PDA

View Full Version : Koitoo SU Growout

koitoo
05-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Here are my 4 random pick SUs

Pic #1 - a group pic
Pic #2 - a 5" SU
Pic #3 - a 8" SU - awesome sumi (jet black!!!)
Pic #4 - a 8" SU - my favorite and can't wait to see the sumi pops!!!
Pic #5 - a 6" SU

I am worry about SU in pic#4! It has a very large yellow area on top of the body. I am going to post this question in the main forum for more responses. Sorry for the double post. Oh! After one week, they are still very stress out. The shiro shows a lot of red veins.

Carl
05-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Pics!

koitoo
05-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Pics!

Pics are up Carl! My fingers are too fast for my brain:D: :D:

Carl
05-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Pics are up Carl! My fingers are too fast for my brain:D: :D:

Make sure you keep the water clean and keep them calm. What tests are you using to test the water?

koitoo
05-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Tetra pond test kit, I think. I changed water everyday about 5% a day. The water look dirty in the pic due to the dirty bowl.

Carl
05-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Tetra pond test kit, I think. I changed water everyday about 5% a day. The water look dirty in the pic due to the dirty bowl.

My SU's were really stressed when they came in. The sanke looked fine. But, the SU's look good now.

Make sure you keep checking the water to make sure you catch anything before it goes to far. How are they acting?

koitoo
05-07-2008, 10:03 PM
They are swimming and very active. I guess I stress them out even more when I moved them again. They started to eat 2 days ago and they were pigs. I am just going do a daily water change and keep an eye on the parameters. Thanks, Carl

Ryan S.
05-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Looks like a bump from shipping process maybe. My Chags last year had a lot of smaller ones that took about 4 weeks to heal to the point where they were unknoticable.

Carl
05-07-2008, 10:14 PM
They are swimming and very active. I guess I stress them out even more when I moved them again. They started to eat 2 days ago and they were pigs. I am just going do a daily water change and keep an eye on the parameters. Thanks, Carl

Yeah, I would not keep bowling them until you know they are stable. All fish carry parasites to some extent and stressing them out weakens the fish's resistance. They need some nice quiet time particularly while your water is still cycling. Glad to hear that they are active.

Ryan is probably right about the bruises.

koitoo
05-19-2008, 10:21 PM
FYI, the bruise is now a sore/ulser

http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78965

koitoo
06-03-2008, 07:48 PM
The bruise is completely healed!!!

broll
06-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Great news!
Now that he's healed he can spend all of his energy growing...
(just not as fast as mine) :)

b

six6guy
06-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Good news :yes:

Brad

koitoo
06-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Great news!
Now that he's healed he can spend all of his energy growing...
(just not as fast as mine) :)

b

They went into the main pond today! I Qted them for 4 weeks. The canary is also doing fine. Now, the canary is keeping the showa and tancho company. So, I think my SU will have a headstart, but your pond is 3x mine..hehehe. It is nice to be the first one to get my SU.

koitoo
07-27-2008, 01:11 AM
Ok, another SU growout has an ulcer! Is imported koi weaker than domestic koi? All my previous kois are domestic and no illness. Now, I have treated 2 ulcers within 3 months!!!

The sumi is getting lighter on this one and it has grown from 7 to 10 inches, but the girth has triple!!!:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

koitoo
07-27-2008, 01:21 AM
Here is what it looked like when purchased....

Carl
07-27-2008, 08:46 AM
Good growth.

It has been said that Japanese koi are weaker than domestic for various reasons such as higher refinement and being brought up in different water, etc. Whether or not that is true or not I just don't know.

My SU's have been of perfect health, but I did shotgun them twice when I received them.

koitoo
10-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Latest update...lost one of 4......the last one is now my favorite! When I first got her (i hope), she was the smallest one and still is, but the girth, shiro, and sumi are to die for - at least for me anyway:clap: :clap: :clap:

Carl
10-12-2008, 08:40 AM
You should enter at least that last one into the virtual show. :yes:

koitoo
10-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Carl,

I didn't even think of it. I think I will and maybe the PSKoi Hi Showa also. Thanks Carl for the suggestion, sir!

koitoo
04-25-2009, 12:49 PM
4/09 update....Sorry for the bad pic since I was in the hurry to go out and don't want to stress the kois too much since I was moving them from indoor to outdoor. They have carp pox, but the warm weather in the outdoor pond will melt them away. Not much growth for the winter.

Thanks

LilHoover
04-25-2009, 03:14 PM
I love, love, love that one on the left. The black pectoral fin and the white pectoral fin--that is so cool.

Thanks for posting the update. :clap::clap:

koitoo
04-27-2009, 06:54 PM
That is a no, no in the show world, but I love it also and I don't show.

I love, love, love that one on the left. The black pectoral fin and the white pectoral fin--that is so cool.

koitoo
04-27-2009, 06:54 PM
That is a no, no in the show world, but I love it also and I don't show.:harhar::harhar::harhar: