
I guess I have to go up and pay him a visit soon. :yes: I'll still do my own QT, but I've missed his place.

anthonym
09-24-2008, 02:25 PM
I guess I should update this thread. I only received that first payment from Brian Drake in early July. He has not sent me any of the other money he owes me that he said he was going to mail. I have emailed him about it, once he returned an email saying he would send out another payment soon, when he sold more fish.
Now he is back to not returning emails. I reopened the case with the Att Gen office.

Luck
09-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Give it some time, I am sure money is something he doesn't have a lot of right now.

stephen
09-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Give it some time, I am sure money is something he doesn't have a lot of right now.

I have been waiting 21 months for the $82,000.00 he got me for. What would be an appropriate amount of time:confused:

shizuka
09-25-2008, 05:44 PM
I have only waited since April. Still no email replys, phone calls, regular mail etc.
I wouldnt exactly call this "coming clean". I am aware of several people that have lingering issues with him.
Robert

Gordon Parr
09-25-2008, 06:41 PM
I have been waiting 21 months for the $82,000.00 he got me for. What would be an appropriate amount of time:confused:

OUCH!!! That is going to leave a mark!!!

sundan
09-25-2008, 07:23 PM
holy moly Stephen! When you do things, you do it bigger! When is koiphenvilla grand open, ribbon cutting party to come about??:cool:

jonathan
09-25-2008, 07:42 PM
I have only waited since April. Still no email replys, phone calls, regular mail etc.
I wouldnt exactly call this "coming clean". I am aware of several people that have lingering issues with him.
Robert
Sorry to hear about your biss........

Aussies5
09-25-2008, 09:15 PM

Stephen, I hope the amount of $82,000.00 is a joke. No matter how good his business gets, I don't think any fish dealer could repay that amount.

Sugarloafkoi
09-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Stephen, I hope the amount of $82,000.00 is a joke. No matter how good his business gets, I don't think any fish dealer could repay that amount.

He should be able to repay it, he borrowed it!!!

a1_motors562
11-19-2008, 11:42 PM
He should be able to repay it, he borrowed it!!!

Any new updates? Has everything been resolved? Seems like he is back at selling fishes again.

anthonym
01-10-2009, 07:05 PM
No, he never payed one more penny and he does not return calls or emails. The only reason he made one payment and returned a call the first time was because I reported him to the Washington Att Generals office. I have reported him again and they said if he does not respond to their emails, letters, calls they will be making a visit.

Ethan25
03-09-2009, 11:37 AM
update??