PDA

View Full Version : infusoria recipies and evaluating the soup you made

Shorty
01-11-2008, 09:16 PM
I have seen a few recipes in the previous threads -- has anyone got any other recipes, and more importantly how do you evaluate how well a job you did in making it for the purposes of feeding fry?

I want to try out some of the recipes and looking for how to compare the results I get.

Thanks
Shorty

garr3tt88
01-13-2008, 10:08 PM
which treads do you refer to when you say "by previous treads"?

thanks in advance.

Just Jessie
01-13-2008, 10:24 PM
I just run out to the barn grab a handful of hay and stick it in a bucket of water for a week. Not very technical, but surprisingly enough thats what we do at the lab!!!! You can check under a scope to see that you have enough critters/ul

Shorty
01-14-2008, 11:28 AM
I just run out to the barn grab a handful of hay and stick it in a bucket of water for a week. Not very technical, but surprisingly enough thats what we do at the lab!!!! You can check under a scope to see that you have enough critters/ul

Well that sure sounds simple enough! What power do you use on the microscope? Think a plain hand lense would be good enough for checking ?

Also heard something about straining the soup thru a cloth to make sure that the bigger bugs didn't end up with the fry. Do you do this, or just dump the water straight in? What sort of fish are you feeding at the lab?

which treads do you refer to when you say "by previous treads"?

I just searched koiphen for the word "infusoria" and a number of the threads have recipes.