PDA

View Full Version : I want to breed wakins (NEED HELP!)

kane123
09-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Hello every one, I'm from Thailand, my name is Kane. I plan to build a new house next 3 months and I want to make a very big pool for my lovely Wakins.

BUT!!! I have only 2 Wakins, what should I do??? I don't want to buy 1,000 Wakin for my pool. I want to breed it. I guess I will buy more large adult Wakins,but I don't know the sex of the Wakin, how to breed them, how to take care of them (and It's fry).

I have 1 months to collect the information, after that I'll start to breed them. NEED HELP!!!!

(Please, it's my dream with my Wakins!!!!)

PS. It's not for a profit purpose but LOVE!!!!!

tracey_shafer
09-05-2007, 07:17 PM
You only need 3 or 4 if you have the right sex. The girls have fatter bodies.

shellygirlky
09-17-2007, 02:49 PM
I started with 6 and now have probably 30, plus tons fry in tubs all over my house.:yahoo:

Blammo
09-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Surely you can visit a goldfish farm in Thailand to get some basic education ?

Simi Koi
11-30-2007, 03:19 PM
If you are not trying for show quality, goldfish are usually very easy to breed. Most people who allow the breeding to go unchecked end up with dozens if not hundreds in their pond. But start 5 or 6 so you can be sure to get a couple males and a couple females. Then just sit back and let nature take its course. It's best to have lots of hiding places for the eggs and small fry so the adults don't eat them. Plants work great for this.

Controlled spawns are more work and require separate tanks, but you can end up with thousands of fry is that's what you want.