PDA

View Full Version : How do you get Gin Matsuba?

Hirogoi
03-13-2008, 01:51 PM
A friend of mine has a pond with ten random fish and every year they mass spawn and there's always a weird mix of offspring. Last year there were three really pretty Gin Matsuba babies. None of the fish are matsuba or ogons. I'd be interested in breeding some Gin Matsuba, but I was wondering what mixes produced the best.

Landon90
03-13-2008, 02:21 PM
I say you could try a controlled spawn with matsuba parents but also belive that matsuba could come from ? koi! I believe there is only so much you can do to control the spawn and it is likely to be alot of diversity in your fry. Genes are a very strange concept. The same way a brown hair brown eye set of 'human' parent can make a blue eyed blonde hair baby. Just a thought , nothing more than my opinion

tnoble
03-13-2008, 03:56 PM
A friend of mine has a pond with ten random fish and every year they mass spawn and there's always a weird mix of offspring. Last year there were three really pretty Gin Matsuba babies. None of the fish are matsuba or ogons. I'd be interested in breeding some Gin Matsuba, but I was wondering what mixes produced the best.

From my limited experience, Breeding Kujaku will give you Kujaku, an abundance of Gin matsuba and some ogons.

Travis