PDA

View Full Version : Snap, Crackle & Pop

"B"
05-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Visited Ryan today to pick up my babies. He was the closest one to share shipping costs with. Really enjoyed seeing his set-up.

Thankx for all the hard work you put into organizing this deal.
I wanna give a big shot out to Ryan and Lee:yahoo:
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! GREAT JOB!:bow:

I am very happy with my selections, we all got great deals.

I named mine Snap, Crackle & Pop;)
Don't really know why I came up with these names, just popped into my head.

Snap is in the top right corner, crackle in the middle and pop at the bottom left.
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7670/koiphen2008shiroutsurisna6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I think the names fit pretty well.

Anyhow, enough rambling.

I'm very excited to see how these babies will turn out. ????:punk1:

I'm putting them in my 400 gallon QT for about 2 weeks, then I'll throw them in my main pond. Main pond is about 6,000 gallons, with seven fish ranging from 17" - 22" (before the new additions). I plan on culling a couple more in the next couple weeks to keep the stocking level as low as I can... I had 25 last year and did a good jub culling this spring. Now, it's really starting to get hard. These will be some of the nicest koi I'll have had in my pond up to this point. So, I'm excited about advancing to the next level. I'm trying hard to do everything right, so any suggestions are welcomed. Now, I just need to figure out how much I can feed them without feeding them too much.

I'll be feeding them a combination of Dianichi, boiled shrimp and silk worm pupea.

Wish me luck. Now that I have nicer fish, I'm more nervous than in the past when I had less investment in them.

Bryan

Lari
05-18-2008, 07:23 PM
They're cute and the names sound perfect to me too!

RichToyBox
05-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Feed rate should be monitored by ammonia and nitrite levels, if zero, feed more, if not zero feed less. I think I would extend the QT to a minimum of 3 weeks, particularly if the QT filter is able to keep up with a good feeding rate.

"B"
05-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Feed rate should be monitored by ammonia and nitrite levels, if zero, feed more, if not zero feed less. I think I would extend the QT to a minimum of 3 weeks, particularly if the QT filter is able to keep up with a good feeding rate.

Thanks for sharing your opinion

Leekinneykoi
05-18-2008, 09:33 PM
:clap: Nice "B" and thanks for the kudos:yes: .

I really like Crackle, and swear you got two SU in one:eek1: :D: :yes:, neat pattern.

"B"
05-19-2008, 07:13 AM
What do you mean by 2 in one?

Leekinneykoi
05-19-2008, 07:22 AM
What do you mean by 2 in one?
The red outline looks like another head/face to me with an eye and all:D:

"B"
05-19-2008, 09:05 PM
ok, now I see it